Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.1

Interview

I spent an hour filling out the assessment that is part of their application process. I submitted my application at around 6pm. By the next day at 9am, I had a rejection email. I doubt they even took as much time looking at my entire application as I did filling out the online assessment. I think they need to show more appreciation for the applicant. At least create the illusion that you looked at my application.

Interview Questions

• A series of questions asking about whether you like to work in teams, whether you think people are inherently trustworthy, and whether or not you take the leadership role in groups.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Same as the other reviews. Submitted online and then received a phone interview. After the interview, I was told I will move to the next round. Second phone interview was set up for the following week.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the poisiton, received a call about 1 week later to set up the phone screen. Phone screen just as everyone else has mentioned. It took about 45 minustes and the person on the othe end does not have any specifics to provide related to the questions asked. Waiting to hear back regarding a second interview...

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete a long personality quiz like other people have mentioned. It took about two weeks before I received an email telling me to call and schedule a phone interview. Set up the phone interview for about a week later. This initial phone interview has absolutely nothing to do with the position you applied for and is conducted by a call center employee. All the questions were personality based and the process took about an hour. There are dozens of other interview reviews with sample questions, prepare answers with supporting examples because it's supposed to be pretty quick-fire. I was told I would hear something within a week, wether they wanted to proceed with my application or not, however, no one contacted me. I called and someone called me back that same afternoon to set up another phone interview with the hiring manager. Normally the second interview would've been in person, but this job was being remotely filled from the Omaha office so it was another phone interview. This one was more relaxed and like a traditional interview. Answered questions about my background, goals, etc. and was given more detail about the position. He mentioned that only about 1/100 people make it passed that first phone screening and I thought it went really well. The manager gave the impression that I would at least be moving to the next phase (a skills test). It took about a week for Talent Resources to call me back and tell me they were pursuing other candidates and that they were adding me to the "talent bank". She strongly implied there were other opportunities coming available in the near future that would meet my skill set. Even though I didn't receive an offer it was a fairly straight forward process and I really like that they let you know either way.

Interview Questions

• Do you think others find you intimidating? Do you like to do things the "right" way? Why?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied- day 0; Invitation to proceed with phone interview- day 7; Phone interview- day 9; Non-selection email day 14. It was a very bizarre and uncomfortable experience. There is no personal interaction or soft take-off for the interview, you go straight into it. The interviewer acts as a human robot reading questions and cannot give any additional information or react to how you answer. I have a sneaking suspicion that they select candidates to interview as a means of gathering data. After we ended the call I had already made the decision that I did not want to pursue employment with this company; there is a complete lack of human connection. It was a mindfork- deliberately confusing and manipulatory.

Interview Questions

• <note> there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the interview stating that their interview questions are proprietary and they are not to be shared. That said.... What do you think about when you're driving?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Huntington Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It took about a week for them to get back to me and setup and phone interview. Lady calling was form UK and she was very pleasant. She asked a bunch of yes or no and other questions. Nothing technical at all, stuff like do you like to get to work early and why? It took about 38 minutes and she said they'll get back to me. 3 days later I got an email saying in essence that I'm not what they're looking for. The whole this was BS and a waist of my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about 2 weeks later to call to setup an interview. I called and the interview was setup for the following week. They said the interview would take probably an hour, but mine ended up taking about a half hour. I was asked a lot of personality-type yes/no questions. Every once in awhile they would ask me to give an example on why I chose that. At the close of the interview I was told this would be sent to a hiring manager and they would decide within 3-5 days. A few days later I receive an email saying they didn't want to go any further with me. This "interview" was pointless. It was all about personality, with questions similar to what I answered when I first applied . There was no conversing allowed with the interviewer about the position. NOTHING about the actual position, skills, etc... It felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you honest? How do people know you are honest?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Took a test online and got an email to set up an interview shortly afterwards. Was asked several personality type questions and was told right after it was done that they wanted to set up a follow up interview. The follow up interview was longer (1 hr vs. 30 min), but mostly similar questions. They asked me a bunch of questions related to sales consulting (and this was for a research position), and a few questions more relevant to the position (what type of analysis would you do in this case..). I answered the questions very similarly, but got a rejection email shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to try to make the customer look good?   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

An unconventional hiring process. Gallup grounds itself on data, and uses data as the primary driver of the interview process. To find great consultants, they identify the traits that make a great consultant, and they hire those that match.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work independently or collaborate? (an example; I cannot confirm if this was an exact question)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup in June 2015.

Interview

The online application includes an assessment. Be sure to give yourself uninterrupted time to take it. The questions will move in 20 seconds whether you answer or not. You cannot retake the assessment for 2 years, even if you wish to apply for another job. If you understand Gallup's strengths philosophy you will do OK.

Interview Questions

• There were different sections to the online assessment -- one part on a scale of 1-5, and then yes/no questions. All behavioral.   Answer Question