Gallup

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – 30 mins interview on phone for round 1

Interview Question – a lot of questions need me define the word they use first   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gallup in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, the first one lasts about 30 min, and the other 60 min. Questions are quite straight-forward. They will expect you to think quick and answer honestly. Do not try to be someone that you are not. They highly focus on your interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work with one outstanding employee or two mediocre employee?   View Answers (2)

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Done through phone interview at this point. A series of behavioural interviews are done based on the management methods developed by the company. The questions aren't as important as the answers. Experience is not taken much into consideration. Personality and fit within the company is the focus. It's a way to show who you are rather than what you can do.

Interview Question – Are you pushy?   View Answer

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online - interviewed at Gallup in January 2013.

Interview Details – Did online application and now wait for the first round of phone interview. It seems that same style of questions as in the talent test during online app will be repeated in the interview but difference is that you have to provide specific examples.

Interview Question – no interaction phone interview and may be faced with strange questions   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Gallup in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process simply involves 2 phone interviews where they simple ask lots of questions, then they might choose you for a face-to-face interview. First one went fine, you really don't get any feedback. A week later the same lady called for a second interview which was a bit longer. Later they sent me a rejection mail.

Interview Question – From 1 to 5, how well did this interview describe you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – Very strange interview. The interviewer was rude, rushing me and moving on quickly. Seemed like she just wanted to be off the phone and was completely uninterested. To prepare, all the questions posted by other reviewers are really great, very helpful. Every single question I was asked was posted on here.

Interview Question – Who pays you?   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in July 2009.

Interview Details – Friendly and appealing communication, well planned structure for hiring. Complicated steps and processes. They are very serious in selecting the right type of persons into the company, so they will fit the culture and set up for success.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Some candidates talk with recruiters upfront and some do not. You complete a personality assessment during the initial application process online. Some people are asked to take a skills test and some are not. If you match what they are seeking, you might be invited to answer a series of questions for 45 minutes with a telephone operator who cannot clarify any questions or answer any specific questions about the position. After they analyze it, then you might get invited to do it again for 75 minutes via a recorded telephone conversation. If they like it after analyzing it, you may or may not get invited to talk with a recruiter and hiring manager. The whole process can take months potentially. Subjectivity and bias are still potentially part of the process. It is a long process that could be significantly shortened. Screening applicants through testing is getting more common, but this company goes overboard and does not consider the time/energy they are wasting internally and with candidates.

Interview Question – I wasn't given any difficult or unexpected questions. Typically, other consulting firms ask far more difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job applied for was not available and offered a position for something entirely different.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in May 2011.

Interview Details – Easy not that hard. Generally, behavioural

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in April 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my online application and take the online assessment test. 3 days later, I got the email for phone interview. I confirm the time, however, they did not call me at the scheduled time. I gave them a call, they said there is a problem for the system. So another time was scheduled. They gave me the call 10 min later than the time scheduled. 30 questions in 30min's interview.

Interview Question – Can you describe an object? Give an example.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup