GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I walked in as I was interested in working for this particular company. I asked for a paper application and filled it out in store to show that I was very serious about working there. I received a call back a few days later for a 1:1 interview. I arrived for the interview in business casual attire. We discussed why did I want to work for the company and what kind of experience did I have as a gamer and in retail. After the interview I waited about a day or two in which I was told that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this (product) along with the rest of the items that I was purchasing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GameStop in August 2014.

Interview

For me, it was a group interview of 4. I was not a fan of this at all,but a gave me a chance to stick out from the group. Make sure you go as early as possible and talk a lot. This was a job fair that Gamestop has every year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gamestop. Dont say because I like games!   Answer Question
    • How did you handle an angry customer in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating for me, there wasn't even a second interview because the manager needed somebody immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GameStop (Knoxville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

filled our application online. Process took 1 month. I went in for my first interview and it went smoothly. Basic question that even the manager admitted were "basic". Second interview took almost 3 weeks to schedule. 2 interview was in the back room of the store. Also pretty simple
    And basic one on one interview. I said I wanted to stay, but this was a seasonal part time position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last 2 jobs?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Was pretty simple. Questions like "When are people more likely to make decisions?" or "What's your reason to want to work here?" They're all straight forward. If you don't know the answer, it's fine. Chances are, not knowing the answer and admitting you don't is fine since you'll learn granted you're hired. Other questions were things like what do you do in spare time, where do you go to school, are you planning to go to college if you aren't already in college, etc. It's a simple interview. Nothing to really be afraid of. The hiring manager at the GameStop I work at was pretty chill. Only downfall was that HR was pretty bad to work with since I was still a minor when I was hired so they took forever to add me into GameStop's employee list. As someone whose never had a job before, I'm actually glad this is my first job. It's a lot of fun and quite a good start.

Negotiation

Just have good social skills. It really isn't that difficult to get hired at GS. Be yourself, don't be afraid to admit if you don't know something, but be willing to learn more if you're interested.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very straight forward. I received a call from the manager after having asked him a few days earlier. So I filled out an application and went into the back room for the interview. It lasted only a few minutes, I shook the man's hand and that was that. Apparently they weren't currently hiring, but kept my application on file.

Interview Questions

• I seriously cannot remember the exact questions. I know he asked various questions about how I would help a customer if they asked my advice on a particular game title or console.   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Had three interviews with the manager. The only frustrating part was that it took a long time for them to get back to me so I would have to call them to check the status of my application only to be asked for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Just simple question about my past work, education, and whether I thought could sell the PowerUp rewards effectively. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Walked into the store and submitted my application. I spoke to the assistant manager for a few minutes and showed interest in working there. She scheduled the interview to be 2 days later and that was pretty much it. The interview mainly consisted of questions to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• This was my first retail job so I didn't know what to expect, but the only question I thought was a little weird was, "What would you do if you see another employee put a game in the trash?"   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GameStop in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple, mostly asked some basic questions such as "what if"s and anything about the form you filled out to get hired. Make sure you have at least a good amount of knowledge on games and systems.

Game Advisor Interview

Interview

Just be yourself, don't over think the questions. i was myself took my time to answer the questions and got the job. was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager, the manager portion wasn't that bad but the asst. tried to grill me.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Printed off application, dropped off in person, and received a phone call within three business days asking for an interview. Went in for a 1 on 1 interview, and typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a game to an adult? And a parent with a child?   Answer Question