Gallup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Consulting Interview

Summer Consulting

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – The first interview was actually an online assessment. The next two interviews were both 45 minutes long on the phone. The process was very tedious. Gallup takes you through a long process before every meeting you in person. I had two interviewers not call during their scheduled time.

Interview Question – Very strange questions. They are looking for a very particular personality type. Most of the questions are behavioral.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Client Development Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – I applied online and took a personality test. Immediately I was notified that I was not a good fit for certain jobs but recommended to apply for other specific jobs that matched my personality test. Then I had two long phone interviews, about 30-45 minutes each. The questions had nothing to do with my work experience. Instead, the questions were rapid-fire and unexpected, such as "would you rather" and "on a scale of 1-5" but there was no room for explanation.

Interview Question – What is a good time for you?   Answer Question

Organizational Talent Consultant Interview

Organizational Talent Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Process began by completing online application and completing a Gallup Inventory - if you have taken StrengthsQuest or StrengthsFinder, you will be able to better interpret the questions. Following the successful completion of the inventory I received an email within 48 hours offering to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and the interviewer followed a series of scripted questions and was unable to elaborate on any of the questions that were posed. Each interview question is left up to the interpretation of the interviewee. The phone conversation wrapped up with a review of the "next steps" of the process - a possible second phone interview, followed by a possible on-campus interview. Of the 4 stages of their hiring process, I have only made it through stages 1 & 2 thus far.

Interview Question – Questions are left up to the interpretation of the individual answering the questions. I was asked questions along the vein of the following that I was not entirely prepared to answer.

What is your best time?
What kind of compensation plan do you prefer?
What is your biggest contribution? (which was asked after questions about community engagement and civic responsibility).
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – I applied online and took a personality/behavioral test as the other reviewers have mentioned. I received an email stating that Gallup would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was as other reviewers have mentioned, consisting of personality/behavioral type questions. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Is it important for you to be liked?   View Answers (2)

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – I applied online and had to take the personality/behavioral test like all other applicants. I advanced to the phone interview stage and was called by someone at their call center. The phone interview was very similar to the personality test that I had to take online, but more directed to how I would behave in a professional capacity or a work environment. Many were very open ended/vague. Nothing specific about the position I actually applied for was discussed, and I couldn't ask the interviewer to clarify any of the questions.

Interview Question – "What is a good time?"   Answer Question

Media Relations Specialist Interview

Media Relations Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email and follow-up call asking me to schedule an interview at a scheduling center. The phone interview was the next week and consisted of a series of pre-selected questions with no feedback or commentary from the interviewer, though the interviewer himself seemed nice. It lasted about an hour and the interviewer indicated that if I were selected for consideration, I would hear from an HR Manager within a week or so.

Interview Question – Do other people find you intimidating?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – I applied online, and like everyone else had to fill out the on-line assesment. Within a couple of days I got an email to call and schedule the telephone interview, but even before I had the chance to do that, someone from Gallup called me and scheduled it. The first interview lasted apprx 40 mins, and literally within 10 mins of finishing it I got a call to schedule a follow up phone interview. That one lasted over an hour. The questions in the first and second interview were very similar, and basically there were no surprises for me as most questions asked were what other reviews on glassdoor had already mentioned. After the 2nd phone interview there was radio silence for almost 3 weeks, until finally I received an automated email saying they won't pursue my candidacy further.

Interview Question – There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, the challenge was that they asked the same questions in many different ways, so after a while you felt like you were repeating yourself. For example: Tell me about a time you helped a customer... then, tell me about a time you added value to a customer... then tell me about a time you had success with a customer. etc. ..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Outbound Interviewer Interview

Outbound Interviewer
Bellevue, NE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

Interview Details – They called and asked if I could go to a Group interview. I sat at a long table. They asked a few simple questions, and had all of us read a little. Every one got hired. Nothing to it.

Negotiation Details – Start training

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interviewer Interview

Associate Interviewer
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in May 2013.

Interview Details – If you pass the personality profile online, you get asked to do a group interview. They only ask you about 3-4 questions, and then have you read a script out loud. Very easy!

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Two Phone Interviews that lasted about half an hour each. Very robotic interviews. Everything is about the content of your responses and very little is based on your vocal inflection.

Interview Question – Are you an angry person?   Answer Question

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!