I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.
Interview Details – I just had the phone interview; the lady was late by 5 minutes and I called the office to check by then she was calling me. And like everyone else said, it was very structured and the question is only repeated if asked to but not explained further.
I was told that if selected, they would inform me within 24-48 hrs and that the second telephone interview will follow after which an in person will be carried out.
I am not sure if the questions during the first telephone interview are the same for every position but the overall theme should be.
Here are some of the questions that I prepared from and some that they asked ME...the non-numbered ones are mine and towards the end.
1. How competitive are you, on a scale of 1 to 5.
2. Do you hate to lose
3. do you communicate well
4. Are you a quick thinker
5. Give an example of quick thinking
6. Are you usually seek out the leadership position
7. Describe a time when you seeked out the leadership position
8. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being highest, how competitive are you
9. Do you like to have many balls in the air
10. Describe a time when you had many balls in the air and how you handle them
11. How important is it for you to work for a well known, established company
12. Do you go the extra mile for a customer or work
13. Describe a time when you went the extra mile
14. Do you know what is right and wrong
15. Do you speak to people with candor
16. Describe a time when you spoke to someone with candor
17. Are you honest
18. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being highest, how honest are you
19. Do you consider yourself a person with common sense
20. Describe a person with common sense
21. Do you set goals for yourself
22. Do you have to have some kind of progress everyday
23. Describe some of the progress you search for every day
24. Are you disciplined
25. Do you think that discipline helps you to be efficient and why
26. Do you have problem solving skills
27. Give a recent example of when you used problem solving skills
28. Do you do what is right even when faced with opposition
29. Give an example of when you did what was right in the face of adversity
30. Are you dependable
31. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being highest, how dependable are you
32. Give an example of how you are dependable
33. Have you ever had someone champion your cause
34. Describe a time you had someone champion your cause
35. Do you communicate well
36. Can you paint visual pictures with words
37. Do you communicate clearly
38. Describe a time you communicated clearly
39. How do you communicate clearly
40. Have you ever changed your personal life to accommodate your professional life
41. Describe a time you changed your personal life to accommodate work
42. Do you always deliver in crunch time
43. Describe a time you delivered in crunch time
44. How do you know you've gained a client's loyalty
45. Do you often take the role of the team leader
46. Describe a time when you managed others to accomplish a goal
47. Do you ever get angry
48. Do others know it when you're angry
49. Do you have a certain routine you live by
How do you measure your goals?
52. How important is it to you to be the best
53. Do you think you accomplish more than others
54. Give an example of when you've accomplished more than others
58. How will this affect the business
59. How important is it for you to be the best
67. Describe the pace you keep
68. Do you ever go out of your way to achieve something
69. Describe a time when you did so
Q what are your goals for 5-10 years ahead
Q Do people do things for you becuase they like you?
83. Are you responsible, 1 to 5?
95. What has been your biggest contribution
Are you over or under achiever
Would you work for a sales oriented organization?
Do you spend a lot more time working on something?
104. What do you prefer a commission or salary type job
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain
Do you advise people?
Interview Question – Can an employee be praised enough? Explain. No...I think the explanation varies.
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain Answer Question
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.
Interview Details – The process was exactly like the other reviews I found on Glassdoor. The first interview was a 45 min phone screen. ~35 rapid questions. I googled the questions and found at least 10 ahead of time. The second interview was the same personality type questions, this time going more in-depth. Almost every other question the interviewer asked to give an example.
Interview Question – How do you believe employees should be paid. View Answer
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2012.
Interview Details – Job seekers are provided a foreshadowing to Gallup's business culture during the interview process. After completing the various forms you will be required to complete an on-line questionnaire to asses your personality, character, etc. Applicants must complete the assessment all at once as it is timed. If you have passed the on-line assessment Gallup will reach out to conduct another assessment via telephone. The phone assessment was a repeat of the on-line questionnaire lasting 30 to 60 minutes. The phone interviewer will ask the same questions every 15 minutes to ensure to validate your responses. Very annoying but they want to measure consistency. Also, the questions at times are vague and require clarification; however, the screener can only repeat the question without any clarification.
Very Easy Interview
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in September 2013.
Interview Details – Steps for interview:
1. Create your protfolio and submit a 30-45 minutes Gallup research survey depending on your speed.
2. Recruiting assistant will call you to set some time with Taent Analyst at Gallup.
3. Talent Analyst ask you almost the same questions as in the Gallup survey earlier along with examples this time.
Interview Question – Do I like to do Sales? Answer Question
Interviewed at Gallup
Interview Details – online form, telephonic interview
Interview Question – what type of compensation do you prefer: variable or fixed? Answer Question
Interviewed at Gallup
Interview Details – Online application followed by a phone interview. Moved on to the next round of phone interviews. Still in the process. Wish me luck!
Interview Question – do you consider yourself a caring person? Answer Question
The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in June 2011.
Interview Details – Submitted my application online where I also had to fill out a personality test. Received an email the next day asking me to participate in a phone interview. The interview was competency based and lasted for about 45 minutes. I was not able to ask any questions and had to answer based on my own interpretation of the questions. The second round phone interview was in the same format with more competency based questions.
Interview Question – What is your biggest achievement? Answer Question
I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in February 2011.
Interview Details – Not sure as yet, initial test must have identified several skills. Like all interviewer was very cold, at time I felt it was a computer voice generated . I am yet to find out more, I was advised I will do a next phone interview, and received an email to contact the interviewer, so I am waiting untill time is suitable to make the phone call.
I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup in September 2010.
Interview Details – first round is a psychmetric test and second round a telephone interview where they validate the test with examples
Interview Question – Are you a negative person, give an example of how you turned a negative situation into positive Answer Question
I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gallup in March 2009.
Interview Details – At the application moment I had to fill a personality test with a duration of 1 hour. After that I received an e-mail asking for my best time to participate in an in-depth telephone interview, which had a duration of 1 hour and I had to answer some structured questions related to my job expertise and personality.
Interview Question – What is the best HR theory in my opinion? View Answer
Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a recent interview experience or current/former employer. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –