Gambit Technologies

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by one of their recruiters (Jacob) who was very knowledgeable about the role that I was applying for and too my surprise very technical.

Subsequent to that conversation my resume was submitted for the role we had discussed. Within 3 days I had my first telephone interview and a week after that flown in by the company for a full day of interviews.

The whole process went better then I could have every imagined. Prior to the interview I spoke to Jacob and his team for some basic insight on what to expect during the interview. Soon after the interview I received an offer.

The negotiations went extremely smooth since I was relocating from the west coast. These guys handled everything from negotiating an awesome salary and a buyout of my option, plus a very attractive relo package. I was very impressed of how the whole process played out and I am loving the east coast (except for this recent polar vortex ugh)

Interview Question – Hard code technical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – See above

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied online - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a telephone interview just half hour after I submitted the application. The recruiter was nice and patient, he asked about my personal experience based on my resume and additional small quiz. 1. What is the difference between hashtable and hashmap? Are they synchronized? 2. Given a unsorted array of integers that values from 0 to N, with one number missing, now find out what number it is as fast as possible.

Interview Question – I misunderstood the meaning of "finding what the number is" to "find where the number is"   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Bridgewater Hedge Fund Interview

Bridgewater Hedge Fund
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in October 2011.

Interview Details – I’m just extremely disappointed with Gambit Technologies recruitment tactics. I took over 2 days of non paid work days to attend to this whole process. never called me back! SCAM beware

Interview Question – how do you move a windows profile   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

HF Research Role In CT Interview

HF Research Role In CT
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – This place is a joke.

I have received several calls from them in the past couple years. The recruiters (like most) capture your interest with a good job opening.

From the initial conversation on, everything is unprofessional. Recruiter missed two scheduled calls and returned my call hours later in the afternoon while I was back at work. They call you and when you follow up as they instruct, they do not return your calls. Recruiter doesn't listen when you talk and then asks repetitive questions.

Dont waste your time with them.

Interview Question – What is the least amount of ways to determine which marble out of 8 is the lightest using a balance scale?   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – Short phone screening with a brain teaser and some technical questions.
Gambit technology focuses on financial firm development jobs.

Interview Questions

• You have 10 bags that weighs the same except for one that weighs less. With a scale, what's the shortest number of tries to find the bag that weighs less?   View Answers (2)
  • What is a difference b/w a semaphore and a mutex?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gambit Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – I got an email from an IT recruiter at Gambit after posting my resume online. I returned an email, expressing interests in connecting with him, but received no response. A week or two later, I updated my resume and received an email from the same recruiter again. I called this time to connect, and after a short conversation about what I am looking for, and how was my GPA and GMAT score, the recruiter said that he has difficulty to find a fit for the positions he has. Suddenly, he jumped to ask an interview question.

Interview Question – You have a scale and 8 marbles. One of the marbles is lighter than the other. How many times do you have to scale to find the lighter marble?   View Answer

Worked for Gambit Technologies? Contribute to the Community!