Gallup Interview Questions in Nebraska

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.1

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied- day 0; Invitation to proceed with phone interview- day 7; Phone interview- day 9; Non-selection email day 14. It was a very bizarre and uncomfortable experience. There is no personal interaction or soft take-off for the interview, you go straight into it. The interviewer acts as a human robot reading questions and cannot give any additional information or react to how you answer. I have a sneaking suspicion that they select candidates to interview as a means of gathering data. After we ended the call I had already made the decision that I did not want to pursue employment with this company; there is a complete lack of human connection. It was a mindfork- deliberately confusing and manipulatory.

Interview Questions

• <note> there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the interview stating that their interview questions are proprietary and they are not to be shared. That said.... What do you think about when you're driving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a time set up for a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview called promptly on time. I was a little thrown off that my caller ID showed the call was from Canada. The interviewer was pleasant but it was question and answer, not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe it is ever ok to lie? Would people who know you say that you are reliable? Do you like to arrive at work early? Why do you like to arrive at work early? How do you feel about unfinished work?   1 Answer

Corporate Strength Fitness Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Online assessment followed by an in-depth phone screen consisting of 90-100 questions over a 50 minute time period. Answered concisely within 30 seconds, yet comprehensively and thoroughly. Everyone should note this method does result in a large proportion of false positives (Type 1 error), so enter the process with the knowledge you may be rejected while being a perfect fit for the position and culture. I was made aware of one false positive when I interviewed for a staffing agency in town the next day and asked the President/Owner if he was conducting a Gallup interview, since every question and the format/structure were the same. He informed me that he worked at Gallup for 4 years previously, but his interview assessment was proprietary. Gallup's method of assessment and selection certainly didn't exclude the unscrupulous individuals lacking integrity in this instance. Be cognizant that they rely solely on this method for selection, and readily accept its inherent flaws, before engaging in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you try to get people to like you? Followed later by "Do you go out of your way to get people to like you?"   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

three phone call interview, lots of questions.. each interview took about an hour. Lots of personality questions. I felt that they wanted to see how well you answered questions about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if your interview passed their review, you'll get a call to do a quick phone interview. Then you'll likely get scheduled for a interview day in person. It is a group interview so it is super laid back, and they make you feel welcomed. After the group interview, you'll likely go to the training which takes about three days, which is once again done in groups and is super easy.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your "hot buttons"?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is a very super easy interview, just don't over think it. Everyone is laid back, nice and helpful. You should have no problem at all!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

There was an online assessment when I applied. After that I had 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview. The phone interviews were very regimented and quick fire questions. You could not ask them to elaborate on the question, all you could do is ask them to repeat the question

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer salary or performance based pay?   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I had scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was very to the point and did not supply any feedback. The interview was 50 questions and it was encouraged that I give my immediate answer. It took about an hour. I was given a decision within a week. unfortunately, I was not offered the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you persuasive? Talk about when you changed the culture of an organization. Do you keep your promises? How would you consult and client?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The phone interview and online assessment were all behavioral questions. pretty simple. They should be taken seriously though, this is a large part of your interview process for gallup video interview in 20 minutes!! They will ask you a lot of questions that seem the same. Keep stories prepared like for any interview. Examples of difficult situations you've overcome, working with a team etc. will be helpful!

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions that were redundant. How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Associate Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Application process begins with general employment questions and then the Gallup Talent Assessment. The assessment measures your talent and skills. Gallup takes this assessment VERY seriously. If you are not invited to the final interview, chances are your talent assessment results did not match Gallup's expectations. If you are invited to the final interview, you have the job (assuming you pass a background check). The final interview is not really an interview, it was more of a sales pitch about the company. They review expectations, compensation, etc. In conclusion, if you want to work at Gallup - take the Talent Assessment seriously. Once you receive a call from Gallup inviting you to a "final/group interview," you are pretty much hired. The next step is to complete a background check and training classes are scheduled.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. Compensation is standardized and will be explained in detail at your final interview and training classes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

After the online questionnaire, which was 40 minutes long, the initial interview was by phone, where they called me and asked a series of questions, which were hurried and not full. The next step was a group interview, where they hardly got to know us; instead it was a bunch of questions about, "this is Gallup and this is what you're getting yourself into, do you still want to do this?"

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Gallup besides your abilities on the phones?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations - it was take it or leave it.