GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GameStop in September 2012.

One interview and you just have to be up-standing and look them in the eye with confidence. They ask you questions on your favorite games and may ask you to sell them a paperclip.

Interview Questions
Know that 7.25 is base pay for a Game Adviser but in VERY particular circumstances you could get a few extra dimes. Management will be 9.00-10.00 for a keyholder but more for an Assistant manager.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Just be yourself, don't over think the questions. i was myself took my time to answer the questions and got the job. was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager, the manager portion wasn't that bad but the asst. tried to grill me.

Game Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GameStop.

Printed off application, dropped off in person, and received a phone call within three business days asking for an interview. Went in for a 1 on 1 interview, and typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a game to an adult? And a parent with a child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in August 2013.

Paper application. Usually one or two interviews with Store Manager or ASM. People skills are a must! Previous work experience, especially in retail or customer service is a big help. Video game knowledge is helpful but not required.

Interview Questions
    • Best/worst customer experience. Have/meet sales quotas/goals? 3 year plan. Tell about a time when you were late. What does good customer service mean to you? Favorite video game/system. Favorite subject is school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offered part-time entry level position for a little over minimum wage.

Game Advisor Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at GameStop.

Go in and submit an application. Attach a resume and cover letter to the application. Call to check on the status of the application. Hope for an interview. Good luck trying to beat the hundreds of people applying for a single, minimum wage job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyattsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyattsville, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GameStop in August 2010.

Seems based on familiar faces. Best chance on getting interest is by constantly being around the location. Actual interviews ask common questions like "Why do you want to work at GameStop?" The answer is NOT "Because I like games" and more customer service related issues.

Interview Questions
    • What actions would you take if a disgruntled customer became belligerent and dangerous in your store?   View Answer
    GameStop gives what they want to, no negotiations for Part-Time employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GameStop in October 2010.

There were two separate interviews. Both were the same questions. The interviews began very simply as a personality assessment. They asked strength and weaknesses. I was then asked what games I was excited that were coming out and why. The last portion of the interview I was asked to sell the interviewer their pen. I was notified within a week or so after the second interview that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I came across was selling the pen. It gets you to think on your feet and try to think outside the box.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in March 2014.

GameStop has a surprisingly lengthy interview process Assistant Manager, Store Manager, District Manager, and then Regional. I had my first interview with the Assistant Manager. He was polite and informative and told me about the "Cycle of Gaming" and their changing business outlook. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose the most difficult question asked was a typical interview question: To explain a time you had had difficulty or difference of opinion with a manager.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GameStop in September 2013.

I didn't really get much of an "interview". My boss is very good friends with one of my close friends and had asked him to find people for him. He asked my friend if I was an okay person and if I would screw him over. Then he proceeded to ask me what my favorite game was, and why. When I told him that I travel across the country to compete in video game tournaments he simply said "oh, so you're in the scene?" he then hired me on the spot.

I was able to negotiate my pay. I asked for something higher than my previous job, and I received a whole dollar more. It's not A LOT, but it's something.

Game Advisor Interview

Went to an open interview. Filled out application and waited my turn.

Min. wage