GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Rochester, NY).

Interview

In person interview with either the Senior Game Advisor or Assistant Store Manager followed by an interview with the Store Manager. If you make it past him or her, they will sometimes bring you in to have you meet with the District Manager. Sometimes they'll ask you to sell them on a game you don't like to test your sales ability, but only if you have a lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite game? Can you sell me a copy of it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Pay is based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Initially applied for position through the GameStop website. An area store manager called me the next day for an official interview. I went into the local store and the interview took place in the stock room. They asked me about my previous work experience, why this qualified me to be a leader, my education history, my gaming experience and then my favorite and least favorite game. This store manager okay-ed me and scheduled an interview with the district manager. I met with the district manager 3 days later. The interview was essentially the same except the district manager had me pick my 3 least favorite games and then sell them to him. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe you 3 least favorite video games of all time. Now sell them to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour and said they couldn't go any higher.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is based on if you know someone or if your applying for a seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (New Orleans, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was more personal then business....we talk about likes and dislikes. Circle of life, current games or systems i owned, how vast my gaming knowledge was.Our last encounter with each other (I knew the manager, talked about different scenarios and ways to approach them or correct a situation as per interview questions.I was introduced to the staff and we talked about salary. Other then that the interview was very simple, even with my background it seems as though it was very easy in and out process regardless.

Interview Questions

• If you see me take money but put it back the next day because I needed it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

As long as you've had experience managing: people, product, and equipment as such you should do fine to expound on your experience.

Interview Questions

• Gaming Knowledge (had to learn what was hot in the market).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Same as any other job opportunity you've been presented with before; nothing outside the norm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GameStop (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

they ask what you have to offer t the store if you are brought on, and also what have been some good passed experiances and some bad eperiances with customers that you have had

Negotiation

we were talking about pay and i had just relocated from visalia to bakersfield for the ASM role and also bilingual in a high hispanic area so 12.00 would be my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was about 45 minutes with a district manager. Talked about previous experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Easy interview. Company is pretty cool after all and fun. You get lots of freebies. Just be confident and really want the job and you will get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Morehead City, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

I was promoted internally. I did have to have a face to face interview with the district manager. After the interview, I was promoted the following week. I was in charge of hiring as an assistant manager, and I can tell you that if you plan on applying for a management position, you have to have a resume in addition to the store application.

Interview Questions

• If you catch one of the employees stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by the store manager of GameStop several months before interviewing with the company because of prior retail management and sales experience with footlocker. I was told of the responsibilities and

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Gainesville, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Sit down with District Manager with general interview questions. Review qualifications/previous employment and answer questions at mall food court. Then interviewed with store manager to discuss day to day operations and ability to perform duties as required. Complete drug screening and background check after final interview. Position started immediately.