GameStop Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 4, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. I initially called and asked if they were hiring for the holiday season. The Assistant Manager told me they were and I should submit my application. So being persistent, I submitted both my resume along with my application the next day. The Store Manager said he would give me a call back in a week to set up an interview. 2 weeks later, after his week long vacation and inability to follow up, never called me back so I went up to the store to see what the deal was. I had to wait an hour just to talk to him and I found out they lost my application and I had to fill out another one (ugh). I did so and he told me to come in the next week for an interview. So the 3rd week, I came in 15 minutes earlier and the Store Manager told me he forgot about my interview. So I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and gave up on them immediately afterwards because of their incompetence and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience? What does customer service mean to you? If you don't get a call next week then you didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Buford, GA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and didn't hear back from the district manager for almost 2 months. I kept emailing the DM to any information about how my interview went. Afterwards I was told the delay in contacting me was due to the manager conference.

Interview Questions

• Not really any surprising questions just try to be as specific as possible about prior business experience and selling skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop (Cartersville, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply and when you go in to talk to the manager, don't be shy, be upfront and confident. The interviews are usually two-parters, the first to determine your character, the second to determine what you know about video games.

Interview Questions

• "Who is your favorite developer?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, the company is tightly wound and falls into chaos when things don't run exactly right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Newnan, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Was taken into the back of the store by the manager and asked a series of personality questions and a couple of easy skill questions. Got the job in the store same day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite transformer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

The store was just finishing up to be opened they had a hiring sign so me and roommate walked in the next day with our resume and completed application and dropped it off. We immediately got a call back within the next hour for both of us to come in a interview with the store manager and district manager..both asked about our school and if we could balance out work and school..then it shifted to a more relaxed interview as the district manager was from Detroit and so was my roommate and i had a good conversation with the store manager and then they hired both of us that day

Interview Questions

• It really wasnt any serious questions alot if the interview they were gauging are interpersonal skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its retail we had no choice on salary..i only asked that they respect my class schedule and they were fine with it.

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop (Morrow, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard about a Job fair these guys were having, and so I made it a point to go. My friend came with me and we planned all week for it; Got our suits drycleaned, bought new clothes, the whole nine. They were having interviews on the spot, and I figured my best chance would be to stand out from the crowd. We got there about 30 minutes early, before the rush of hopefuls, and at that time, only a few people were there. Me and my friend walked to the nearest available table to the store and sat, and waited. The managers and associates who came in seemed pretty personable and charismatic. After 9, the interviews began, and I followed an associate named Chris to the table.

He asked me a few straightforward, basic questions just to get an idea of who I was, and I enjoyed that. The interview was relatively short, as interviews go, but it felt satisfying due to the nature of the queries that were asked. They weren't hard, and there were no trick questions. I came away from the interview in a very positive mood.

From prepping to the event itself, I'd say this was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What was the most positive experience you had on your last job? What was the most negative?   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Powder Springs, Cobb, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview overall went relatively well. They basically just want to make sure you know how to SELL video games, not just play them. The manager was a pretty nice guy, everyone was really east to get along with. Overall it was a good experience.