Gallup

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phil, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phil, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

long phone interviews, rapid fire questions based on personality not behavioral based phone interviews lasted 30min-1 hour, they would not clarify questions. I went through 3 of these with different people, i think they had a third party ask the questions who was not very friendly. It's hard to prepare for and you should just respond honestly since they are hiring certain personalities and trying to ensure the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • when is the last time someone has done something nice for you
      are you optimistic
      what do you think about when driving in the car

View Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

If you pass the online assessment then you have two phone interviews. Both of the interviews are behavioral and focus on how you react in a situation they put you in. Have to be quick because it is like a rapid fire.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with failure?
      Are you willing to sell or recommend more products or services?
      How would you like to be paid?
      What motivates you?
      Do you like competition?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

I found the posting on Gallup's website and applied through there. Within a week I received an e-mail requesting that I call their scheduling desk to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week.

During the phone interview, it was explained to me that I would be asked a series of personality assessment type questions over the course of 45 minutes (the Q&A portion of my interview ended up clocking in at a little over 35 minutes). I was informed that I would not be able to ask the interviewer to clarify questions, though I could only ask her to repeat them. I was also told to keep my answers concise (at one point in the beginning of the interview I was reminded to keep my answers short). Also, the interview was recorded.

Once this interview was over, I was told that I could expect to hear back within a week. At that point, I may be invited to partake in a second phone interview entailing another round of personality assessment type questions. If I made it past that round, there would be an in-person, traditional, more conversational interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • **To best prepare for your initial phone interview, please make sure to go through ALL these Glassdoor Gallup interview reviews - NOT just the Associate Analyst ones.** Given the sheer volume of Gallup reviews provided here, by "ALL" I mean all the jobs that are at the same level as or in the same vein as this position - Research Analyst, Consultant, Project Manager.

All the questions that were asked of me, were found in these Glassdoor reviews. I would rate this interview as being easy to average PROVIDED that you prepare for it by reviewing the feedback provided in these reviews. Without any prep, it would be difficult. Although it will take some time to copy and paste all the questions provided in these reviews into a Word document, it is WELL worth the trouble. The interview is fast-paced. I wasn't rushed per se, but the interviewer definitely kept the interview moving and there was no time to contemplate answers.

My phone interview questions included:
      • How do you like to be paid?/Should compensation be based on performance? (This type of question was asked 3-4 different ways throughout the interview.)
      • Are you a positive person?
      • Do you like working with cynical people?
      • Are you an overachiever?
      • Are you competitive?
      • What qualities do you like in an employer?
      • Do people regularly come to you for advice?
      • Are you service-oriented?
      • Should a manager focus on a higher performing employee or a low performing employee?/Would you one high-performing employee or two mediocre employees who together generate the same output as the high performing employee? (Questions along these lines were asked about 3 times throughout the interview.)
      • Are you the most caring person of the people that you associate with?
      • Do you associate with the others who have the same values as you?
      • Do you prefer 8-5 or more of a lifestyle (meaning work continues to roll in beyond those hours)?
      • Do you think chain of command is important?
      • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      • Are you more productive when under pressure?
      • What is a good time?
      • Are people willing to do things for you?
      • Would you work for a sales-based organization?
      • Is there such a thing as giving someone too much praise?

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup.

The interview process took about two months with numerous phone interviews, a skills assessment, and in-person interview. Definitely look at the list of questions that you can find on here for the first two interviews, which were all rapid fire questions. The interviews are a little unnerving and being prepared was helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to work alone? What do you think about when driving to/from work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Submitted application online and did a personality assessment. Contacted by email to go through two rounds of interviews by phone, possibly followed by more phone or in person interviews depending on the position and location.

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Gallup has a unique three part interview process. You need to get through the part 1 talent assessment when you apply before they will extend you a phone interview. The Part 1 assessment matches your personality and work ethic to the corporate culture, so once your part 1 assessment is scored they will extend you part 2 (the phone interview) if you've done well enough to meet their talent profile. The initial phone interview is more or less a very in depth version of the part 1 talent assessment, with a variety of questions designed to see how you would react or behave in given situations or on past experiences. If you make it past this stage, they will get you to the technology part of the interview, which will go well if your technology skills and interests align with the position they are looking to fill and you demonstrate that during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • From Pt. 2: What would you do if you were stuck in traffic late to a morning meeting?   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Just passed the first interview, about to have second interview today. Similar to what everybody said here. Except, the interviewer was quite nice. Some of the questions were ambiguous, but I think they were designed that way. Some of the questions were asked many times in different ways like "how do you think people should be compensated".

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Conducted Two interviews via phone. Fast pace interviews, general questions and details about personality . It was less of an interview about resume or skills, more about ability to respond, being on the spot. Not an interview you can prepare for but it would help if you think of all the events you have at the job and the type of employee and researcher you want to be

Associate Analyst Interview

interviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

I applied online and answered a standard set of behavioral interview questions. After that, I was invited for a 45 minute phone interview. The phone interview was a series of questions (behavioral) with no room to elaborate. The process was not difficult and I was told that I would hear back within 3-5 days .

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to work in sales? I thought this was strange given that it was not a sales job.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Same as other posts. I applied for the branch in Thailand but the person who contacted me was in Singapore. Although my phone interview was in Thai, the questions are the same but poorly translated. Still waiting for their respond about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Rapid fired questions and behavioral questions. Need to do your homework before the interview.   Answer Question