Gallup

Getting the Interview

345 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup in February 2014.

Interview Details – After the initial online test was selected for the first round of telephonic interview.
Included 50 rapid fire questions. They were all behavioral questions. Got a reject two days later via email.

Interview Question – Did you do anything innovative in the last week?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Bellevue, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

Interview Details – I put in an application online, and I received a call within a week. The call was made to invite me to a group interview where it was mentioned that they hire in groups of about ten people. The interviewer seemed to be trying to sell the company to us instead of the usual question/answer type of interview. We were asked to tell the group our name/hobbies/five year plan. I felt that as soon as we received the call for the interview, we had already been accepted into the company. The interviewer mentioned that they take the online personality test very seriously, and that once you pass that you're basically in. After the group interview, we each got to speak with the interview consultant separately wherein he asked if I had any questions. After answering them, he told me I'd be hired if I passed my background check. They called in less than 5 days and told me I had the job.

Interview Question – The interviewer will ask you to read a short sample script in front of the other interviewees.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The pay is $7.50/hour if you don't meet your quotas,$ 9.75 if you do meet your quotas, and higher if you go over the quota. Most employees make $11/hour according to the interviewer.

Administrative Services Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Application was online. Took personality testing. screening, which lasted about 40 minutes. It is a good screening tool for Gallup. This helps narrow the candidates. They probably have plenty of candidates and therefore, need to narrow it down. Gallop headquarters are in Washington, D.C. and they have offices worldwide. Therefore, there are lots of opportunities with Gallup.

Interview Question – Have to choose "best" answer when sometimes there are two possible answers.   View Answer

Technical Project Manager Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Interview was like rapid fire

Interview Question – How do you rate your leadership skills?
Could you please explain what are the leadership qualities you have?
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

Interview Details – Unique interviewing process. After an initial screening I took a long, timed skills and personality test online. I passed that for a series of structured phone interviews. These were conducted by a third party who asked you targeted questions about your skills and experience, often multiple times in different ways. Similar to other structured interviews, you can only provide direct answers. Not possible to establish rapport with the interviewer. You can get a good sense based on their website and kinds of questions you get the answers they're looking for. My understanding is this is all recorded and you only get one shot. Questions they were asking suggested this was a more technical position than I had anticipated.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you were good at math, giving a specific example.   View Answer

Client Development Consultant Internship Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online personality test, fit test, timed. Phone interview rounds

Interview Question – on a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on confidence/teamwork/diligience/work ethic/...follow up with example.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Professional Interviewer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – test online, recruiter calls, you go in for final interview and 6 weeks paid training. After that RUN!!!!!

Interview Question – Do you believe people should be paid only for the work they complete? (misleading, answer yes or fail interview)   Answer Question

Client Service Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Went through two phone interviews, one lasting for 20-30 mins., and second went for 45-60 mins. Both interviews focused on behavioral questions. The responses for the first interview were expected to be short & concise while the responses for the second one were expected to be in more detail and be supported by a previous experience that supports the situation.

Interview Question – Have you ever been involved in a conflict in the workplace? Support your answer by an actual experience.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online after completing its 40 minutes online assessment having behavioral questions. Got a mail giving details about scheduling telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted for about an hour having similar behavioral questions but requiring specific example or instance where you demonstrated that quality. They really test your endurance handling such behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Are you known for your common sense approach?
Are you credible? Please illustrate.
How would you rate yourself as honest on a scale of 1 to 5?
When was the last time you gave an idea to others? Please elaborate.
  Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview Details – Apply online and took about 2 week - ask me to do the online behavior assessment - one 1 week later, set up the phone interview.

The phone interview is the most strangest interview so far. They keep repeating the similar questions in the previous assessment like: are you a accountable people? Are you known with your responsibility? And after I said yes, they will ask me to give examples... and more examples for most of the questions. If you are going to have a phone interview at Gallup, please make sure you have enough examples.

Interview Question – All about behavior questions. I guess the technical questions is in next round.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup interview questions and advice. All 345 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees and interview candidates.