GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

1.8

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in January 2009.

Submit an application and received a call to come in for in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult its more a personality type of questions to determine if you can work with retail position   Answer Question
Pretty much near min wage hourly

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop.

I was a regular customer whpo just so happened to get to know the assistant manager and after talking with him one day, he asked if I wanted the job. I was not interviewed, did not fill out an application and did not even meet the store manager until my first day.
    Once I became a manager and started interviewing other potential Game Advisors, we incorporated muti-level interviews that involved group interviews and one on one interviews with multiple store managers.

Interview Questions
    • Alphabetize the following The Sims, The SImpsons, The Sims: Bustin' Out   View Answer

Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop.

Basically the questions go along the line of video game experience, and the standard questions that many other companies ask such as "name a situation in which you went above and beyond to help a customer out". Basically if you have a pulse and know the alphabet you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't a whole lot of difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I would advise not taking the offer. You end up hating video games after this job. Only take it if you're REALLY desperate for a minimum wage dead end job.

Game Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GameStop.

Not really a big deal if you have previous employment experience. Go in there knowing your favorite series, they'll ask! Say something to stand out (don't say COD). They are definitely partial to girls, honestly. If you're a girl, you know your games, and your a hard worker, you have a better chance than a guy with the same points. They will ask how you'd handle a certain situation (manager needs you and you're with a customer, customer is upset with you or a coworker, how do you handle a situation you're unsure of, etc.) Know your availability. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • My previous job was privately owned, so I was taken aback by the all the situational questions. About 75% of the interview questions were about how you'd handle a given situation. The most difficult for me personally was how I would handle a difficult coworker, seeing as all of them would be above me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at GameStop.

Asked for a resume and handed it in in a few days to the store manager. Got a call to have an in-person interview and went over my goals and resume. Let me know right there and then that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Was told up front about the hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GameStop in November 2009.

Handed in an application, had one interview, had to read handbook, hired for temporary seasonal position, kept on afterwards for good work ethic

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite gaming platform and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Centro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at GameStop in October 2013.

I was told I will get a call in around a week or two it has barely been two days. He went straight into asking the question and explain what gamestop is all about. the thing they want a an employer to do is keep advertising like their power-up card to every customer over and over so if you tell them a similar past experience where you had to do it repetitive with out getting unmotivated because the past twenty people didn't buy it, this will be a plus.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that he asked are common for example, Why do you want to work at gamestop? Do you have any past work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cartersville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in February 2013.

Apply and when you go in to talk to the manager, don't be shy, be upfront and confident. The interviews are usually two-parters, the first to determine your character, the second to determine what you know about video games.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation, the company is tightly wound and falls into chaos when things don't run exactly right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GameStop in July 2013.

After applying to multiple GameStops in my area I finally received a phone call for an interview approximately 2 months after I had applied. The important thing to remember is that this is a customer service and selling job; not just for game nerds. I was asked questions about my selling technique and if I knew about the upcoming games (which I was most excited about). Afterwards, he wanted me to call back tomorrow to schedule a 2nd interview with the store manager; but he said that I also had the job essentially.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a game you would immediately pull off the shelves if you could. Then sell me that game.   Answer Question

As much as I would love working at GameStop, I got catcalled and called names on the way to my car after the interview (I'm a female). I decided that it just wasn't worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GameStop in October 2011.

The interview primarily consisted of questions relating to how well I work with others and my knowledge of software and hardware.