Gallup

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Consulting Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gallup in September 2009.

Interview Details – Passed through the online analysis, first phone interview, second phone interview and then the hiring manager. Then came the in-person interviews. Three people loved me, one hated me. The one fought the many until they capitulated to his will. No offer made.

Interview Question – So, what do you want to know?   View Answers (2)

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – If you pass the online personality assessment, first round will be a phone interview. I was told it was going to be completely psycho-behavioral, and it was. The interviewer follows a script and isn't allowed to react or respond to your answers. It took roughly 30 minutes. Questions came fast, one after another so be prepared. Some were odd and many times I was asked to rate myself on a scale of 1-5

Interview Question – Should a manager focus on under performers or over performers?
When was the last time you helped someone?
When are you at your best?
How responsible are you? rate on a scale of 1-5
  Answer Question

Consulting Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

Interview Details – Process: Psychometric online test --> First Telephonic Interview -->Second Telephonic Interview
Note: I have only cleared the first telephonic interview and I was told that my next interview would be the very next day.
Anlysis of the interview: I believe that the interview questions were extremely well scripted, with one or two really twisted ones. My interview lasted for about 35 odd mins and had a few questions which I had not come across on any of the forums. One of the questions which I found interesting as it was extremely subjective was - How do you work in an organization with closed people? Others were the usual ones listed earlier
- What do you consider a good time for you?
- Would you rather sell a few products to many customers or many products to a few customers?
- Have you ever changed a culture? If Yes, how?
- Do you have to be the boss?
- Are you responsible? Explain.
- Are you a leader? Explain how.
- How do you feel about cynical people in your organization?
- Have you ever made someone else make your cause their own? If yes elaborate how?
- Have you ever challenged anyone more than what they had been expecting?
- Do you always do what the client asks of you?
- Do u hold back emotions or do u express freely?

Interview Questions

• Would you invest your time on a high achiever or on a low achiever?   View Answer
  • Are you on the Fast Track? / Would you say you are amongst the top 5% of the population?   Answer Question
  • How do you explain something to a peer so that it is easily understandable?   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

Interview Details – it is like a questionnaire. Sometimes, you need to rate from 1-5 or 1-10; sometimes you just need to say yes or no. The first phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes for about 30 questions, but I just used 20 minutes...I should have said more...At the end of the interview, a second phone interview was scheduled for a week later and I was informed it would be a 45 minute more in-depth interview. I will update the questions for the second interview after that.

Questions for 1st phone interview:
How much do you prefer working for the top company in some industry? Why consulting industry? Do you order people to do something, describe? Do you prefer working alone or with others, describe? Are you more imaginative than others, example? Several questions about honesty, like how to prove? Examples about keeping promise.

Tips: read all the posted interview questions here. Don't be nervous. Focus on the questions (don't say too much unrelated things). Sometimes it is very hard to understand the questions. I guess the meaning changes when the questions were translated into chinese...I guess it is better to give your own interpretation first, if you think the question seems ambiguous.

Consulting Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

Interview Details – The response from HR was pretty fast but the phone interview had to be scheduled for 2 weeks later as all the slots have been taken up. Similar to most of the reviewer experience on this page, the interview consisted of a long, robotic list of behavioral based questions for which my interviewer (who was a consultant) could only repeat but could not interpret in any way. The interview lasted about an hour and the interviewer immediately scheduled another phone interview within the same week with me.

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied the job online and it took nearly a month to hear from HR scheduling a 30-min interview. It is like what other posts said, typical questions measuring your characteristics, behaviors, decision-making, etc. Not hard, just be yourself.

Interview Question – Are you able to keep your promise? Example   Answer Question

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!