Gallup Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgium, IL

Interview

Interview process consists of 2-3 rounds of telephone interviews and invitation to the office to meet the manager. Behavioural Interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

All the other reviews on this site prepped me pretty well for this process. I took the initial online test at the time of applying. Got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I had several days notice for the interview. There was one hiccup on their end. The interview was scheduled for 10am. They called around 10:20 and said the interviewer got backed up and they rescheduled for 1pm. Then she called at around 11am to see if I could do it then. She asked me if I had any questions, but since people on this site already said she wouldn't be able to tell me much, I only asked how they would notify me. I got a rejection email 13 days later (on a Sunday). It was a nicely worded email, saying they didn't have a position that was a fit for me at this time. I'm sure that's really what they are all about here (as mentioned by others). You either fit their profile or you don't. One word of advice: read their website thoroughly before you even do the first test. They have basically a commission-based pay system, and they ask questions like if you are comfortable with that and if you believe people should be reimbursed based on their efforts. I was already pretty familiar with their philosophy, having taken the Strengths Test a year ago, but I was surprised about this commission thing.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult phone call that no one else in your office wanted to make? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
    • Do you believe pay should be based on merit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The phone interview is exhausting. It takes 45-60min and its one person asking you questions on your management style, work personality, team dynamics and such. The interviewer provides no feedback so you have no idea how you are doing in the interview. If your answers meet the talents necessary for the position you will be contacted within a week via email to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you motivated a co-worker to perform better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

From my understanding, Gallup hires based on behavior science. They want to know if you are a right fit for the job so they don't ask about past experiences specifically. However, during the phone interview you have the opportunity to use examples of past jobs to answer the questions. The phone interviewer was following a script and so the interview did not flow as easily as other phone interviews I've had

Interview Questions

• What is your management theory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and took 45 minute personality / aptitude test. Test consisted of multiple rapid fire questions about self perception, self awareness, how others view you, how you rate yourself on various topics intelligence, drive, competitiveness, work ethic, values, integrity, etc. Too many questions to try and game the results, best to be honest and use the test as a tool for self analysis. Two weeks later recv'd email and follow up phone call to schedule a one on one phone interview with a Gallup talent associate. Phone interview lasted 45 minutes. Very similar to the personality test but combined typical behavioral questions and very specific opinion based q's. Associate was very polite and nice, only allowed to repeat the Q, no other commentary once interview was underway. After it ended associate stated that I would be contacted regarding the next step within 5-10 days.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather sell a few products to many customers or many products to a few customers?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about performance based compensation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

After an online personality test, they called and asked to set up a phone interview. They were so understaffed that It took 3 attempts for me to call and actually set up an appointment. The phone interview was very similar to the online personality test other than the fact that it was live.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of 1 online personality test to see if I was a good match for the company. Then a first round phone interview was set up. It was a very rapid fire, scripted interview process with no room to ask questions that lasted 30 min. You must interpret the questions as you see them. After that I had a second phone interview scheduled a month later. This one lasted an hour and was more rapid fire questions. Finally, 3 weeks after that I got an email saying they would not be able to fully make use of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How are you with numbers? (They asked this question 3 different times in 3 different ways)   Answer Question
    • What are your leadership views and how do you lead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position online which took about 2 hours because of the personality testing required. The next day I received a follow up email and phone call requesting scheduling a phone interview which was scheduled about 3 weeks out due to time zone difference and work restriction. The phone interview lasted a little over a half hour. The questions were very simple. You were not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions or clarification. You had to interpret the questions and answer as best you can. The responses were recorded and reviewed by a hiring manager. Some of the questions were very close ended and hard to elaborate on. They asked how I preferred to be paid about 5 times in 5 different ways. found that interesting in light of all the reviews given by employees leaving due to the recent change in their pay scales. The next day i received an email stating they didnt have an available role to take full advantage of my skills.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviews are on sided. They want your responses as you perceive the questions and will not answer your questions, even if it's regarding clarification on something they want to know. These answers are psychology based and analyzed/interpreted by a panel. They are subjective and unfortunately don't allow you to showcase the full skill set of what you can bring to the table. I got to the final round before I was cut. That took me 5 one hour interviews over the course of two months. Even at my request, they refused to let me come in for a face to face meeting. This company is successful but I believe their narrow minded approach leaves them stuck with mediocre candidates rather than high potential employees. Probably explains their high turnover rate.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2011.

Interview

Gallup is a very interesting company and has a proven methodology of how to hire. To even begin to apply to a position one must first complete an thorough, online assessment. After completing this you can apply for any positions that you desire. Make sure you know your stuff and that you write good cover letters! Apply only for positions that you know that you may be capable of ascertaining. In your cover level, speak about your Gallup Top 5. This technique helped me get multiple interviews with Gallup. Furthermore, know the Gallup products like the back of your hand. You will need to know them because the interviews are very difficult, intense and rapid fire. For a consultation position, the interview is about 70 minutes long and 60 questions. The entire interview is taped and you are unable to ask any questions. The interview is given by a moderator and the interview is later reviewed by capable analysts. Questions range from: "On a scale from 1 to 5, are you more capable than others like yourself?" to "Okay, tell me more about that." Interestingly enough, I have been contacted twice for this position. The first time I was rejected. The second time I applied for a different position and Gallup contacted me about the consultation position again. The second time, the interview was much different. The second interview was much more of a "get-to-know-you" interview. The questions were more about who I was and what I enjoyed doing. That was about five days ago and I have yet to hear back. What I can tell you is do LOTS OF HOMEWORK OTHERWISE YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT INTO GALLUP!