GameStop Interview Questions

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GameStop in September 2014.

First interview with store manager. Went off a small workbook with multiple follow up questions. I often answered a large portion of the follow ups with my initial answer. Mostly about management experience, but in my case, having none, used times that I took an authoritative role. Mostly a common retail interview with a lot of supervisor questions. He wrote a lot and said I gave good answers.
    Second interview was supposed to be a phone interview with another manager from the same area. Ended up as an in person interview because I worked I the same building as that Gamestop, so it was much easier to meet in person. In this interview, he ran out of questions because I answered then so fully again. Asked if I didn't get the AM if he could hire me to work 10 hours a week on my days off for my current job.

Didn't get the job, but he said I was a top contender.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when an employee didn't do what you had asked them to, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at GameStop in June 2010.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions such as "How would you handle a customer complaint?" and "Can you tell me more about your job history with so and so?" Interview lasted roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated or unexpected. Questions about leadership and management behavioral experiences and examples. Most interesting question was about a favorite game and a time or example (roll-play) of how to sell it and about who to sell it to.   View Answer

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GameStop in July 2014.

Applied in store.
    Three weeks and got a call for an interview
    Standard interview. Retail history, management experience and gaming experience.
    Knowledge of industry and gaming components, systems and software.
    Sales experience and the ability to up sale and add on services.

Interview Questions
    • If you didn't agree with management on a store decision how would you address your concern?   View Answer
    Minimal. Budget only allows a certain rate of pay.

Senior Database Administratior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in September 2011.

The hiring process was a painless process. The tests were to the point and management informs you on exactly what to expect. Communication is open as managements lets you know the pros and cons of your experience.

non negotiable at all.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at GameStop.

Went to a group interview at a job fair. There were about 4 people in each group and it was very standard. Got called back for an individual interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

They wanted me to work for a different location than I wanted.

Game Advisor Interview

I walked in dressed up in formal clothing and asked for an application for employment. I completed it on the spot and turned it in. A week or two later I returned and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult scenario you have encountered with a customer?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at GameStop in August 2014.

For me, it was a group interview of 4. I was not a fan of this at all,but a gave me a chance to stick out from the group. Make sure you go as early as possible and talk a lot. This was a job fair that Gamestop has every year.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Gamestop. Dont say because I like games!   Answer Question
    • How did you handle an angry customer in the past.   View Answer
    No negotiating for me, there wasn't even a second interview because the manager needed somebody immediately.

Key Holder Interview

Very informal interview and the application process was odd and lengthy. I turned in my application at the end of May or first of June and got a call one week ago to interview. ASM is a twenty something it trying to be great but there are a few rookie mistakes. We never covered schedules and as of last Wednesday I accepted the job but I have yet to sign anything or do any onboarding in GS portal. He never asked what days or time of day I was interested in; nor did we cover rate of pay. Offered me job over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you encountered a rude or dismissive customer....   View Answer
    Still hasn't happened

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in August 2013.

Hiring and interview was great. I really liked the manger. We just sat and talked. It didn't really feel like an interview which is what I liked. Hiring took a little while because of back ground check. After that it went fairly smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop.

I walked in as I was interested in working for this particular company. I asked for a paper application and filled it out in store to show that I was very serious about working there. I received a call back a few days later for a 1:1 interview. I arrived for the interview in business casual attire. We discussed why did I want to work for the company and what kind of experience did I have as a gamer and in retail. After the interview I waited about a day or two in which I was told that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this (product) along with the rest of the items that I was purchasing   Answer Question

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!