GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I handed in an application in person at the store, and a few days later the manager called me back to set up an interview. It was pretty casual, only took about 20 minutes, and none of the questions were hard or unexpected - mostly very basic stuff, and then some questions about your interest/knowledge in games.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself knowledgeable about video games? What kind of games do you know about?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interview was relaxed and informal. It was more conversational than Q/A. The manager that was interviewing was very nice and put the applicant at ease. I participated in a one-on-one interview where only a few questions were asked. My interviewer appreciated tenacity and an almost aggressive method of job hunting. This company seems to value a go-getter.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me the pen in your hand. Make me interested in the pen.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. They were very friendly and outgoing, very energetic. I enjoyed talking to them. I got to know them as they got to know me. I was very relaxed, I didn't feel at in the least bit nervous. They were very friendly and really nice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you play any games, what consoles have you played, any Computer games, what's yourfavorite games to play   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Just a few questions and friendly coversation. Mostly about my previous experience and history with games and gaming. Was told he was very interested in hiring me. Did not receive a call.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Waco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy, the first interview was with the general manager and lasted about 25 minutes. Right after he invited me to a second interview with the area manager. That interview was about management questions such as scenarios and previous situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave perfect customer service.   1 Answer
    • What kind of video games do you know about?   1 Answer
    • The most important question was, What do you expect from working at game stop? and what can you offer game stop?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

You will go into the back room of the store and sit with the district manager. Right off the bat, the district manager already knows going into the interview if they want you or not. (at least mine did.) During an interview from before, did not ask a question and just told me why I would or would not get the job. My particular district manager was unprofessional and often rude. Glad to say that he does not work for the company anymore.

Interview Questions

• Why should you get this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Greeley, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. They asked what experience I have, what a good manager would look like, how to deal with disagreement with a manager, and finished with what made me stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty fun. It felt more like a conversation and not an interview.

The second interview felt more like I was going into a business setting and not retail.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you achieved in school that you could bring to GameStop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Can you sell sell sell and push numbers? Can you sell extra accessories to customers? Can you get people to pre order the latest games? Can you get people to get our credit card?

Interview Questions

• Can you get a lot of people to subscribe to our magazine?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

The interview process for the Assistant Store Manager position was simple. It involved an initial interview with the Store Manager that was very by-the-book and focused specifically on previous experience with questions generally expecting to be answered in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. The interview lasted approximately one hour. A follow-up interview with the District Manager was conducted the next day. This interview was more casual and seemed to focus on the manner in which I responded as opposed to what I was actually saying. This interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service success story?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a major disagreement with your supervisor, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had sales goals or quotas you've had to meet at any of your jobs?   Answer Question