GameStop Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 25, 2015

2.1

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Bensenville, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I had 2 very good interviews and it looks like a great place to work for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by the store manager of GameStop several months before interviewing with the company because of prior retail management and sales experience with footlocker. I was told of the responsibilities and

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I attended a job fair for GameStop where on-the-spot interviews were conducted. There were many applicants, so the area's existing store managers were conducting the interviews. Although having multiple interviewers made me skeptical as to the selection process, the interview was actually very good and I felt very comfortable. One thing they press you on is how GameStop's services, such as their membership program and game reservation, help their customers. I expected as much, as the company is extremely customer service oriented. Reservations dictate how many copies of a game each store orders, so that customers are guaranteed the product, and rewards and pre-order bonuses give customers reason to keep buying from GameStop. Highlight any experience with customer service, management, and inventory and if they like your smile, you're in. Don't forget to ask them when you can expect to hear something back - it has only been two weeks since my interview but I already took another job, not knowing what to expect from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with an unhappy customer you made positive.   Answer Question
    • How do reservations and memberships help our company, and our customers?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Highland, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

There were two separate interviews. Both were the same questions. The interviews began very simply as a personality assessment. They asked strength and weaknesses. I was then asked what games I was excited that were coming out and why. The last portion of the interview I was asked to sell the interviewer their pen. I was notified within a week or so after the second interview that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I came across was selling the pen. It gets you to think on your feet and try to think outside the box.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Detailed and long process that truly focuses on the right candidate that has leadership as a focus. Development of all levels and the ability to source, recruit and train is essential. Couching and accountability skills with a proven record of success

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult associate interaction. What was the outcome and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Aurora, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Internal interview for promotion. The interview process varies entirely by district manager. This DM asked very generic questions which she pulled from an online interview guide, despite the fact that both of us were long-time employees of GameStop, and we could have discussed company-specific topics. I interviewed one time, and spent the next two weeks hearing through the grapevine that I was chosen, but did not hear from the DM. When she finally called me to tell me I'd been selected, I was also told I'd be starting at my new location in two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle this?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an employee who does not seem interested in his/her job description?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation at GameStop. You are told what you will be earning, and if you decline then so be it. Location is also not negotiable, as you are always interviewing for a specific location; if you are not interested in a store thirty miles from home, you should not accept the interview.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

This was really easy. Was quick and painless. Hardly any tough questions, they have their minds set on you if you got the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this game?   1 Answer

interview practice