GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Submitted application, followed-up one week later in person with resume for seasonal position. Interview within a week of follow-up, very straightforward and relaxed. Called to thank the manager for his time and consideration the day after. Had an offer in seven days, which I accepted. Ended up staying on permanently after season was up -- this seems like the best bet for this position.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

Very short and quick. Was asked a few questions about my working background. Although Gamestop does sell games they prefer a retail or sales background over game knowledge any day

Interview Questions

• They will always ask to sell you a membershp card (power up rewards pro) card after they tell you about all the benefits   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Pretty laid back.Asked basic questions about past work experience, what I can bring to the company, and also gaming knowledge. Gaming knowledge is not required, but it is highly helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop (Radcliff, KY).

Interview

They asked about general knowledge of games and game systems. Goals in life, etc. etc. They mostly want to get a feel of your personality. Being one of the most popular game stores you have to be very outgoing when talking with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite games?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview process includes three interviews one with an assistant manager. The second with the general manager and one with district. After my second interview the manager at the time just up and quit leaving me to have to go through another interview with a brand new manager for that store.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I handed in an application in person at the store, and a few days later the manager called me back to set up an interview. It was pretty casual, only took about 20 minutes, and none of the questions were hard or unexpected - mostly very basic stuff, and then some questions about your interest/knowledge in games.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself knowledgeable about video games? What kind of games do you know about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at a job fair. The interview took place in a restaurant adjacent to the game stop. I waited around for a while to be called. When called, I was walked over to a table where the interview took place. My interview was conducted by the regional director and the manager of one of my local stores. The interview was short, with no unusual or even game-related questions. The interviewers seemed to make up their mind very quickly on whether they wanted to hire me or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interview was relaxed and informal. It was more conversational than Q/A. The manager that was interviewing was very nice and put the applicant at ease. I participated in a one-on-one interview where only a few questions were asked. My interviewer appreciated tenacity and an almost aggressive method of job hunting. This company seems to value a go-getter.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me the pen in your hand. Make me interested in the pen.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Waco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy, the first interview was with the general manager and lasted about 25 minutes. Right after he invited me to a second interview with the area manager. That interview was about management questions such as scenarios and previous situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave perfect customer service.   1 Answer
    • What kind of video games do you know about?   1 Answer
    • The most important question was, What do you expect from working at game stop? and what can you offer game stop?   1 Answer