Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.1

Research Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Took a test online and got an email to set up an interview shortly afterwards. Was asked several personality type questions and was told right after it was done that they wanted to set up a follow up interview. The follow up interview was longer (1 hr vs. 30 min), but mostly similar questions. They asked me a bunch of questions related to sales consulting (and this was for a research position), and a few questions more relevant to the position (what type of analysis would you do in this case..). I answered the questions very similarly, but got a rejection email shortly afterwards.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

An unconventional hiring process. Gallup grounds itself on data, and uses data as the primary driver of the interview process. To find great consultants, they identify the traits that make a great consultant, and they hire those that match.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work independently or collaborate? (an example; I cannot confirm if this was an exact question)   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was just like the rest of the reviews! The speaker seemed nice and gave you time to complete your answers! The interviewer was only able to repeat the questions! I am now waiting for a response. Best way to prepare is to write down the questions from the reviews and write down your answers before your interviews!

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5 how competitive are you?
      What kind of numbers do you think about?

1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple of days later telling me that I was scheduled for a phone screening interview. The phone interview was very fast paced.

Workplace Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

We had a questionnaire to complete, and then a phone interview took place. It was recorded with someone on the other end who was fairly abrupt. My interviewer was fairly awkward and didn't deviate from the formal canned questions, many of which did not pertain to my educator's background. The interviewee was supposed to answer fairly succinctly, unless the interviewer asked for elaboration.

Interview Questions

• How persuasive are you? On a scale of 1-5? How would you sell to a client over the phone? Have you ever made a tough phone call? Please elaborate.   Answer Question

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a time set up for a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview called promptly on time. I was a little thrown off that my caller ID showed the call was from Canada. The interviewer was pleasant but it was question and answer, not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe it is ever ok to lie? Would people who know you say that you are reliable? Do you like to arrive at work early? Why do you like to arrive at work early? How do you feel about unfinished work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

The first round is an online assessment. There were a series of questions like true or false, yes or no, rate on a scale, etc. The point is to look at what type of person you are. Answer honestly. I went with my gut.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gallup (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process overview of Describing yourself education and work history and then furnishing application and resume, then briefly expressing what your looking for and what the company need, job description pay rate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ¿, Give me an example why u would be a good fit for the company. ,what can u bring to the company. , tell me about your education and work history and background. , what is your availability and hours.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went through an online test and a phone interview. The phone interview and online test were rapid personality questions, I made it through to the second interview on the phone, which was more traditional interview. If I made it through that, they told me there would be an in person interview and a skills to make sure I was proficient in Excel and Word.

Interview Questions

• What is one subject you would consider yourself an expert on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in April 2015.

Interview

My interview process was much like what has been offered: I completed the online screening, and then was scheduled for a follow on call with a HR specialist who asked me many of the same questions that have been given. I then had another call with the same specialist, this was a longer call and after that was told I wasn't a good fit for the position but they wanted to include me in their "talent bank" for future reference. The frustrating thing for me was that I never spoke to a "real" person who could provide me more info about the position being posted and what it would entail and what they were looking for. So I was left feeling like they had all the info: the analytics on me, and a sense of what they wanted, and the two weren't a match. I felt like I had to be ok with it: they had either a valid process and the result was as it should be, or they're wedded to a process that's flawed and so why would I want to work at a place with such rigid thinking.

Interview Questions

• What is a lot of money? Are you responsible (rate yourself from 1 to 10)? Are you aggressive (ditto on rating yourself)? How do you define a successful consulting engagement?   Answer Question