GameStop Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop.

Interviewed two different times, once with the district manager and then with a store manager

Very easy

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in September 2012.

Found via recruiter. Had a phone tech screen followed up by a face-to-face and the position was a direct hire, not contract-to-hire

Interview Questions
    • over a year ago so don't remember much, just that it was with the director and manager of data management along with people from the group i was to work with closely. Most of the questions seemed to focus on ability to troubleshoot dynamic sql and interpersonal relationship building.   Answer Question
    It was short, just make sure you get what you want upfront. Like many other places, the raises are not great nor are they genuinely based on performance. Apparently it used to be that way but the long term people here have indicated that stopped about 2 years ago.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at GameStop in April 2009.

great entrepreneurial culture , very focused on gaming
    hard work, but customers love their stores

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GameStop in August 2009.

Turned in paper application in store and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. I arrived at the store for the interview and there were 3 other candidates there to be interviewed as well. We were taken to the back for one on one interviews with the store manager. Was asked about general game knowledge including the type of games I'm familiar with as well as the systems I've used. Was also asked why I wanted to work there and where I saw myself in 5 years.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GameStop in August 2009.

I was contacted by a staff agency while in California, and they arranged first a phone interview then a face to face interview on video conference with hiring manager and a couple of team members. Went through some tecnical questions and my background as a tester. We also discussed overall personaly threats and some relocation issues since the job was in Grapevine, Texas.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular, just average questions about tools and experience   Answer Question
    They accepted my rate requirements and also provided some help for relocation (money advance)

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GameStop in October 2008.

I've interviewed with 3 or 4 different Gamestops throughout my career with them, across multiple cities and states. The process is generally the same, and always quite painless. Very standard hiring process - submit application, callbacks, and 1-2 interviews. They try to get people who are interested in their industry if possible.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in March 2009.

Can you show up to an interview, seem competent and have a somewhat grasp on the English language? You're hired

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected. Standard cookie cutter questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Accept the poor pay or find another job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GameStop in January 2011.

The entire process consisted of 3 phone calls and one personal interview. The first interview focused on my experience and expertise in the area. The following calls had many software related problems, apparently many candidates where unable to solve basic programming questions. The last interview was much more technical and consisted on explaining how to solve several problems that the company had at the time. Also some general computer science concepts and basic problems were thrown in between keeping me on my toes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what is a web service, advantages of using ws, if I have debugged one and to explain how I could find errors in a existing one.   Answer Question
    The salary was known before hand, so little negotiation room.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GameStop in April 2008.

The hiring and interview process is pretty straight forward. The company prefers to identify candidates through their career portal on Gamestop.com

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a specific question, but the interview itself is very technical. You will be asked questions by 2-4 members of the IT team.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were handled by HR. It was pretty straight forward with very little surprises.

Senior User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in August 2012.

Met with manager for truly wonderful interview. Very informative. Sounds like a wonderful team who is planning big things. Great benefits and work environment. Unfortunately, not much opportunity or emphasis on work-life balance. Location too far from me for reasonable commute and no opportunity to work from home or flex schedule. Fabulous manager and team, though! Would definitely consider if closer to my home.

Interview Questions

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!