Gallup

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Two Phone Interviews that lasted about half an hour each. Very robotic interviews. Everything is about the content of your responses and very little is based on your vocal inflection.

Interview Question – Are you an angry person?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially answered an ad for a related position through Monster.com, and took the online personality test. Received an e-mail advising that I wasn't suitable for that position but that I should apply for other positions. Applied for another position and was advised by e-mail to call for an interview. Interview was scheduled for two weeks later and lasted for about 50 minutes. Questions were behavioral based, e.g., When have you risen to a challenge? Describe your role and any outcomes. Received an e-mail one week later asking me to report for a personal interview and met with an employer who who held the same position I would have held who then asked a lot of questions that seemed directed at my ability to work in a team.

Interview Question – Tell me a time in your career that your experienced the most stress and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – submit application through the Gallup website. Then conduct 2 phone interviews from US consultants, and 1 face-to-face interview from the local office.

Interview Question – need to prepare for all statistical questions   Answer Question

Research Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gallup in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through a career webpage for this position. I was asked for a phone interview with the HR team in the UK. I went through two phone interviews; the first one asked general personality questions aimed at finding out whether I was fit for the company's culture, while the second was more specific and its aim was to find out whether I have skills necessary for the position (e.g. some questions asked me to specify what research methods I would employ in same short cases). In short, the phone interviews involved personality as well as situational questions. A few days after those interviews, I was invited for three f2f interviews. Those interviews were very typical, questions asked included: why Gallup? Why research? Questions on my educational background, such as my dissertation topic.

Interview Question – What do you know about behavioral economics?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked a series of personality questions like "Do you believe in a fixed waged or flexible wage system"? The test took me about 40 minutes. After which, i received an email saying that the initial personality test has motivated them to know me better. the next day, i received a called to arrange an phone interview.

Interview Question – Are you an easy-going person?   Answer Question

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!