GameStop

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Only had the phone interview with a current store manager so far, but she was great. Enthusuastic, personable, friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in me. Indicated she was forwarding my resume to her District Manager to set up a 1:1 interview.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, GA

interviewed at GameStop in October 2014.

Had a series of 3 interviews back to back at a j0b fair, went great! waiting to hear a call back. I was using many of my personal stories struggling in past jobs as an assistant manager, and shows how i dealt with tough situations,

Assistant Store Manager Interview

You are interviewed by the store manager first and then district manager. If you are lucky, you get an interview with the district manager depending if they are a good one. The hiring process is fairly easy and traditional sometimes, starting with a phone call to come in for the face to face. This is for management positions only, for partime game advisors theres a group interview sometimes.

Interview Questions
    • there is no real structured questions sometimes. It varies from manager to manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Spring, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GameStop.

During certain times of the year, mainly holiday, or in the event of someone leaving the company for X,Y,Z reason are the best times to try to get hired at your local Gamestop. Interviews are usually 20-60 mins depending on the management who's doing the interviews. I was able to be referred via taking a college course with the manager of my local Gamestop and through social networking landed an interview within a week of putting in my application.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready for anything as this depends very much so on the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    I was hired on as a Game Advisor. Negotiation phase was more of a large exhange of information as far as the typical on-boarding process. You're basically informed of your expected amount of hours to recieve, or simply shown the schedules, and your payrate. Overall standard stuff.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

For management, expect at least 2 interviews with local managers and 1 with district management. The interviews will focus mainly on sales and customer service. I recommend stressing the importance of customer service.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find the interview process difficult, just long. It was pretty laid-back. The district manager interview was a little intimidating, but it was over the phone, so that helped.   Answer Question
    Considering I had a lot of retail management experience, they negotiated a $2 higher pay rate than they normally offer (which is around $9.00 hr,), which was pleasing, but still kind of low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

In person interview with either the Senior Game Advisor or Assistant Store Manager followed by an interview with the Store Manager. If you make it past him or her, they will sometimes bring you in to have you meet with the District Manager. Sometimes they'll ask you to sell them on a game you don't like to test your sales ability, but only if you have a lack of experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite game? Can you sell me a copy of it?   Answer Question
    None. Pay is based on experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Initially applied for position through the GameStop website.
    An area store manager called me the next day for an official interview. I went into the local store and the interview took place in the stock room. They asked me about my previous work experience, why this qualified me to be a leader, my education history, my gaming experience and then my favorite and least favorite game. This store manager okay-ed me and scheduled an interview with the district manager. I met with the district manager 3 days later. The interview was essentially the same except the district manager had me pick my 3 least favorite games and then sell them to him. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe you 3 least favorite video games of all time. Now sell them to me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour and said they couldn't go any higher.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The interview process is based on if you know someone or if your applying for a seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop in February 2013.

As long as you've had experience managing: people, product, and equipment as such you should do fine to expound on your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Gaming Knowledge (had to learn what was hot in the market).   Answer Question
    Same as any other job opportunity you've been presented with before; nothing outside the norm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GameStop in June 2012.

they ask what you have to offer t the store if you are brought on, and also what have been some good passed experiances and some bad eperiances with customers that you have had

we were talking about pay and i had just relocated from visalia to bakersfield for the ASM role and also bilingual in a high hispanic area so 12.00 would be my offer.