Gallup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – The initial interview was a series of personal opinion questions that are answered off the top of your head, probably designed to see if you are a good fit to the company. There were no technical questions. I was offered the second round interview immediately after the interview on the same phone call.

Interview Question – Should managers focus their attention on moderately achieving employees or outstanding ones?   Answer Question

Client Services Consultant Interview

Client Services Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in September 2013.

Interview Details – You must compile a list of questions from Glassdoor and prepare for the structured interviews. Don't lie about your personality, but know that they want confident, highly motivated, social individuals. Some things you should know:

- They prefer to focus on strength and talent development-- so if they ask something like "Would you prefer to have one high-performing individual or two medium performers who are team players?" Always pick the strong talent.

- They also ask a lot of questions about performance-based pay. You should believe in performance-based pay if you want to work there.

- They have a very flat organizational structure. For example, they call their managers "go-to's." So you'll need to favor this type of organization and be extremely entrepreneurial.

- I know someone who was not hired because he appeared to want to travel internationally for work and the job was domestic. They are all about "fit" there, so they thought he wouldn't be happy in a domestic job and didn't hire him. Make clear that you want the position you are applying for and that you want to be in that city (or you that you are OK with travel if that is what the position demands).

A few challenging questions--

Also they ask how much you expect to make from the very first interview, so make sure to research.

Interview Question – What does your ideal job look like? What industries do you want to work with? What does an ideal client engagement look like?   Answer Question

Communication Specialist Interview

Communication Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Got an interview in less than a week after submitting my application. The interview was not a very good experience for the interviewee (me), though. It felt like a personality exam rather than an interview; they didn't ask a single thing about me, just about if I thought salary or performance pay is better, and if management should spend more time with high performers or low performers. I hung up after the call with no idea how the call went (even less so than other interviews), and within 48 hours got an email saying there wasn't a well-fitting position at the company for me.

Interview Question – No one question was particularly difficult; it was simply that most questions had, in my mind, "grey" answers, but were being asked as "black or white" questions.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Multi stage process. First, answer online questionnaire. Then submit resume. If online survey answers sufficient. You will receive a note to schedule another pre screening interview. That is where I am in the process at the moment.

Interview Question – Should employees be compensated based on performance?   View Answer

Client Development Consultant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by the recruitment team and was scheduled for a telephone based structured interview. I had two of these telephone based interviews prior to interviewing onsight at the beautiful DC office. Very much enjoyed the process, as the interviewers asked thought provoking questions. I felt at ease through the process because Gallup values relationships and strives to make the recruitment process world-class.

Interview Question – None of the questions felt difficult as they were asked in a way that made the process seamless and conversational. After coming on board I had the opportunity to spend time with a Strengths coach to discuss my talents and strengths. Every company should onboard employees with coaching sessions as it is highly engaging.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Multi-stage In-depth Talent Interview

Interview Question – What statistic would you recommend for analyzing “Focus Group” results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Creative, but lacked honesty ... promised more than received.

Software Developer Position Interview

Software Developer Position

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Online screening round with behavioral questions.
Second Round - Telephonic Interview on behavourial questions

Interview Question – Similar behavioral question like in the first round   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online personality test followed by phone interview.

Interview Question – What accomplishment are you most proud of?   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Submitted my online application, including the long online assessment

2 Contacted in 1-2 business weeks to set up a phone interview (1st via email, then called 1x per day until I was able to call back and schedule. This took 1 email and 2 phone calls before I was able to call back and schedule)

3 Scheduler (I assume an admin of some type) offered me a more flexible Saturday interview time (wow! a Saturday time? so I didn't have to do it during my lunch break?)

4 Complete phone interview- she simply asked questions, repeated when necessary, and recorded my answers. From my research, I found that it was supposed to last anywhere from 30-45 mins- my interview finished in under 25 mins.

5 She the informed me that I'd be contacted either way in 5-7 days...which I currently am in

*next step (provided by interviewer) another phone interview, if passes, the face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – (not exact wording) Would you rather work with an excellent team who only generated 1 million USD or with a partner (who you hated) but could generate 2 million USD.

(this was the only question I had her repeat)
  View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Interview Question – What to you think of when you wake up in the morning?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup