Gallup Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 6, 2015

3.2

Workplace Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

We had a questionnaire to complete, and then a phone interview took place. It was recorded with someone on the other end who was fairly abrupt. My interviewer was fairly awkward and didn't deviate from the formal canned questions, many of which did not pertain to my educator's background. The interviewee was supposed to answer fairly succinctly, unless the interviewer asked for elaboration.

Interview Questions

• How persuasive are you? On a scale of 1-5? How would you sell to a client over the phone? Have you ever made a tough phone call? Please elaborate.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

The lady was relatively nice, the Interview wasn't very personable at all. 50 questions that consist of yes/no questions and they may ask you to go in depth on your answer. I don't see how they can make decisions based off little information that doesn't ask in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working where compensation is performance based?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

An incredible amount of questions. Just constantly putting you on your feet, trying to understand how you might act under pressure. There are 3 rounds of rapid fire questions. 1 in person interview in the Washington DC office. Beautiful office environment.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do in the business world?   1 Answer

Social Science Researcher/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

They briefed me on their interviewing processing and began firing away. Some of their questions were: Briefly tell me about your most recent position? What did you enjoy the most in your work? Please tell me about your career plans? Do you continually push yourself to do more? More than other people? Do you like scores-numbers that tell how people are doing? What numbers do you think about everyday? What type of reputation do you want to leave? Do you prefer to work in a company where the people are close? How responsible are you? How do you feel about working with cynical or negative people? What is a good time for you? They cannot elaborate on any questions but can repeat them. They finished the session by telling me they would get in touch with me within a week, regardless of outcome, which they did.

Interview Questions

• They tend to come at you quickly so make sure you pay close attention to what you are being asked.   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and took a personality/behavioral test as the other reviewers have mentioned. I received an email stating that Gallup would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was as other reviewers have mentioned, consisting of personality/behavioral type questions. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is it important for you to be liked?   3 Answers

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I scheduled a telephone screening interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I did receive the "life theme" interview questions which are basically straightforward - to the point it surprises you. It seems as though the interviewer expects you to answer it without hesitation. The answers are meant to be delivered in a simple and straightforward fashion - right off the bat. It tries to test how you think, how you perceive things, and evaluate your competence through your 5-second answers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put the company first?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and had to take the personality/behavioral test like all other applicants. I advanced to the phone interview stage and was called by someone at their call center. The phone interview was very similar to the personality test that I had to take online, but more directed to how I would behave in a professional capacity or a work environment. Many were very open ended/vague. Nothing specific about the position I actually applied for was discussed, and I couldn't ask the interviewer to clarify any of the questions.

Media Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an email and follow-up call asking me to schedule an interview at a scheduling center. The phone interview was the next week and consisted of a series of pre-selected questions with no feedback or commentary from the interviewer, though the interviewer himself seemed nice. It lasted about an hour and the interviewer indicated that if I were selected for consideration, I would hear from an HR Manager within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Do other people find you intimidating?   1 Answer

Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC).

Interview

Application was online. Took personality testing. screening, which lasted about 40 minutes. It is a good screening tool for Gallup. This helps narrow the candidates. They probably have plenty of candidates and therefore, need to narrow it down. Gallop headquarters are in Washington, D.C. and they have offices worldwide. Therefore, there are lots of opportunities with Gallup.

Interview Questions

• Have to choose "best" answer when sometimes there are two possible answers.   1 Answer

Consultant - Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

Internet based assessment followed by phone interview. The interview consisted of a few dozen structured questions regarding attitudes, opinions, and basic character traits. Examples were requested to illustrate how I demonstrated a given characteristic (e.g., responsibility) .The interviewer does not provide clarification. Many questions are geared toward compensation and pay structure. My position was research based and I explained that a commission based structure would not be an effective pay method due to difficulty with quantifying or weighing how research outcomes would be measured leading to appropriate compensation. My guess is that they want you to say you are fine with a strictly commission based system regardless of whether it makes sense for you position. It was not very hard or stressful but I expected more and was disappointed not to have an opportunity to interview face to face. I think the process probably loses a lot a good candidates. Also, think about the fact that these interviewers sit on the phone all day and repeat the same questions over and over with no real interaction (scripted, structured). They must hate it.