Gallup

Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.3

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

It's been a few years. It was a lot of phone interviews and then one in person interview. Overall the process wasn't too challenging. I enjoyed it. There were a lot of tests that you had to take but there was no case study or anything like a lot of traditional consulting firms. Since Gallup, isn't a traditional firm, just be prepared to be shocked when you get in. Culture shock for sure.

Interview Questions
  • All behavioral questions... read about them on glassdoor   Answer Question
no real negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Unfortunately I can't give too much information because I didn't make it very far in the interview process. The application includes a really long personality test so they can make sure you are a 'fit' for the company. If you make it onto the next round, you get a phone interview- this is rapid fire questions and you are not allowed to ask for clarification. Loved that Gallup uses their own survey techniques for hiring purposes. Unfortunately, I was not quite what they were looking for. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I like to give gifts to people and then followed up by asking to describe the most recent gift I had given... Wasn't expecting that   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

The questions that were asked are more like IQ test. everything i have prepared like STAR stories, behavioral interview questions were not used during the first round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • questions asked like are you good on the phone? are you a self motivator or not... I did not expect questions like these at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

A tougher than hell telephonic interview!

Interview Questions
    • Well, its just a lot of behavioral questions all the way through. They'd be very extensive in questioning.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

3 interviews: 1) Phone interview (which is recorded), 2) in person interview with recruiter, 3) case interview to a panel

Interview Questions
    • Recorded interview; 50 questions on random topics: i.e. "What do you think about while driving?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Very strange first interview conducted like a structured research interview, the interview could not respond to any questions or comments, and the whole thing was recorded. Now, even if I apply for other positions, my same application and recording are used to evaluate me. It's like they assume you wouldn't tailor the interview/application to the position.

Interview Questions
    • N/A none of the questions were hard or strange, only the format and the fact that once you've interviewed for one position, you cannot interview again for any others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Starts with an online assessment. Next is a behavioral phoine interview that asks you to provide very specific example for "Tell me a time when you...". Fianl interview is a face to face at which point you are almost assured of being offered a position if you make it that far.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview is full of "weird" questions, so make sure you are ready for anything and are prepared to give specific examples for anything that you say you have experience with.   Answer Question
    The negoiation phase is very ambiguous. Make sure that you come to the table armed with what you expect to make and be prepared to present reasons why you feel that you expect that amount of pay. They are willing to add relocation and signing bonuses upon request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgium, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgium, IL

Interview process consists of 2-3 rounds of telephone interviews and invitation to the office to meet the manager. Behavioural Interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in May 2012.

All the other reviews on this site prepped me pretty well for this process. I took the initial online test at the time of applying. Got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I had several days notice for the interview. There was one hiccup on their end. The interview was scheduled for 10am. They called around 10:20 and said the interviewer got backed up and they rescheduled for 1pm. Then she called at around 11am to see if I could do it then. She asked me if I had any questions, but since people on this site already said she wouldn't be able to tell me much, I only asked how they would notify me. I got a rejection email 13 days later (on a Sunday). It was a nicely worded email, saying they didn't have a position that was a fit for me at this time. I'm sure that's really what they are all about here (as mentioned by others). You either fit their profile or you don't. One word of advice: read their website thoroughly before you even do the first test. They have basically a commission-based pay system, and they ask questions like if you are comfortable with that and if you believe people should be reimbursed based on their efforts. I was already pretty familiar with their philosophy, having taken the Strengths Test a year ago, but I was surprised about this commission thing.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to make a difficult phone call that no one else in your office wanted to make? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
    • Do you believe pay should be based on merit?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in April 2012.

The phone interview is exhausting. It takes 45-60min and its one person asking you questions on your management style, work personality, team dynamics and such. The interviewer provides no feedback so you have no idea how you are doing in the interview. If your answers meet the talents necessary for the position you will be contacted within a week via email to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you motivated a co-worker to perform better.   Answer Question