Gallup

1.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in April 2014.

After the online questionnaire, which was 40 minutes long, the initial interview was by phone, where they called me and asked a series of questions, which were hurried and not full. The next step was a group interview, where they hardly got to know us; instead it was a bunch of questions about, "this is Gallup and this is what you're getting yourself into, do you still want to do this?"

Interview Questions
  • What do you bring to Gallup besides your abilities on the phones?   Answer Question
There were no negotiations - it was take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

I put in an application online, and I received a call within a week. The call was made to invite me to a group interview where it was mentioned that they hire in groups of about ten people. The interviewer seemed to be trying to sell the company to us instead of the usual question/answer type of interview. We were asked to tell the group our name/hobbies/five year plan. I felt that as soon as we received the call for the interview, we had already been accepted into the company. The interviewer mentioned that they take the online personality test very seriously, and that once you pass that you're basically in. After the group interview, we each got to speak with the interview consultant separately wherein he asked if I had any questions. After answering them, he told me I'd be hired if I passed my background check. They called in less than 5 days and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer will ask you to read a short sample script in front of the other interviewees.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. The pay is $7.50/hour if you don't meet your quotas,$ 9.75 if you do meet your quotas, and higher if you go over the quota. Most employees make $11/hour according to the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

If you pass their idiotic personality test you are pretty much hired as long as they don't think you sound foreign. I got a call a day after taking the test and was invited to a group interview. The "group interview" was actually a "final interview" and if you had a pulse they would hire you. They use pretty high pressure to get you to agree to work with them. It felt a lot more like a sales pitch for a timeshare than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They never asked any questions, they just asked you to read off a script.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation at all. You are disposable to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Applied online and included my resume. Took 100+ question personality/strengths test. Got a call the next week. I was invited to a group interview where we were asked to read out loud and took a tour of the building. Overall a pleasant and easy expericence. Go Gallup!

Interview Questions
    • What was you greatest achievement? Something you are proud of?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available for this position. Pay for performance after training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in August 2011.

They let you know that you are hired via e-mail basically. Then you come in,and go to orientation.

Nothing. Think about being on the phone the whole shift. Training is only 3 days,then you are on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gallup in December 2009.

Initially upon filling out the online application I filled out an online assessment. Then there was a brief phone interview consisting of several questions regarding my previous experiences. Finally, I went in for a group interview where we filled out a questionaire about ourselves, read the answers to the group, read from a sample interview, and asked questions. Overall it was a pretty easy process.

Didn't like the hours.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

This was a very interesting process. I applied on Monday, took the personality test as part of the application and they called me that evening and left a message, I called back Tuesday and they asked if I received the job, could I start by next Monday at 20 hours a week or more. I said yes and they asked if I could go to the “Class” that was starting in a couple of hours. I quickly dressed and went in to find it was a final “group interview”. They asked each of us to give a few facts about ourselves, including why we were applying for the job. The correct answer seemed to be “For the money” because it is commission based and they had been trying to pump us up about that. I really don’t like commission based jobs, but oh well, the market is rough. They had us each read a couple of sentences from surveys, and that was about it. They called us each out to talk to us individually, and all they said is, “Okay, there’s nothing else. Do you have any questions?” I thought that I didn’t have the job, but a few hours later I received an email with the info for a background check. They had told us if you get that email, you have the job pending the results of the check.

Here is what left a bad impression with me: they advertised for both part time and full time. When you get there you see that you get paid WAY more for full time, but then they said, “We don’t have any full time positions left.” Being hired at part time means that you can work from 20 hours a week all the way up to 40 hours a week, but you will only be able to make the base pay for the 20 hour job… the old switch-a-rue.
    Another FYI, it seemed to me that anyone who is invited to the “Final Interview” or “Class” is hired. If you are hired and take the 2 weeks training, then they ask you to commit to at least 6 months. If you leave before that, you will not be allowed to apply to ANY job with Gallup, ever!

I am going to take my chances and start because there are so few jobs out there right now, but I am very leery of them after this initial experience.

Interview Questions
    • Which to you prefer, a salary based position or a commissioned based position?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process. It's take the part time or leave it.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in December 2010.

I received the phone called from Jennifer who is the recruiter of Gallup. they used STAR model as a interview model. She asked couple questions like” How did you overcome the difficulty at your previous job"
    I passed that, then I went to the group interview. there were more than 30 people in the room. We received 2 page interview questions. We have answered all of them. Then we have to read some articles in front everyone. Questions include some like “Why do you choose Gallup as your career choice? How long do you plan to stay within the company?”

My suggestions: Do some research about the company, prepare your interview with Star Model (Situation, Task, Action, Results)

Interview Questions
    • Why d you think you are qualified for this job?Please be sepcific   Answer Question