Gallup Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

I applied online, and like everyone else had to fill out the on-line assesment. Within a couple of days I got an email to call and schedule the telephone interview, but even before I had the chance to do that, someone from Gallup called me and scheduled it. The first interview lasted apprx 40 mins, and literally within 10 mins of finishing it I got a call to schedule a follow up phone interview. That one lasted over an hour. The questions in the first and second interview were very similar, and basically there were no surprises for me as most questions asked were what other reviews on glassdoor had already mentioned. After the 2nd phone interview there was radio silence for almost 3 weeks, until finally I received an automated email saying they won't pursue my candidacy further.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, the challenge was that they asked the same questions in many different ways, so after a while you felt like you were repeating yourself. For example: Tell me about a time you helped a customer... then, tell me about a time you added value to a customer... then tell me about a time you had success with a customer. etc. ..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gallup.

filled in the online interview, was asked a lot of questions which some of them are similar. received email later saying to schedule a phone interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Very sterile initial interview process. Received an email that directed me to a 888 number. First phone interview I was told it was structured, no ability to ask questions, and would feel awkward. Interviewer was right. No information or selling of the role, simply take take take from the interviewer. Should be a two-way street from an engagement perspective.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. However, it was clear that they have a rigid formula for interviewing. Probably did not get the best interview out of me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in June 2012.

So far completed two structured phone interviews and the best advise I can give is to remember the questions you had completed online and work towards structuring answers and relevant experiences for those questions. The phone interview will consist of the same type of questions and after rounds of structured questions, you will be invited for a face to face interview. Upon the completion of the face to face interview, they will make a decision on your application within 3 working days.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all structured and possibly coded, as a result it is very difficult to assess how the interview is progressing   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gallup in November 2011.

After applying online and completing a 40 minute personality test I had about several phone interviews then 1 interview in person and a video conference with the hiring manager. The first interviews were recorded and executed by a survey-taker who knew very little about the job I was applying for. The questions were the same (or similar) to the online questionnaire. I had access to an internal recruiter for specific questions prior to each interview that were helpful but not completely revealing. Recruiters were great. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and warm. I was stunned not getting an offer. It was all positive until they told me why. I clearly did not understand the job I was being interviewed for and still don't really understand what they wanted me to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

The initial call is a 75 minute behavioral-based phone interview. Reading any of Gallup's Strengthsfinder books should serve as a guide to navigate this process. Come prepared with examples and don't be daunted by the robotic nature of the call and the lack of feedback. It's part of the process.

It took many weeks and several follow up phone calls on my part to move forward in the process. This certainly didn't bode well. It showed a lack of initiative on Gallup's part and a lack of respect for my time. But I pressed on.

The in-person interview will go down in my book as the most offensive interview I've ever experienced. Be prepared for the possibility of meeting with a senior leader who has the emotional intelligence of a rock. A little advice to Gallup: being blunt and rude to your candidates isn't "humane." It will leave them with an incredibly negative view of the organization overall. I previously had such a positive view of Gallup but through this hiring process they have completely alienated me. I'd never recommend them to anyone in my network.

For the record, this isn't simply another bad review from a bitter interviewee who didn't get the job. I've interviewed with professional organizations and have not been the right match--that's to be expected. What's not to be expected is incivility and insensitivity. I consider myself lucky to have witnessed the broken culture here without having to live it day to day on the job.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

I am still in the interview process for a Senior Consultant position. So far the process has consisted of: My application along with an online behavioral test, an initial phone interview (behavioral) and a second phone interview (behavioral).

The first phone interview was 45minutes in length and around 40 questions were asked. It was recorded. The interviewer explained the rules of the interview, and from then on I was only allowed to ask her to repeat the question. Interview questions were quite varied - "Are you a team player" "Have you led a team" "Give an example" "When do you expect a promotion" Who pays you" "How do you handle problem clients" "Would you rather be evaluated on your results or activities" "Why"

The second phone interview was an hour long and consisted of around 80 questions. It was a similar format to the first phone call.

Currently, I'm wating on the next steps - 5 to 10 days wait and if I make it through an HR person will call with more details about the job and after that a face to face interview with the hiring manager will be set up.

My advice is to prepare a bunch of behavioral questions as possible (Google them) and have clear examples for each question using the CAR approach (Challenge, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!