GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.8

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

The Interview took place in store in the back room done by store manager. Interview had all the typical questions that get asked and did not really ask anything related to past situations and how you handled them. It was friendly, laid back, and casual.

Interview Questions

• What systems/games do you play.   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Gamestop took forever to respond to my application. I had to go in and call every day for a month before they finally gave me an interview. They weren't very organized and it took me another time to go in to see if I actually got the job.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a Gamestop from the store manager and he told me he was really impressed with my application. He said it was such short notice and ask if I could come in for an interview and I happily agreed. I arrived 10 minutes early and the store manager immediately knew who I was and took me to the back of the store and basically asked me standard questions and I replied honestly and openly. Basically, he was impressed with my resume, cover letter, and just how honest I was toward school and about Gamestop. Then he hired me on the spot for a GA position and told me what a GA does. Just be honest and be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Submitted application, followed-up one week later in person with resume for seasonal position. Interview within a week of follow-up, very straightforward and relaxed. Called to thank the manager for his time and consideration the day after. Had an offer in seven days, which I accepted. Ended up staying on permanently after season was up -- this seems like the best bet for this position.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Pretty laid back.Asked basic questions about past work experience, what I can bring to the company, and also gaming knowledge. Gaming knowledge is not required, but it is highly helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Radcliff, KY).

Interview

They asked about general knowledge of games and game systems. Goals in life, etc. etc. They mostly want to get a feel of your personality. Being one of the most popular game stores you have to be very outgoing when talking with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite games?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview process includes three interviews one with an assistant manager. The second with the general manager and one with district. After my second interview the manager at the time just up and quit leaving me to have to go through another interview with a brand new manager for that store.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I handed in an application in person at the store, and a few days later the manager called me back to set up an interview. It was pretty casual, only took about 20 minutes, and none of the questions were hard or unexpected - mostly very basic stuff, and then some questions about your interest/knowledge in games.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself knowledgeable about video games? What kind of games do you know about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at a job fair. The interview took place in a restaurant adjacent to the game stop. I waited around for a while to be called. When called, I was walked over to a table where the interview took place. My interview was conducted by the regional director and the manager of one of my local stores. The interview was short, with no unusual or even game-related questions. The interviewers seemed to make up their mind very quickly on whether they wanted to hire me or not.