Gallup

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in October 2011.

Interview Details – After an online personality test, they called and asked to set up a phone interview. They were so understaffed that It took 3 attempts for me to call and actually set up an appointment. The phone interview was very similar to the online personality test other than the fact that it was live.

Interview Question – Could you see yourself in a sales position?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and took 45 minute personality / aptitude test. Test consisted of multiple rapid fire questions about self perception, self awareness, how others view you, how you rate yourself on various topics intelligence, drive, competitiveness, work ethic, values, integrity, etc. Too many questions to try and game the results, best to be honest and use the test as a tool for self analysis.

Two weeks later recv'd email and follow up phone call to schedule a one on one phone interview with a Gallup talent associate. Phone interview lasted 45 minutes. Very similar to the personality test but combined typical behavioral questions and very specific opinion based q's. Associate was very polite and nice, only allowed to repeat the Q, no other commentary once interview was underway. After it ended associate stated that I would be contacted regarding the next step within 5-10 days.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather sell a few products to many customers or many products to a few customers?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about performance based compensation?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gallup in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 1 online personality test to see if I was a good match for the company. Then a first round phone interview was set up. It was a very rapid fire, scripted interview process with no room to ask questions that lasted 30 min. You must interpret the questions as you see them. After that I had a second phone interview scheduled a month later. This one lasted an hour and was more rapid fire questions. Finally, 3 weeks after that I got an email saying they would not be able to fully make use of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How are you with numbers? (They asked this question 3 different times in 3 different ways)   Answer Question
  • What are your leadership views and how do you lead?   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online which took about 2 hours because of the personality testing required. The next day I received a follow up email and phone call requesting scheduling a phone interview which was scheduled about 3 weeks out due to time zone difference and work restriction. The phone interview lasted a little over a half hour. The questions were very simple. You were not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions or clarification. You had to interpret the questions and answer as best you can. The responses were recorded and reviewed by a hiring manager. Some of the questions were very close ended and hard to elaborate on. They asked how I preferred to be paid about 5 times in 5 different ways. found that interesting in light of all the reviews given by employees leaving due to the recent change in their pay scales. The next day i received an email stating they didnt have an available role to take full advantage of my skills.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked a series of rapid-fire questions that were highly varied in their character. There were few pauses between questions. The interviewer was a real person, but they would allow no emotion to show in their responses. The idea was to provide a neutral arbiter of your responses. It was rather intense, and I would prepare for the interview with several cups of coffee if possible-- not for the weak-hearted.

Interview Question – Would you rather sell a big product to one person, or a lot of smaller products to several people?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews are on sided. They want your responses as you perceive the questions and will not answer your questions, even if it's regarding clarification on something they want to know. These answers are psychology based and analyzed/interpreted by a panel. They are subjective and unfortunately don't allow you to showcase the full skill set of what you can bring to the table. I got to the final round before I was cut. That took me 5 one hour interviews over the course of two months. Even at my request, they refused to let me come in for a face to face meeting. This company is successful but I believe their narrow minded approach leaves them stuck with mediocre candidates rather than high potential employees. Probably explains their high turnover rate.

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

Interview Details – Gallup is a very interesting company and has a proven methodology of how to hire.
To even begin to apply to a position one must first complete an thorough, online assessment.
After completing this you can apply for any positions that you desire.
Make sure you know your stuff and that you write good cover letters! Apply only for positions that you know that you may be capable of ascertaining.
In your cover level, speak about your Gallup Top 5. This technique helped me get multiple interviews with Gallup. Furthermore, know the Gallup products like the back of your hand. You will need to know them because the interviews are very difficult, intense and rapid fire.
For a consultation position, the interview is about 70 minutes long and 60 questions.
The entire interview is taped and you are unable to ask any questions. The interview is given by a moderator and the interview is later reviewed by capable analysts.
Questions range from: "On a scale from 1 to 5, are you more capable than others like yourself?" to "Okay, tell me more about that."
Interestingly enough, I have been contacted twice for this position. The first time I was rejected. The second time I applied for a different position and Gallup contacted me about the consultation position again.
The second time, the interview was much different.
The second interview was much more of a "get-to-know-you" interview. The questions were more about who I was and what I enjoyed doing. That was about five days ago and I have yet to hear back.
What I can tell you is do LOTS OF HOMEWORK OTHERWISE YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT INTO GALLUP!

Omaha, NE

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, that consisted of general background information, and also a personality/behavioral assessment. From there, I received a phone call from lady in their appointment scheduling dept that scheduled me for a first round interview. The first round interview is basically a phone interview consisting of the same sets of questions posed in different forms. It is an interview style formatted for what they call top of the mind responses, meaning it goes very quickly and you are to say the first thin that comes to your mind. The interview took about thirty minutes, at which point I was immediately informed by the man interviewing me that I would be interviewed a second time. I was then scheduled for the end of that week for a second round interview, similar to the first round, only more indepth questions. It lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within seven days, if I was chosen for a third interview, which would be face to face. I am waiting on a response, and crossing my fingers that I get one!

Interview Question – Are you a writer? Do you enjoy writing? Have you been published?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in August 2009.

Interview Details – It starts with an online assessment, like a personality test. Then they scheduled a scripted phone interview in which the interview is recorded and analyzed by someone besides the interviewer. Then they scheduled another one. Mostly behavioral questions with occasional "Give me an example." Some say the first interview is to see if you have what it takes to work at the company while the second one is to see if you "fit" the position requirements. Apparently, only a fraction of those who begin the process make it to the next step, a face-to-face interview. My recommendation would be go to their Web site, take the online assessment, and see if they contact you. If they do, prepare yourself to answer behavioral quesitons and to be able to back it up with real-life stories. Just don't expect anything. It doesn't require much of an investment -- no networking, no kissing ass, no pretending you're really interested in the company.

Interview Question – Are you more likely to go to a party and hang out with people you know or are you more of a person who plans things in advance?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup in March 2009.

Interview Details – The robotic personality test is inhuman, unprofessional, and likely does not recruit the best talent. I daresay I would not accept a position with Gallup if this is how they think people should be treated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup