Gallup

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

Interview Details – Unique interviewing process. After an initial screening I took a long, timed skills and personality test online. I passed that for a series of structured phone interviews. These were conducted by a third party who asked you targeted questions about your skills and experience, often multiple times in different ways. Similar to other structured interviews, you can only provide direct answers. Not possible to establish rapport with the interviewer. You can get a good sense based on their website and kinds of questions you get the answers they're looking for. My understanding is this is all recorded and you only get one shot. Questions they were asking suggested this was a more technical position than I had anticipated.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you were good at math, giving a specific example.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – I just had the phone interview; the lady was late by 5 minutes and I called the office to check by then she was calling me. And like everyone else said, it was very structured and the question is only repeated if asked to but not explained further.

I was told that if selected, they would inform me within 24-48 hrs and that the second telephone interview will follow after which an in person will be carried out.

I am not sure if the questions during the first telephone interview are the same for every position but the overall theme should be.

Here are some of the questions that I prepared from and some that they asked ME...the non-numbered ones are mine and towards the end.

1. How competitive are you, on a scale of 1 to 5.
2. Do you hate to lose
36. Can you paint visual pictures with words
37. Do you communicate clearly
38. Describe a time you communicated clearly
39. How do you communicate clearly
40. Have you ever changed your personal life to accommodate your professional life
41. Describe a time you changed your personal life to accommodate work
46. Describe a time when you managed others to accomplish a goal
47. Do you ever get angry
48. Do others know it when you're angry
49. Do you have a certain routine you live by
How do you measure your goals?
52. How important is it to you to be the best
67. Describe the pace you keep
68. Do you ever go out of your way to achieve something
69. Describe a time when you did so
Q what are your goals for 5-10 years ahead
Q Do people do things for you becuase they like you?
83. Are you responsible, 1 to 5?
95. What has been your biggest contribution
Are you over or under achiever
Would you work for a sales oriented organization?
Do you spend a lot more time working on something?
104. What do you prefer a commission or salary type job
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain
Do you advise people?

Interview Question – Can an employee be praised enough? Explain. No...I think the explanation varies.
Do you prefer lifestyle or 8 to 5 job, explain
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process was exactly like the other reviews I found on Glassdoor. The first interview was a 45 min phone screen. ~35 rapid questions. I googled the questions and found at least 10 ahead of time. The second interview was the same personality type questions, this time going more in-depth. Almost every other question the interviewer asked to give an example.

Interview Question – How do you believe employees should be paid.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2012.

Interview Details – Job seekers are provided a foreshadowing to Gallup's business culture during the interview process. After completing the various forms you will be required to complete an on-line questionnaire to asses your personality, character, etc. Applicants must complete the assessment all at once as it is timed. If you have passed the on-line assessment Gallup will reach out to conduct another assessment via telephone. The phone assessment was a repeat of the on-line questionnaire lasting 30 to 60 minutes. The phone interviewer will ask the same questions every 15 minutes to ensure to validate your responses. Very annoying but they want to measure consistency. Also, the questions at times are vague and require clarification; however, the screener can only repeat the question without any clarification.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in September 2013.

Interview Details – Steps for interview:

1. Create your protfolio and submit a 30-45 minutes Gallup research survey depending on your speed.
2. Recruiting assistant will call you to set some time with Taent Analyst at Gallup.
3. Talent Analyst ask you almost the same questions as in the Gallup survey earlier along with examples this time.

Interview Question – Do I like to do Sales?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – online form, telephonic interview

Interview Question – what type of compensation do you prefer: variable or fixed?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – Online application followed by a phone interview. Moved on to the next round of phone interviews. Still in the process. Wish me luck!

Interview Question – do you consider yourself a caring person?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in June 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online where I also had to fill out a personality test. Received an email the next day asking me to participate in a phone interview. The interview was competency based and lasted for about 45 minutes. I was not able to ask any questions and had to answer based on my own interpretation of the questions. The second round phone interview was in the same format with more competency based questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in February 2011.

Interview Details – Not sure as yet, initial test must have identified several skills. Like all interviewer was very cold, at time I felt it was a computer voice generated . I am yet to find out more, I was advised I will do a next phone interview, and received an email to contact the interviewer, so I am waiting untill time is suitable to make the phone call.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest responcibility   View Answer
  • questions about sales, reward and performance based etc.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gallup in September 2010.

Interview Details – first round is a psychmetric test and second round a telephone interview where they validate the test with examples

Interview Question – Are you a negative person, give an example of how you turned a negative situation into positive   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees and interview candidates.