GameStop

Relevance Date Difficulty

Game Advisor Interview

Game Advisor
Cartersville, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apply and when you go in to talk to the manager, don't be shy, be upfront and confident. The interviews are usually two-parters, the first to determine your character, the second to determine what you know about video games.

Interview Question – "Who is your favorite developer?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation, the company is tightly wound and falls into chaos when things don't run exactly right.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Buford, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – I went in for an interview and didn't hear back from the district manager for almost 2 months. I kept emailing the DM to any information about how my interview went. Afterwards I was told the delay in contacting me was due to the manager conference.

Interview Question – Not really any surprising questions just try to be as specific as possible about prior business experience and selling skills.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Game Advisor Interview

Game Advisor
Morrow, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in October 2010.

Interview Details – I heard about a Job fair these guys were having, and so I made it a point to go. My friend came with me and we planned all week for it; Got our suits drycleaned, bought new clothes, the whole nine. They were having interviews on the spot, and I figured my best chance would be to stand out from the crowd. We got there about 30 minutes early, before the rush of hopefuls, and at that time, only a few people were there. Me and my friend walked to the nearest available table to the store and sat, and waited. The managers and associates who came in seemed pretty personable and charismatic. After 9, the interviews began, and I followed an associate named Chris to the table.

He asked me a few straightforward, basic questions just to get an idea of who I was, and I enjoyed that. The interview was relatively short, as interviews go, but it felt satisfying due to the nature of the queries that were asked. They weren't hard, and there were no trick questions. I came away from the interview in a very positive mood.

From prepping to the event itself, I'd say this was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What was the most positive experience you had on your last job? What was the most negative?   Answer Question
  • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at GameStop in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview overall went relatively well. They basically just want to make sure you know how to SELL video games, not just play them. The manager was a pretty nice guy, everyone was really east to get along with. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – How would you sell Assassins Creed?   Answer Question

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!