Gallup

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)
Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gallup in April 2012.

I submitted my online application and take the online assessment test. 3 days later, I got the email for phone interview. I confirm the time, however, they did not call me at the scheduled time. I gave them a call, they said there is a problem for the system. So another time was scheduled. They gave me the call 10 min later than the time scheduled. 30 questions in 30min's interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

I am in the US but the position will be located in China. In the process of completing the online application, I was asked to finish a test, which helped the company understand applicants' personalities. After that, I got rejection letters from the company system. To my surprise, I got a phone interview invitation one month later. The phone interview lasted for around 30 mins and included around 30 questions. The HR lady asked me to answer questions with intuition. Some questions included specific situations and she wanted to know how I would respond. The other questions were more like self-assessment. (ie. Do you think you are responsible and why? Do you think you are a team player or an individual worker? ) I intended to identify a question, but she asked me just to answer without thinking about too much.

I am going to have another phone interview, which is supposed to last for 45 mins and include 60 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you always have an intensive schedule?   Answer Question
    • Do you need to have a lot of activities to make you happy?   Answer Question
    • Do you have better imagination than others? If so, please provide an example.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

Very automated. Asked very direct questions similar to what is posted on this site. Hard to know what they are looking for since the interviewer can not give you any additional information. She can only repeat the question. I tried to study, but I would suggest just answering honestly. Applied for the position, completed test, and had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about in the morning?   Answer Question
    • Would you focus on a low performer or an employee who is doing well if you were a manager?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

After meeting one of Gallup's talent sourcing directors, I filled out the online assessment. Folllowing that, I was contacted by Gallup to set up a phone interview to discuss my personality. I had a 30 minute phone interview that asked a number of structured leadership and work style questions. I was told that I would be contacted again to evaluate my results. It hasn't happened yet, but I just had the initial phone interview this morning.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a good leader? What are the traits that make you a good leader?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

no real feedback through out the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • what are your long term goals? what is your management theory?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

Some of the questions asked:
    - What is your management theory?
    - Do you like to spend time alone? If so, what do you like to do?
    - What is your idea of a good time?
    - What is your greatest accomplishment?
    - Are you responsible? Explain.
    - Willing to relocate?
    - What are some skills that you have acquired?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    - What type of job are you looking for?

Note: If you are told that they will let you know how it went in a week or 2, it probably means that you didn't make it. If on the other hand, they tell right then and there that you made it to the next level, prepare, prepare, prepare.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

Lots of contextual questions. Would be beneficial to read their publications.
    Very professional. Each round takes about 45 minutes.
    "How much money is a lot of money"
    "Tell me about a bare bone prospect/situation you turned into an opportunity for you and your organization"
    "Do you handle pressure well"
    It is designed to understand your talents and handle on tough matters.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

Unterzog mich dem Onlinetest, wurde zwei Tage später von einer Personalvermittlerin im Vereinigten Königreich kontaktiert. Wurde für ein Vorstellungsgespräch in Berlin eingeplant. Sprach mit einer Frau, die mir, wie von anderen erwähnt, 30 Minuten nur verhaltensorientierte Fragen stellte. Es blieb weder Zeit für eigene Fragen noch für einen Dialog. Nächste Runde: Gespräch mit einer Frau aus dem Vereinigten Königreich, wieder 30 Minuten, kein Zwiegespräch. Nächste Runde: weiteres Interview mit derselben Frau, diesmal 60 Minuten verhaltensorientierte Fragen. Dann erhielt ich von der Personalvermittlerin eine Standard-E-Mail mit der Aussage, dass ich es nicht in die Endrunde geschafft habe. Während der gesamten Interviews telefonierte ich mit der Personalvermittlerin und plötzlich sandte sie mir eine unpersönliche Standard-E-Mail. Allles in allem fand ich das Ganze recht seltsam... die ganzen persönlichen und psychologischen Fragen blieben nicht ohne Auswirkungen; ich träumte sogar schlecht. Ich verstehe nicht, wie Gallup andere Unternehmen bei deren Einstellungen BERÄT. Ich fühlte mich nicht als gleichwertiges, menschliches Wesen respektiert, aber vielleicht sehe nur ich das so...

took the online test, was contacted by a recruiter in the UK after two days. scheduled an interview with the office based in berlin. talked to a women, who asked me only behavioral questions for 30 minutes as stated by others. there was no room for my questions and no dialogue. next round: interview with a women from the UK, again 30 minutes, no dialogue. next round: another interview with the same women, this time 60 minutes of behavioral questions. then i got a standard email from the recruiter saying that I didnt make it to the final round. throughout the whole interview process I spoke to the recruiter on the phone and suddenly she sends me a standard anonymous email. All in all a weird interview process... all those personal and psychological questions got to my mind, I even had bad dreams about the whole thing. I don't understand how Gallup CONSULTS other companies with their recruitment. I did not feel respected as an equal human being. but maybe thats just me...

Interview Questions
    • Geben Sie uns ein Beispiel für ihre schnelle Auffassungsgabe   give an example of your quick thinking   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

The process was really very easy and simple. The normal online application process + Psychometric test. The test aims to identify your strengths. If your strengths match their profile, you will be contacted to arrange for a phone interview. I got contacted within 5 working days of my online application to schedule a phone interview. I did 2 of them. The phone interviews include similar questions to those of the psychometric test (but more thorough) + very few generic questions about your technical skills. After 2 interviews i recieved a notification email that was not succesful. By the way, i compiled a list of all the questions posted here by all reviweres and I would say 85% of the questions came from that list. I highly recommend you review all the questions posted on this website and prepare as you are required to set examples and describe, the normal STAR interviewing thing. Overall the interview was average.

Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

The phone interviews are basically an extension of the questionnaire you complete when you apply. You are expected to give examples of when you've used a specific trait in your work. Due to the way they ask the questions, and how they're required to ask them, if you say yes, pause. After you say yes, they will then ask you to describe a time. If you just go into an explanation, they will stop you and have you repeat it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself successful talking on the phone?   Answer Question