GameStop

Updated Mar 4, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in March 2015.

It took about an hour. The SM was very pleasant and friendly. My interview took place at a restaurant next door. It was somewhat laid back. Not too formal. He asked questions but I felt free to elaborate about things.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Games Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop.

I applied in-store. When asking for the application the Manager gave me a short interview. She asked me questions like, "What's your favorite game?, How can you sell this game if i were a mom?, and Can you tell me about this game and what it is about?"
    The hiring process took a day and i worked the following week.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you tell me what this game is about?"   View Answer

Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

The interview process took place at the store. Manager asked a set of pre-written questions that seemed to be standard for all Gamestop interviews. Interview was easy and manager was very laid back for the whole process. Overall it was an extremely easy interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst game you've ever played. (after you explain how bad it was) Now sell it to me.   View Answer
    Non-existant

Game Advisor Interview

Basic interview questions. They asked when I would be available to work and why I would want to work at Gamestop. The interview process was fairly quick. If you have experience interviewing nothing should be too much of a surprise.

Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in October 2014.

I walked into the store and asked the guy at the register (who it turns out was the manager) if they were hiring, he said they were. He asked me if I wanted to fill out the application in store and have a short interview in store since it was slow. After I filled out the application he sat down with me behind the counter and told me that it was basically gonna be a conversation like friends have more than an actual interview. He asked me a few basic questions, then he had one of the guys who worked there go outside and walk in as if he were a customer, and had me show how I would introduce myself to them and about our promotions. Hired right after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work here?
      Do you know what games are coming out in the next few months?
      What game systems do you have?
      Whats your favorite game?
      Whats your least favorite game?
      Whats 10% of 100?
      If a customer came in and was asking for reviews for a game you don't like?

Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GameStop in October 2014.

This is my first job. I applied and had a 1 on 1 interview during the summer. It was about 2 months later that I got a call for a group interview. It wasn't really an interview at all. Everyone got the job. The manager basically talked to us about what we'd be doing and what he expects from us. He was really cool. It was a group of 8 including myself. He told us about our training and when we'd find out about our schedules. So I guess if you make it to a group interview, you're pretty much in. One guy didn't even have an interview, he just turned in an application and got it.

Interview Questions
    • (1:1 interview)
      mostly questions about your availability and school activities

Answer Question
    There was none. It's a little bit more than minimum wage so that's good.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop in October 2014.

The interview process took about a month. I initially called and asked if they were hiring for the holiday season. The Assistant Manager told me they were and I should submit my application. So being persistent, I submitted both my resume along with my application the next day. The Store Manager said he would give me a call back in a week to set up an interview. 2 weeks later, after his week long vacation and inability to follow up, never called me back so I went up to the store to see what the deal was. I had to wait an hour just to talk to him and I found out they lost my application and I had to fill out another one (ugh). I did so and he told me to come in the next week for an interview. So the 3rd week, I came in 15 minutes earlier and the Store Manager told me he forgot about my interview. So I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and gave up on them immediately afterwards because of their incompetence and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experience? What does customer service mean to you? If you don't get a call next week then you didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

I walked in dressed up in formal clothing and asked for an application for employment. I completed it on the spot and turned it in. A week or two later I returned and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult scenario you have encountered with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

I walked in as I was interested in working for this particular company. I asked for a paper application and filled it out in store to show that I was very serious about working there. I received a call back a few days later for a 1:1 interview. I arrived for the interview in business casual attire. We discussed why did I want to work for the company and what kind of experience did I have as a gamer and in retail. After the interview I waited about a day or two in which I was told that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this (product) along with the rest of the items that I was purchasing   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at GameStop in August 2014.

For me, it was a group interview of 4. I was not a fan of this at all,but a gave me a chance to stick out from the group. Make sure you go as early as possible and talk a lot. This was a job fair that Gamestop has every year.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Gamestop. Dont say because I like games!   Answer Question
    • How did you handle an angry customer in the past.   View Answer
    No negotiating for me, there wasn't even a second interview because the manager needed somebody immediately.