GameStop

2.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GameStop in September 2014.

First interview with store manager. Went off a small workbook with multiple follow up questions. I often answered a large portion of the follow ups with my initial answer. Mostly about management experience, but in my case, having none, used times that I took an authoritative role. Mostly a common retail interview with a lot of supervisor questions. He wrote a lot and said I gave good answers.
Second interview was supposed to be a phone interview with another manager from the same area. Ended up as an in person interview because I worked I the same building as that Gamestop, so it was much easier to meet in person. In this interview, he ran out of questions because I answered then so fully again. Asked if I didn't get the AM if he could hire me to work 10 hours a week on my days off for my current job.

Didn't get the job, but he said I was a top contender.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when an employee didn't do what you had asked them to, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in July 2014.

Applied online for a different position than the one I was highered for in early July, received initial call back 2 weeks later for over the phone interview and face to face scheduling aprox a week later. Brought paper copy of Resume on interview day, dressed in shirt, tie and slacks. Interviewer was upfront and said I was over qualified for the position, but wanted to place me into a a different position. Questions were straightforward for a retail position: customer service, employee relations, theft etc. At the end of the interview I was told I was being considered for a different position and I would receive a call back. 1 hr later I received a call back and did the second interview the same afternoon. I walked in and was told that I had the job if I wanted it. Very straightforward and honest very good interview process.

Interview Questions
    Were up front about minimum they could offer me, but indicated potential higher wage. Actual Negotiation occurs between Division Manager and HR. The more qualified you are the higher wage you will get.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

First interview with store manager, second with metro training store manager, third with district manager.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were what you'd expect in a retail based interview.   Answer Question
    Got a fair offer based on previous experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

I had walked in and simply asked if they were hiring. I was just lucky enough to be taken in because I had helped a customer pick out a game as well as make sure it could run on their pc. After turning in my application, I was called in a few days later and then became an associate.

Interview Questions
    They told me how much they would bring me on for and I accepted. There was no negotiations because they have set wages for all the employees unless they're salaried managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Interviewed with the manager first, then interviewed with th district manager. a lot of questions on experience and how to handle customer service issue.

Interview Questions
    not really any negotiations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Pretty basic interview process. Ask about games, why to work there, etc.

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop.

Typical one on one interview process. I interviewed with the district manager, and the process lasted for about an hour. I don't think it was challenging.

Interview Questions
    • what are some current threats to gamestop and how do you intend to contribute towards its success?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

we look at your application and we check for the best availability, then we check sales experience, we then go over it with other teams of management, we call the best qualified. we then set of group interviews to see whose not shy and to see whose outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • how would you sale me a power up card and reservation.   View Answer
    know your worth and that will get you along way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in November 2012.

I was promoted from within, and given no actual interview. I was told one day I was going to be an Assistant, and then the pay raise and hour raise happened.

Interview Questions
    • From interviews I've conducted it's the "What game knowledge do you have" question that trips people up.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in October 2011.

Went to the store and was told to wait a couple minutes before being brought into the back room to be interviewed by two men. One was manager and they went back and forth asking me general interview questions as well as specific video game questions. Pretty easy interview, straight forward. Took about 20-25 minutes however they never called me after the interview.