Gallup

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup in March 2009.

The robotic personality test is inhuman, unprofessional, and likely does not recruit the best talent. I daresay I would not accept a position with Gallup if this is how they think people should be treated.

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Applied online and went through the online personality assessment. After about three weeks, I received a call from Gallup to schedule a telephone interview. First round of interview was mainly on asking structured questions with no feedback/comments from the interviewer - very much similar to what's been described in this forum. At the end of the call, the interviewer informed me that there will be a second round of phone interview and scheduled a date with me on the phone call. I am still preparing for the second interview and will come back with more feedback after i have gone through it.

Interview Questions
    • Should employees' compensation be proportional to their workload?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

Similar to the feedback reported by others, I have completed an online interview and then a day later I was invited for a telephone interview booked for a week later, the interview took almost 50 minutes, with majority of questions the same as mentioned by others, however same questions were asked several times at different stages of the interview. I was told at the end of the interview, that they will contact in a week to confirm the next stage

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

30 mins interview on phone for round 1

Interview Questions
    • a lot of questions need me define the word they use first   Answer Question
    ok

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gallup in February 2013.

2 phone interviews, the first one lasts about 30 min, and the other 60 min. Questions are quite straight-forward. They will expect you to think quick and answer honestly. Do not try to be someone that you are not. They highly focus on your interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work with one outstanding employee or two mediocre employee?   View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Done through phone interview at this point. A series of behavioural interviews are done based on the management methods developed by the company. The questions aren't as important as the answers. Experience is not taken much into consideration. Personality and fit within the company is the focus. It's a way to show who you are rather than what you can do.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in January 2013.

Did online application and now wait for the first round of phone interview. It seems that same style of questions as in the talent test during online app will be repeated in the interview but difference is that you have to provide specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • no interaction phone interview and may be faced with strange questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Very strange interview. The interviewer was rude, rushing me and moving on quickly. Seemed like she just wanted to be off the phone and was completely uninterested. To prepare, all the questions posted by other reviewers are really great, very helpful. Every single question I was asked was posted on here.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup.

Some candidates talk with recruiters upfront and some do not. You complete a personality assessment during the initial application process online. Some people are asked to take a skills test and some are not. If you match what they are seeking, you might be invited to answer a series of questions for 45 minutes with a telephone operator who cannot clarify any questions or answer any specific questions about the position. After they analyze it, then you might get invited to do it again for 75 minutes via a recorded telephone conversation. If they like it after analyzing it, you may or may not get invited to talk with a recruiter and hiring manager. The whole process can take months potentially. Subjectivity and bias are still potentially part of the process. It is a long process that could be significantly shortened. Screening applicants through testing is getting more common, but this company goes overboard and does not consider the time/energy they are wasting internally and with candidates.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't given any difficult or unexpected questions. Typically, other consulting firms ask far more difficult questions.   Answer Question

The job applied for was not available and offered a position for something entirely different.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in August 2012.

The process simply involves 2 phone interviews where they simple ask lots of questions, then they might choose you for a face-to-face interview. First one went fine, you really don't get any feedback. A week later the same lady called for a second interview which was a bit longer. Later they sent me a rejection mail.

Interview Questions
    • From 1 to 5, how well did this interview describe you?   Answer Question