GameStop

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for a different position than the one I was highered for in early July, received initial call back 2 weeks later for over the phone interview and face to face scheduling aprox a week later. Brought paper copy of Resume on interview day, dressed in shirt, tie and slacks. Interviewer was upfront and said I was over qualified for the position, but wanted to place me into a a different position. Questions were straightforward for a retail position: customer service, employee relations, theft etc. At the end of the interview I was told I was being considered for a different position and I would receive a call back. 1 hr later I received a call back and did the second interview the same afternoon. I walked in and was told that I had the job if I wanted it. Very straightforward and honest very good interview process.

Interview Question – What was your favorite subject in school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Were up front about minimum they could offer me, but indicated potential higher wage. Actual Negotiation occurs between Division Manager and HR. The more qualified you are the higher wage you will get.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – First interview with store manager, second with metro training store manager, third with district manager.

Interview Question – None. All questions were what you'd expect in a retail based interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a fair offer based on previous experience.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in January 2010.

Interview Details – My hiring at GameStop was not normal. I went into a store for a job and basically would not take no for an answer. I went in and gave my resume. I watched how they worked and showed my skills helping guest in store that they could not.

Interview Question – I always hate and have a hard time when they ask for your greatest strengthen and weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GameStop in March 2009.

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview a few days after submitting a physical application. I arrived to the interview in jeans, my house had actually been robbed the day before and I had nothing business in the pants area, the assistant manager, who interview me, was very forgiving though the store manager was pretty insistent that it was inappropriate. We sat down in the mall food court (it was a mall store) and we went through a round of the classics: a combination of situations and "describe a moment when..." questions. There were a few personal questions at the end, and I was able to describe my knowledge of the product. I was given an offer via telephone later in the day.

Interview Question – "Describe how you would sell me ____."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got into the store via a very entry-level sales position. Negotiation was non-existent.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – I had walked in and simply asked if they were hiring. I was just lucky enough to be taken in because I had helped a customer pick out a game as well as make sure it could run on their pc. After turning in my application, I was called in a few days later and then became an associate.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me how much they would bring me on for and I accepted. There was no negotiations because they have set wages for all the employees unless they're salaried managers.

Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the manager first, then interviewed with th district manager. a lot of questions on experience and how to handle customer service issue.

Interview Question – your biggest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not really any negotiations.

Interviewed at GameStop

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview process. Ask about games, why to work there, etc.

Interview Question – Sell the person something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Keyser, WV

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. Interviewed with another seasoned manager. Easy questions and situational questions

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknessed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my rate of pay.

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within, and given no actual interview. I was told one day I was going to be an Assistant, and then the pay raise and hour raise happened.

Interview Question – From interviews I've conducted it's the "What game knowledge do you have" question that trips people up.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – Typical one on one interview process. I interviewed with the district manager, and the process lasted for about an hour. I don't think it was challenging.

Interview Question – what are some current threats to gamestop and how do you intend to contribute towards its success?   Answer Question

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!