GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

The Interview took place in store in the back room done by store manager. Interview had all the typical questions that get asked and did not really ask anything related to past situations and how you handled them. It was friendly, laid back, and casual.

Interview Questions

• What systems/games do you play.   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Gamestop took forever to respond to my application. I had to go in and call every day for a month before they finally gave me an interview. They weren't very organized and it took me another time to go in to see if I actually got the job.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a Gamestop from the store manager and he told me he was really impressed with my application. He said it was such short notice and ask if I could come in for an interview and I happily agreed. I arrived 10 minutes early and the store manager immediately knew who I was and took me to the back of the store and basically asked me standard questions and I replied honestly and openly. Basically, he was impressed with my resume, cover letter, and just how honest I was toward school and about Gamestop. Then he hired me on the spot for a GA position and told me what a GA does. Just be honest and be yourself.

General Interview Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop in August 2015.

Interview

I attended a job fair Gamestop was having at a local comic book store. The guy took me in, asked me how my day was going, I said it was going well he asked me what hours would I be willing to work, looked at my job history, and asked how often do I go to their stores. We talked and he explained that its a laid back job, until you get to the fourth quarter of the year (with black Friday and the holiday shopping season).

Interview Questions

• what is it you first notice when you walk into a Gamestop store?   Answer Question
    • what qualities would you bring to our stores   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Submitted application, followed-up one week later in person with resume for seasonal position. Interview within a week of follow-up, very straightforward and relaxed. Called to thank the manager for his time and consideration the day after. Had an offer in seven days, which I accepted. Ended up staying on permanently after season was up -- this seems like the best bet for this position.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

Very short and quick. Was asked a few questions about my working background. Although Gamestop does sell games they prefer a retail or sales background over game knowledge any day

Interview Questions

• They will always ask to sell you a membershp card (power up rewards pro) card after they tell you about all the benefits   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Pretty laid back.Asked basic questions about past work experience, what I can bring to the company, and also gaming knowledge. Gaming knowledge is not required, but it is highly helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Radcliff, KY).

Interview

They asked about general knowledge of games and game systems. Goals in life, etc. etc. They mostly want to get a feel of your personality. Being one of the most popular game stores you have to be very outgoing when talking with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite games?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview process includes three interviews one with an assistant manager. The second with the general manager and one with district. After my second interview the manager at the time just up and quit leaving me to have to go through another interview with a brand new manager for that store.