Gallup

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Telephone interview after submission of application/completion of talent assessment. Took about three days to hear back. Interview was scheduled for a week later. Heard back about 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?   Answer Question

Poll Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

sit in a meeting and they explain what the job consist of and in training room for 2 weeks ...pretty simple stuff. You sit and train on computer for two weeks then they put you on a few mock call before you go fully online

n/a

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Everyone knows from the other posts the way these interviews go so I will just try and put some questions on here that I did not see posted by other people.

-What kind of work do you think you'd be doing at Gallup?
    -Are you research oriented?
    -Do you think your memory is better than most people?
    -What qualities do you think make up a bad manager?
    -A TON of questions asking if I'm good at math. Even asked me to literally to demonstrate a doing math in my head and I was expected to come up with an example myself.
    -Have you had a hard time making decisions (I think also a prior question on do I have trouble making decisions) and then example.
    -Do you think it's important to know what the population is thinking regarding things (obviously not exact wording but they were essentially referencing their gallup poll).

If any more significant examples pop in my head that I did not see posted by others, I will try and write another post.

So far I have only done the first two rounds and I am currently waiting to hear back if I got to the final round with HR.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phil, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phil, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

long phone interviews, rapid fire questions based on personality not behavioral based phone interviews lasted 30min-1 hour, they would not clarify questions. I went through 3 of these with different people, i think they had a third party ask the questions who was not very friendly. It's hard to prepare for and you should just respond honestly since they are hiring certain personalities and trying to ensure the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • when is the last time someone has done something nice for you
      are you optimistic
      what do you think about when driving in the car

View Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

If you pass the online assessment then you have two phone interviews. Both of the interviews are behavioral and focus on how you react in a situation they put you in. Have to be quick because it is like a rapid fire.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with failure?
      Are you willing to sell or recommend more products or services?
      How would you like to be paid?
      What motivates you?
      Do you like competition?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

I found the posting on Gallup's website and applied through there. Within a week I received an e-mail requesting that I call their scheduling desk to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week.

During the phone interview, it was explained to me that I would be asked a series of personality assessment type questions over the course of 45 minutes (the Q&A portion of my interview ended up clocking in at a little over 35 minutes). I was informed that I would not be able to ask the interviewer to clarify questions, though I could only ask her to repeat them. I was also told to keep my answers concise (at one point in the beginning of the interview I was reminded to keep my answers short). Also, the interview was recorded.

Once this interview was over, I was told that I could expect to hear back within a week. At that point, I may be invited to partake in a second phone interview entailing another round of personality assessment type questions. If I made it past that round, there would be an in-person, traditional, more conversational interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • **To best prepare for your initial phone interview, please make sure to go through ALL these Glassdoor Gallup interview reviews - NOT just the Associate Analyst ones.** Given the sheer volume of Gallup reviews provided here, by "ALL" I mean all the jobs that are at the same level as or in the same vein as this position - Research Analyst, Consultant, Project Manager.

All the questions that were asked of me, were found in these Glassdoor reviews. I would rate this interview as being easy to average PROVIDED that you prepare for it by reviewing the feedback provided in these reviews. Without any prep, it would be difficult. Although it will take some time to copy and paste all the questions provided in these reviews into a Word document, it is WELL worth the trouble. The interview is fast-paced. I wasn't rushed per se, but the interviewer definitely kept the interview moving and there was no time to contemplate answers.

My phone interview questions included:
      • How do you like to be paid?/Should compensation be based on performance? (This type of question was asked 3-4 different ways throughout the interview.)
      • Are you a positive person?
      • Do you like working with cynical people?
      • Are you an overachiever?
      • Are you competitive?
      • What qualities do you like in an employer?
      • Do people regularly come to you for advice?
      • Are you service-oriented?
      • Should a manager focus on a higher performing employee or a low performing employee?/Would you one high-performing employee or two mediocre employees who together generate the same output as the high performing employee? (Questions along these lines were asked about 3 times throughout the interview.)
      • Are you the most caring person of the people that you associate with?
      • Do you associate with the others who have the same values as you?
      • Do you prefer 8-5 or more of a lifestyle (meaning work continues to roll in beyond those hours)?
      • Do you think chain of command is important?
      • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      • Are you more productive when under pressure?
      • What is a good time?
      • Are people willing to do things for you?
      • Would you work for a sales-based organization?
      • Is there such a thing as giving someone too much praise?

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gallup in December 2014.

Online application that includes an assessment. True/false, multiple choice, on-a-scale-of-one-to-ten questions. Rapid fire. Lots of repetition. The assessment is stressful because you feel like you keep repeating yourself and because many of their questions are simply hard to answer. They'll ask you something conditional like "If you found yourself having to discipline someone you manager would you A: be harsh B: Look for someone else to do it C: Avoid it", obviously your answer might not be one of those three.

I got passed the online and did the 1st round, which is a phone interview with similar types of questions. Also sort of uncomfortable to go through because you feel like you're speaking with someone who's taking a survey, only this survey actually matters. Similar set of questions. Answer quickly.

Be honest

Interview Questions
    • Are you good over the phone?

How many hours do you work per week?

How do you keep yourself up to date in your work?

When have you helped change the spirit of an organization?

Do you ever challenge people more than you should?

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in December 2014.

After filling an online application there was an behavioural assessment test and after a week I got a mail to schedule a telephonic interview . Typically they might ask behavioural questions .

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in December 2014.

The lady was relatively nice, the Interview wasn't very personable at all. 50 questions that consist of yes/no questions and they may ask you to go in depth on your answer. I don't see how they can make decisions based off little information that doesn't ask in depth questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working where compensation is performance based?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup.

The interview process took about two months with numerous phone interviews, a skills assessment, and in-person interview. Definitely look at the list of questions that you can find on here for the first two interviews, which were all rapid fire questions. The interviews are a little unnerving and being prepared was helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to work alone? What do you think about when driving to/from work?   Answer Question