GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.8

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Submitted application, followed-up one week later in person with resume for seasonal position. Interview within a week of follow-up, very straightforward and relaxed. Called to thank the manager for his time and consideration the day after. Had an offer in seven days, which I accepted. Ended up staying on permanently after season was up -- this seems like the best bet for this position.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Pretty laid back.Asked basic questions about past work experience, what I can bring to the company, and also gaming knowledge. Gaming knowledge is not required, but it is highly helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Radcliff, KY).

Interview

They asked about general knowledge of games and game systems. Goals in life, etc. etc. They mostly want to get a feel of your personality. Being one of the most popular game stores you have to be very outgoing when talking with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite games?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview process includes three interviews one with an assistant manager. The second with the general manager and one with district. After my second interview the manager at the time just up and quit leaving me to have to go through another interview with a brand new manager for that store.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I handed in an application in person at the store, and a few days later the manager called me back to set up an interview. It was pretty casual, only took about 20 minutes, and none of the questions were hard or unexpected - mostly very basic stuff, and then some questions about your interest/knowledge in games.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself knowledgeable about video games? What kind of games do you know about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at a job fair. The interview took place in a restaurant adjacent to the game stop. I waited around for a while to be called. When called, I was walked over to a table where the interview took place. My interview was conducted by the regional director and the manager of one of my local stores. The interview was short, with no unusual or even game-related questions. The interviewers seemed to make up their mind very quickly on whether they wanted to hire me or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty fun. It felt more like a conversation and not an interview. The second interview felt more like I was going into a business setting and not retail.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you achieved in school that you could bring to GameStop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Greeley, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. They asked what experience I have, what a good manager would look like, how to deal with disagreement with a manager, and finished with what made me stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Can you sell sell sell and push numbers? Can you sell extra accessories to customers? Can you get people to pre order the latest games? Can you get people to get our credit card?

Interview Questions

• Can you get a lot of people to subscribe to our magazine?   Answer Question