Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Associate Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Application process begins with general employment questions and then the Gallup Talent Assessment. The assessment measures your talent and skills. Gallup takes this assessment VERY seriously. If you are not invited to the final interview, chances are your talent assessment results did not match Gallup's expectations.

If you are invited to the final interview, you have the job (assuming you pass a background check). The final interview is not really an interview, it was more of a sales pitch about the company. They review expectations, compensation, etc.

In conclusion, if you want to work at Gallup - take the Talent Assessment seriously. Once you receive a call from Gallup inviting you to a "final/group interview," you are pretty much hired. The next step is to complete a background check and training classes are scheduled.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. Compensation is standardized and will be explained in detail at your final interview and training classes.

Interview

Applied through their website. Submitted application and took a personality-based assessment. Received a call to set up a time to speak about my responses on the assessment within a couple of days. Spoke on the phone for about 30 min with an operator - scripted questions were almost exactly the same as the personality-based assessment questions. Rejection email 9 days after phone conversation.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

An online questionnaire of 100% personality-based questions followed by an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the same questions as the online questionnaire. "Are you competitive?" "How have you motivated someone in the last 24 hours?" "Do you believe you should be compensated based on performance?"

Interview Questions

• It seems like they have a very particular personality type that they are looking for and have no interest in a varied and diverse workplace so if you do not fully match their criteria in every way, then you don't get moved to the next stage. Be honest because I honestly have no idea what they're looking for. I got hired at Google, but not here. Go figure.   Answer Question

Social Science Researcher/Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

They briefed me on their interviewing processing and began firing away.

Some of their questions were:

Briefly tell me about your most recent position?

What did you enjoy the most in your work?

Please tell me about your career plans?

Do you continually push yourself to do more? More than other people?

Do you like scores-numbers that tell how people are doing?

What numbers do you think about everyday?

What type of reputation do you want to leave?

Do you prefer to work in a company where the people are close?

How responsible are you?

How do you feel about working with cynical or negative people?

What is a good time for you?

They cannot elaborate on any questions but can repeat them. They finished the session by telling me they would get in touch with me within a week, regardless of outcome, which they did.

Interview Questions

• They tend to come at you quickly so make sure you pay close attention to what you are being asked.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

It's been a few years. It was a lot of phone interviews and then one in person interview. Overall the process wasn't too challenging. I enjoyed it. There were a lot of tests that you had to take but there was no case study or anything like a lot of traditional consulting firms. Since Gallup, isn't a traditional firm, just be prepared to be shocked when you get in. Culture shock for sure.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions... read about them on glassdoor   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiation.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in September 2014.

Interview

Gallup's interview process is not much different than what one would encounter in other interviews. The main difference is the initial assessment has a wide range of questions. If you do well (matching company values) on the assessment, you will have a phone interview, and the phone interview is in-depth. My advice would be to keep your phone interview responses short and simple. I believe the reason for an in-depth phone interview would be to gauge applicants thought processes, but you have to remember an HR person is listening on the other end. If you read gallup's website concerning their interview process, you will read they recommend being on a landline during the phone interview, and i would encourage others to follow their advice. Gallup sounds like it offers meaningful challenges and encourages innovative thoughts from those without 10 years experience, so it could be a hidden gem for motivated individuals.

Interview Questions

• Are you more giving compared to others?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

An incredible amount of questions. Just constantly putting you on your feet, trying to understand how you might act under pressure. There are 3 rounds of rapid fire questions. 1 in person interview in the Washington DC office. Beautiful office environment.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do in the business world?   1 Answer

Research Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Like other reviewers have commented - had to complete a brief online questionnaire and attach resume. Also had to complete an online assessment (approx 40 minutes long). I was contacted by a scheduler to set up a 45 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very intense interviewing approach, answer with your gut...I don't think I've ever answered so many questions on an interview before. But I think that all of the questions were relevant to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Technical Project Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Thorough process that consisted of multiple interviews with no clear path ahead, very little about benefits - Awkward survey based interview process / no two way communication / Their robotic system was very impersonal and not user friendly. The job description was not detailed and at no time were there any indications of where I was in the process.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The interview were very long and it was exactly like what you saw here. Just go through all the questions that people upload. You will be fine. Just be honest. Don't lie, because if you do, later you will get a job that you might not fit and like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a psychological theory that you learned or like.   Answer Question