GameStop

247 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Keyholder Interview

Appleton, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GameStop in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very casual, easy, non-intrusive or annoying.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase, I believe GameStop starts female employees lower than male employees. Most coworkers I know started in the next lowest position at even a dollar higher than myself.

Store Manager

Interviewed at GameStop

Interview Details – Initially I was hired as holiday help. The interview was brief and informal, mostly a long chat with the manager.

Interview Question – A lot of people struggle with simple math questions, like if I ask how much 10% off of 70$ is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting out as a part timer, wages are almost always minimum.

Game Advisor Interview

Game Advisor
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at GameStop in October 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in dressed nicely (slacks/button-up/tie), asked if they were hiring. Guy responds "No, but we're accepting applications." So I request an application, fill it out right there, and as I'm walking out the manager pulls me into the back room and gives me a brief interview ("Why should I hire you?", "Why do you want to work here?", "What are some of your strengths and weaknesses" etc.

Interview Question – "What is the most experience you have as far as gaming is concerned?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate for a cashier job, you take the minimum wage and smile even if it does suck.

Game Advisor Interview

Game Advisor
Saint Robert, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in October 2013.

Interview Details – Known the manager for years, walked in and was offered job.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – It was a very informal interview process. It felt more like a polite conversation.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Senior Game Advisor
Georgetown, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GameStop in May 2012.

Interview Details – Turned in my application to the SM and was immediately given an interview time. I guess I made a good first impression. During my interview it was laid back, mostly discussed what i'd be doing. I started out as a GA which is bottom of the totem poll so my job was super easy. it doesn't take much to alphabetize a wall of games. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – nothing was hard or unexpected. its an easy job, dress nice and act like you have common sense and your in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – starting out as a GA you WILL make min wage. its an easy job it kinda fits. After i was promoted I started out as an SGA making 8.50

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process with everyone that isn't a field manager (DM, RD) is usually very casual, and usually very pleasant. Everyone wants a job at GameStop so they try and psych you up for the gig. They will not discuss hours or pay, because it is minimal for both.

Interview Question – None. Very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Everything i asked for through all of my promotions was denied. Either I went with what they were willing to give, or I took a walk.

Interviewed at GameStop

Interview Details – I was hired in as part time and worked my way up through the company, I never received a formal interview for my current position

Negotiation Details – n/a

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Corydon, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had already been working as a part-time Game Advisor. There was some manager shuffling in our district so the DM offered me the Assistant Manager position during that time.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any questions, other than if I thought I could handle the responsibilities while also attending college full time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my pay and for my schedule to be flexible each semester.

West Nyack, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of online submission of my resume and cover letter which was then selected by the District Manager that was interested in the hire. Interview was typical - boiler plate questions followed by detailed, yet brief answers. Generally was a positive experience.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The District Manager offered me a position in a closely neighboring state - but because of the travel and difference in state income taxes, I requested extra compensation for the difference. I was given this compensation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GameStop