Gallup

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.2

Summer Consulting Interview

The first interview was actually an online assessment. The next two interviews were both 45 minutes long on the phone. The process was very tedious. Gallup takes you through a long process before every meeting you in person. I had two interviewers not call during their scheduled time.

Interview Questions
    • Very strange questions. They are looking for a very particular personality type. Most of the questions are behavioral.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

I applied online and took a personality test. Immediately I was notified that I was not a good fit for certain jobs but recommended to apply for other specific jobs that matched my personality test. Then I had two long phone interviews, about 30-45 minutes each. The questions had nothing to do with my work experience. Instead, the questions were rapid-fire and unexpected, such as "would you rather" and "on a scale of 1-5" but there was no room for explanation.

Survey Research Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in July 2014.

I applied online through a referral. One week later I got a call to make an appointment with them for a telephone interview. It was one week between the call and the interview. The telephone interview was about 45 minutes. You can ask the interviewer to repeat the questions , he will repeat exactly what the question is , instead of any explanation. They told me if I passed the first telephone interview , I would have a second telephone interview and then a personal interview, But 3 days later , I got an Email to say there is no position matching my strengths at the moment.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager, do you prefer a super good team member or two average team members. The super good team member can finish same amount work as the two average team members.   Answer Question

Organizational Talent Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Process began by completing online application and completing a Gallup Inventory - if you have taken StrengthsQuest or StrengthsFinder, you will be able to better interpret the questions. Following the successful completion of the inventory I received an email within 48 hours offering to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and the interviewer followed a series of scripted questions and was unable to elaborate on any of the questions that were posed. Each interview question is left up to the interpretation of the interviewee. The phone conversation wrapped up with a review of the "next steps" of the process - a possible second phone interview, followed by a possible on-campus interview. Of the 4 stages of their hiring process, I have only made it through stages 1 & 2 thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are left up to the interpretation of the individual answering the questions. I was asked questions along the vein of the following that I was not entirely prepared to answer.

What is your best time?
      What kind of compensation plan do you prefer?
      What is your biggest contribution? (which was asked after questions about community engagement and civic responsibility).

Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup.

I applied online and took a personality/behavioral test as the other reviewers have mentioned. I received an email stating that Gallup would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was as other reviewers have mentioned, consisting of personality/behavioral type questions. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in June 2014.

I scheduled a telephone screening interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I did receive the "life theme" interview questions which are basically straightforward - to the point it surprises you. It seems as though the interviewer expects you to answer it without hesitation. The answers are meant to be delivered in a simple and straightforward fashion - right off the bat. It tries to test how you think, how you perceive things, and evaluate your competence through your 5-second answers.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to put the company first?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup.

I applied online and had to take the personality/behavioral test like all other applicants. I advanced to the phone interview stage and was called by someone at their call center. The phone interview was very similar to the personality test that I had to take online, but more directed to how I would behave in a professional capacity or a work environment. Many were very open ended/vague. Nothing specific about the position I actually applied for was discussed, and I couldn't ask the interviewer to clarify any of the questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

I applied online, and like everyone else had to fill out the on-line assesment. Within a couple of days I got an email to call and schedule the telephone interview, but even before I had the chance to do that, someone from Gallup called me and scheduled it. The first interview lasted apprx 40 mins, and literally within 10 mins of finishing it I got a call to schedule a follow up phone interview. That one lasted over an hour. The questions in the first and second interview were very similar, and basically there were no surprises for me as most questions asked were what other reviews on glassdoor had already mentioned. After the 2nd phone interview there was radio silence for almost 3 weeks, until finally I received an automated email saying they won't pursue my candidacy further.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, the challenge was that they asked the same questions in many different ways, so after a while you felt like you were repeating yourself. For example: Tell me about a time you helped a customer... then, tell me about a time you added value to a customer... then tell me about a time you had success with a customer. etc. ..   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

I attended a business development workshop, then applied for a client development role in Chicago. I had two phone interviews but have not heard back from them yet. Both interviews were behavioral, pretty much like what all the others have said on this site. Very professional process.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Two Phone Interviews that lasted about half an hour each. Very robotic interviews. Everything is about the content of your responses and very little is based on your vocal inflection.