Gallup

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Unfortunately I can't give too much information because I didn't make it very far in the interview process. The application includes a really long personality test so they can make sure you are a 'fit' for the company. If you make it onto the next round, you get a phone interview- this is rapid fire questions and you are not allowed to ask for clarification. Loved that Gallup uses their own survey techniques for hiring purposes. Unfortunately, I was not quite what they were looking for. Good luck!

Interview Question – They asked me if I like to give gifts to people and then followed up by asking to describe the most recent gift I had given... Wasn't expecting that   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – The questions that were asked are more like IQ test. everything i have prepared like STAR stories, behavioral interview questions were not used during the first round of interview.

Interview Question – questions asked like are you good on the phone? are you a self motivator or not... I did not expect questions like these at all   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – A tougher than hell telephonic interview!

Interview Question – Well, its just a lot of behavioral questions all the way through. They'd be very extensive in questioning.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – 3 interviews: 1) Phone interview (which is recorded), 2) in person interview with recruiter, 3) case interview to a panel

Interview Question – Recorded interview; 50 questions on random topics: i.e. "What do you think about while driving?"   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Very strange first interview conducted like a structured research interview, the interview could not respond to any questions or comments, and the whole thing was recorded. Now, even if I apply for other positions, my same application and recording are used to evaluate me. It's like they assume you wouldn't tailor the interview/application to the position.

Interview Question – N/A none of the questions were hard or strange, only the format and the fact that once you've interviewed for one position, you cannot interview again for any others.   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Starts with an online assessment. Next is a behavioral phoine interview that asks you to provide very specific example for "Tell me a time when you...". Fianl interview is a face to face at which point you are almost assured of being offered a position if you make it that far.

Interview Question – The phone interview is full of "weird" questions, so make sure you are ready for anything and are prepared to give specific examples for anything that you say you have experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negoiation phase is very ambiguous. Make sure that you come to the table armed with what you expect to make and be prepared to present reasons why you feel that you expect that amount of pay. They are willing to add relocation and signing bonuses upon request.

Belgium, IL

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – Interview process consists of 2-3 rounds of telephone interviews and invitation to the office to meet the manager. Behavioural Interview.

Interview Question – How persuasive you are?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gallup in April 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview is exhausting. It takes 45-60min and its one person asking you questions on your management style, work personality, team dynamics and such. The interviewer provides no feedback so you have no idea how you are doing in the interview. If your answers meet the talents necessary for the position you will be contacted within a week via email to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you motivated a co-worker to perform better.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in May 2012.

Interview Details – All the other reviews on this site prepped me pretty well for this process. I took the initial online test at the time of applying. Got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I had several days notice for the interview. There was one hiccup on their end. The interview was scheduled for 10am. They called around 10:20 and said the interviewer got backed up and they rescheduled for 1pm. Then she called at around 11am to see if I could do it then. She asked me if I had any questions, but since people on this site already said she wouldn't be able to tell me much, I only asked how they would notify me. I got a rejection email 13 days later (on a Sunday). It was a nicely worded email, saying they didn't have a position that was a fit for me at this time. I'm sure that's really what they are all about here (as mentioned by others). You either fit their profile or you don't. One word of advice: read their website thoroughly before you even do the first test. They have basically a commission-based pay system, and they ask questions like if you are comfortable with that and if you believe people should be reimbursed based on their efforts. I was already pretty familiar with their philosophy, having taken the Strengths Test a year ago, but I was surprised about this commission thing.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult phone call that no one else in your office wanted to make? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
  • Do you believe pay should be based on merit?   View Answer

Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in April 2012.

Interview Details – From my understanding, Gallup hires based on behavior science. They want to know if you are a right fit for the job so they don't ask about past experiences specifically. However, during the phone interview you have the opportunity to use examples of past jobs to answer the questions. The phone interviewer was following a script and so the interview did not flow as easily as other phone interviews I've had

Interview Question – What is your management theory?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup Consultant interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees and interview candidates.