Gallup

3.2

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gallup in May 2012.

Interview process mainly focus on behavioural and then after qualifying you will be facing technical round.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions on behavior which we do not expect that they will be asking like we need to answer about how to handle some situations which you never faced.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

The Gallup interview process is all about the right fit for an individual. They have specific criteria in mind for what they are looking for in people. Referrals do not go very far- its all about the unique skills that you have and how they fit into Gallup. The online assessment tells you if you will get an interview, and the two phone interviews are the most influential on whether or not you would be a good fit within the company. If the interview process is difficult for you, it just means that you most likely are not a good fit.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in November 2011.

The phone calls were very structured and specific; I could only answer questions or ask the interviewer to repeat the questions, and there could be no other communication between us. I was asked several questions that related to my personality. One that came up three times was about compensation or pay. If you are interviewed for a position here, just be honest and consistent across the board and if you fit there they'll contact you.

Interview Questions
    • Should employees be paid a salary or based on performance?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gallup in October 2011.

Behavior questions like a questionnaire. The interviewer just read questions and didn't explain any part of the questions. Worst interview experience I have gone through.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in August 2011.

They let you know that you are hired via e-mail basically. Then you come in,and go to orientation.

Nothing. Think about being on the phone the whole shift. Training is only 3 days,then you are on the phone.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in July 2011.

Applied for the position online which took about 2 hours because of the personality testing required. The next day I received a follow up email and phone call requesting scheduling a phone interview which was scheduled about 3 weeks out due to time zone difference and work restriction. The phone interview lasted a little over a half hour. The questions were very simple. You were not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions or clarification. You had to interpret the questions and answer as best you can. The responses were recorded and reviewed by a hiring manager. Some of the questions were very close ended and hard to elaborate on. They asked how I preferred to be paid about 5 times in 5 different ways. found that interesting in light of all the reviews given by employees leaving due to the recent change in their pay scales. The next day i received an email stating they didnt have an available role to take full advantage of my skills.

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

A pretend group interview where they tell you how great they are, if you can read a script your hired.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions an employer should not be asking to pretend they care about people.   View Answer
    None, they tell you it's $14 an hour full time but leave out you start part time at $9.75 an hour and that you may not make those hourly rates if you are below quota, you may make as low as minimum wage in either position but by the time you know this it's in a paycheck and you may be stuck for a while because you need a job.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

The interview itself consisted of similar questions that were asked during the initial application process. The questions were rapid to allow little time to reflect, similar to the questions asked during the application process. Gallup hires based off of the strength personality test and have several books on the subject which are helpful can be read. Do your research and be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be paid hourly, or based performance based?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

Gallup is a very interesting company and has a proven methodology of how to hire.
    To even begin to apply to a position one must first complete an thorough, online assessment.
    After completing this you can apply for any positions that you desire.
    Make sure you know your stuff and that you write good cover letters! Apply only for positions that you know that you may be capable of ascertaining.
    In your cover level, speak about your Gallup Top 5. This technique helped me get multiple interviews with Gallup. Furthermore, know the Gallup products like the back of your hand. You will need to know them because the interviews are very difficult, intense and rapid fire.
    For a consultation position, the interview is about 70 minutes long and 60 questions.
    The entire interview is taped and you are unable to ask any questions. The interview is given by a moderator and the interview is later reviewed by capable analysts.
    Questions range from: "On a scale from 1 to 5, are you more capable than others like yourself?" to "Okay, tell me more about that."
    Interestingly enough, I have been contacted twice for this position. The first time I was rejected. The second time I applied for a different position and Gallup contacted me about the consultation position again.
    The second time, the interview was much different.
    The second interview was much more of a "get-to-know-you" interview. The questions were more about who I was and what I enjoyed doing. That was about five days ago and I have yet to hear back.
    What I can tell you is do LOTS OF HOMEWORK OTHERWISE YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT INTO GALLUP!

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

I applied online and took a online talent assessment which focus on the personality and behavior questions.
    The next day I received an email which requested me to call them to set up a phone interview. Their line is quite busy, three days latter, I made an appointment.
     And the phone interview is still focus on personality questions ask about "credibility and honest", why choose a business company? Do you persuade other people into doing something they do not intend do?