Gallup

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – A tougher than hell telephonic interview!

Interview Question – Well, its just a lot of behavioral questions all the way through. They'd be very extensive in questioning.   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

Interview Details – A pretend group interview where they tell you how great they are, if you can read a script your hired.

Interview Question – Personal questions an employer should not be asking to pretend they care about people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they tell you it's $14 an hour full time but leave out you start part time at $9.75 an hour and that you may not make those hourly rates if you are below quota, you may make as low as minimum wage in either position but by the time you know this it's in a paycheck and you may be stuck for a while because you need a job.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – First, you are asked to go to the company's website and answer several behavioral questions (strengths, teamwork, personalities, etc.). Then, during the phone interview, you are required to tell why do you provide such answers.

Interview Question – No technical question. The company does not seem to look for technical positions but just those who can work well overall.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Telephone Interviewer
Bellevue, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – If you pass their idiotic personality test you are pretty much hired as long as they don't think you sound foreign. I got a call a day after taking the test and was invited to a group interview. The "group interview" was actually a "final interview" and if you had a pulse they would hire you. They use pretty high pressure to get you to agree to work with them. It felt a lot more like a sales pitch for a timeshare than an interview.

Interview Question – They never asked any questions, they just asked you to read off a script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation at all. You are disposable to them.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Client Development Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Question – How would other people describe your work style?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.

Client Development Consultant-Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first phone interview was scheduled, I never received a call. I called 10 minutes after my scheduled time. I was told that the interviewer would be calling me soon. 30 minutes later, nothing. I called back & asked to re-schedule. I was able to re-schedule with another interviewer. The second time the call was on time and lasted about 35 minutes. We got disconnected & the interviewer called me back. I passed this round & will have a second phone interview and hopefully a face to face.

Interview Question – The questions were very similar to the online assessment.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – The initial interview was a series of personal opinion questions that are answered off the top of your head, probably designed to see if you are a good fit to the company. There were no technical questions. I was offered the second round interview immediately after the interview on the same phone call.

Interview Question – Should managers focus their attention on moderately achieving employees or outstanding ones?   Answer Question

Client Services Consultant Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in September 2013.

Interview Details – You must compile a list of questions from Glassdoor and prepare for the structured interviews. Don't lie about your personality, but know that they want confident, highly motivated, social individuals. Some things you should know:

- They prefer to focus on strength and talent development-- so if they ask something like "Would you prefer to have one high-performing individual or two medium performers who are team players?" Always pick the strong talent.

- They also ask a lot of questions about performance-based pay. You should believe in performance-based pay if you want to work there.

- They have a very flat organizational structure. For example, they call their managers "go-to's." So you'll need to favor this type of organization and be extremely entrepreneurial.

- I know someone who was not hired because he appeared to want to travel internationally for work and the job was domestic. They are all about "fit" there, so they thought he wouldn't be happy in a domestic job and didn't hire him. Make clear that you want the position you are applying for and that you want to be in that city (or you that you are OK with travel if that is what the position demands).

A few challenging questions--

Also they ask how much you expect to make from the very first interview, so make sure to research.

Interview Question – What does your ideal job look like? What industries do you want to work with? What does an ideal client engagement look like?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – I just had the phone interview; the lady was late by 5 minutes and I called the office to check by then she was calling me. And like everyone else said, it was very structured and the question is only repeated if asked to but not explained further.

I was told that if selected, they would inform me within 24-48 hrs and that the second telephone interview will follow after which an in person will be carried out.

I am not sure if the questions during the first telephone interview are the same for every position but the overall theme should be.

Here are some of the questions that I prepared from and some that they asked ME...the non-numbered ones are mine and towards the end.

1. How competitive are you, on a scale of 1 to 5.
2. Do you hate to lose
36. Can you paint visual pictures with words
37. Do you communicate clearly
38. Describe a time you communicated clearly
39. How do you communicate clearly
40. Have you ever changed your personal life to accommodate your professional life
41. Describe a time you changed your personal life to accommodate work
46. Describe a time when you managed others to accomplish a goal
47. Do you ever get angry
48. Do others know it when you're angry
49. Do you have a certain routine you live by
How do you measure your goals?
52. How important is it to you to be the best
67. Describe the pace you keep
68. Do you ever go out of your way to achieve something
69. Describe a time when you did so
Q what are your goals for 5-10 years ahead
Q Do people do things for you becuase they like you?
83. Are you responsible, 1 to 5?
95. What has been your biggest contribution
Are you over or under achiever
Would you work for a sales oriented organization?
Do you spend a lot more time working on something?
104. What do you prefer a commission or salary type job
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain
Do you advise people?

Interview Question – Can an employee be praised enough? Explain. No...I think the explanation varies.
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain
  Answer Question

Communication Specialist Interview

Communication Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Got an interview in less than a week after submitting my application. The interview was not a very good experience for the interviewee (me), though. It felt like a personality exam rather than an interview; they didn't ask a single thing about me, just about if I thought salary or performance pay is better, and if management should spend more time with high performers or low performers. I hung up after the call with no idea how the call went (even less so than other interviews), and within 48 hours got an email saying there wasn't a well-fitting position at the company for me.

Interview Question – No one question was particularly difficult; it was simply that most questions had, in my mind, "grey" answers, but were being asked as "black or white" questions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup