Gallup

Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.3

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

A tougher than hell telephonic interview!

Interview Questions
  • Well, its just a lot of behavioral questions all the way through. They'd be very extensive in questioning.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Starts with an online assessment. Next is a behavioral phoine interview that asks you to provide very specific example for "Tell me a time when you...". Fianl interview is a face to face at which point you are almost assured of being offered a position if you make it that far.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview is full of "weird" questions, so make sure you are ready for anything and are prepared to give specific examples for anything that you say you have experience with.   Answer Question
    The negoiation phase is very ambiguous. Make sure that you come to the table armed with what you expect to make and be prepared to present reasons why you feel that you expect that amount of pay. They are willing to add relocation and signing bonuses upon request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in July 2011.

Applied for the position online which took about 2 hours because of the personality testing required. The next day I received a follow up email and phone call requesting scheduling a phone interview which was scheduled about 3 weeks out due to time zone difference and work restriction. The phone interview lasted a little over a half hour. The questions were very simple. You were not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions or clarification. You had to interpret the questions and answer as best you can. The responses were recorded and reviewed by a hiring manager. Some of the questions were very close ended and hard to elaborate on. They asked how I preferred to be paid about 5 times in 5 different ways. found that interesting in light of all the reviews given by employees leaving due to the recent change in their pay scales. The next day i received an email stating they didnt have an available role to take full advantage of my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

Gallup is a very interesting company and has a proven methodology of how to hire.
    To even begin to apply to a position one must first complete an thorough, online assessment.
    After completing this you can apply for any positions that you desire.
    Make sure you know your stuff and that you write good cover letters! Apply only for positions that you know that you may be capable of ascertaining.
    In your cover level, speak about your Gallup Top 5. This technique helped me get multiple interviews with Gallup. Furthermore, know the Gallup products like the back of your hand. You will need to know them because the interviews are very difficult, intense and rapid fire.
    For a consultation position, the interview is about 70 minutes long and 60 questions.
    The entire interview is taped and you are unable to ask any questions. The interview is given by a moderator and the interview is later reviewed by capable analysts.
    Questions range from: "On a scale from 1 to 5, are you more capable than others like yourself?" to "Okay, tell me more about that."
    Interestingly enough, I have been contacted twice for this position. The first time I was rejected. The second time I applied for a different position and Gallup contacted me about the consultation position again.
    The second time, the interview was much different.
    The second interview was much more of a "get-to-know-you" interview. The questions were more about who I was and what I enjoyed doing. That was about five days ago and I have yet to hear back.
    What I can tell you is do LOTS OF HOMEWORK OTHERWISE YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT INTO GALLUP!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2010.

I filled out an application online, that consisted of general background information, and also a personality/behavioral assessment. From there, I received a phone call from lady in their appointment scheduling dept that scheduled me for a first round interview. The first round interview is basically a phone interview consisting of the same sets of questions posed in different forms. It is an interview style formatted for what they call top of the mind responses, meaning it goes very quickly and you are to say the first thin that comes to your mind. The interview took about thirty minutes, at which point I was immediately informed by the man interviewing me that I would be interviewed a second time. I was then scheduled for the end of that week for a second round interview, similar to the first round, only more indepth questions. It lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within seven days, if I was chosen for a third interview, which would be face to face. I am waiting on a response, and crossing my fingers that I get one!

Interview Questions
    • Are you a writer? Do you enjoy writing? Have you been published?   Answer Question