Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Interview

Telephone interview after submission of application/completion of talent assessment. Took about three days to hear back. Interview was scheduled for a week later. Heard back about 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in January 2015.

Interview

I found a position through LinkedIn. I applied online and in few days I got a call to set the interview date. They interview date was in two days at 8 in the morning. I got a call at 8:45 from interviewer who was a going to evaluate my talents. I applied for Software developer position and interviewer asked me psychology questions, there were total of 75 psychology questions. Questions were junk and irrelevant to my career, like are you honest? are you restless? Next day, I got an email saying I am not suitable for them. I don't what / how is their reasoning but the way interviewer was talking to me I felt like they already have found someone for that position and they are wasting my time. Nonetheless, Interview took an hour and I answered all the questions. I don't know how after an hour of asking junk questions they found out I am not suitable for them. I have a B.S. degree in computer science with GPA 4 from Wisconsin state university and by 1 hour of asking junk questions they found out I am not suitable for them !!! Waste of time.

Associate Anzllyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in January 2015.

Interview

completed application online. was given a phone call interview. was literally the worst interview I have ever had. a robot woman who sounded incredibly bored asked me a series of rapid-fire questions. she frequently cut me off mid-answering. It was not a conversation, and she was not interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• what form of compensation plan do you prefer, commission or flat rate? (there were like four or five questions about compensation). do you want to work at a company that deals in sales?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

I'm On my second phone interview--the questions on this site are on point. This is a company that looks for the best and you should believe you are the best. I'm still waiting and will update as I move along in the process. Study the questions, don't think so much in your response.

Interview Questions

• From your observation, there are high producers, management will spend time with the low producers and tell the rest to get on with their business.   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant (MBA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Online application. cleared the first online assessment to be called on for the second round which consisted of the phone interview. Pretty much the same as the ones mentioned here. I got couple of rating questions, couple of y/n questions which led to citing examples to prove the point. My interview lasted for about 20 min with 50 questions in total. I just got done with it. So I dont know if I cleared it or not.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very similar to the ones posted here.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Everyone knows from the other posts the way these interviews go so I will just try and put some questions on here that I did not see posted by other people. -What kind of work do you think you'd be doing at Gallup? -Are you research oriented? -Do you think your memory is better than most people? -What qualities do you think make up a bad manager? -A TON of questions asking if I'm good at math. Even asked me to literally to demonstrate a doing math in my head and I was expected to come up with an example myself. -Have you had a hard time making decisions (I think also a prior question on do I have trouble making decisions) and then example. -Do you think it's important to know what the population is thinking regarding things (obviously not exact wording but they were essentially referencing their gallup poll). If any more significant examples pop in my head that I did not see posted by others, I will try and write another post. So far I have only done the first two rounds and I am currently waiting to hear back if I got to the final round with HR.

Poll Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

sit in a meeting and they explain what the job consist of and in training room for 2 weeks ...pretty simple stuff. You sit and train on computer for two weeks then they put you on a few mock call before you go fully online

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I found the posting on Gallup's website and applied through there. Within a week I received an e-mail requesting that I call their scheduling desk to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. During the phone interview, it was explained to me that I would be asked a series of personality assessment type questions over the course of 45 minutes (the Q&A portion of my interview ended up clocking in at a little over 35 minutes). I was informed that I would not be able to ask the interviewer to clarify questions, though I could only ask her to repeat them. I was also told to keep my answers concise (at one point in the beginning of the interview I was reminded to keep my answers short). Also, the interview was recorded. Once this interview was over, I was told that I could expect to hear back within a week. At that point, I may be invited to partake in a second phone interview entailing another round of personality assessment type questions. If I made it past that round, there would be an in-person, traditional, more conversational interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• **To best prepare for your initial phone interview, please make sure to go through ALL these Glassdoor Gallup interview reviews - NOT just the Associate Analyst ones.** Given the sheer volume of Gallup reviews provided here, by "ALL" I mean all the jobs that are at the same level as or in the same vein as this position - Research Analyst, Consultant, Project Manager. All the questions that were asked of me, were found in these Glassdoor reviews. I would rate this interview as being easy to average PROVIDED that you prepare for it by reviewing the feedback provided in these reviews. Without any prep, it would be difficult. Although it will take some time to copy and paste all the questions provided in these reviews into a Word document, it is WELL worth the trouble. The interview is fast-paced. I wasn't rushed per se, but the interviewer definitely kept the interview moving and there was no time to contemplate answers. My phone interview questions included: • How do you like to be paid?/Should compensation be based on performance? (This type of question was asked 3-4 different ways throughout the interview.) • Are you a positive person? • Do you like working with cynical people? • Are you an overachiever? • Are you competitive? • What qualities do you like in an employer? • Do people regularly come to you for advice? • Are you service-oriented? • Should a manager focus on a higher performing employee or a low performing employee?/Would you one high-performing employee or two mediocre employees who together generate the same output as the high performing employee? (Questions along these lines were asked about 3 times throughout the interview.) • Are you the most caring person of the people that you associate with? • Do you associate with the others who have the same values as you? • Do you prefer 8-5 or more of a lifestyle (meaning work continues to roll in beyond those hours)? • Do you think chain of command is important? • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? • Are you more productive when under pressure? • What is a good time? • Are people willing to do things for you? • Would you work for a sales-based organization? • Is there such a thing as giving someone too much praise?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

If you pass the online assessment then you have two phone interviews. Both of the interviews are behavioral and focus on how you react in a situation they put you in. Have to be quick because it is like a rapid fire.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with failure? Are you willing to sell or recommend more products or services? How would you like to be paid? What motivates you? Do you like competition?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phil, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Phil, NV).

Interview

long phone interviews, rapid fire questions based on personality not behavioral based phone interviews lasted 30min-1 hour, they would not clarify questions. I went through 3 of these with different people, i think they had a third party ask the questions who was not very friendly. It's hard to prepare for and you should just respond honestly since they are hiring certain personalities and trying to ensure the right fit.

Interview Questions

• when is the last time someone has done something nice for you are you optimistic what do you think about when driving in the car   1 Answer