GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

The interview process for the Assistant Store Manager position was simple. It involved an initial interview with the Store Manager that was very by-the-book and focused specifically on previous experience with questions generally expecting to be answered in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. The interview lasted approximately one hour. A follow-up interview with the District Manager was conducted the next day. This interview was more casual and seemed to focus on the manner in which I responded as opposed to what I was actually saying. This interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service success story?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a major disagreement with your supervisor, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had sales goals or quotas you've had to meet at any of your jobs?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the DM, and we had a conversation. It only took 45 minutes. They called a week in advance. He let me know I had the job at the end of the interview. It was not a difficult process at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen followed by a hiring manager phone interview followed by an on-site with 5 different people from the company. The process took around 3 months. Disappointed in the outcome in that I felt the interviews went extremely well and had really great synergy with the members, but was given a "copy and paste" rejection without specific feedback several days after my on-site.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what the 5 following SQL queries do? (Assessing your SQL knowledge)   Answer Question
    • Can you give explicit examples of when you worked with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question
    • What type of feedback has your boss given you?   Answer Question

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process is nothing special. They ask you a much of questions like name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or someone you didn't know. And the in this situation what would do to calm the customer down and have them leave happy. My favorite is when they asked about how I would sell a customer on a certain item.

Interview Questions

• What do you personally bring to the company that would make you unique?   2 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Mount Dora, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was called next day, interview set up for the following week. Arrived at store, waited for previous interviewee to finish with the store manager, the entire interview process at the store took over 2 hours from arrival to departure. I was read the entire interview from a sheet of paper, very robotic, manager didn't seem to care for personality. I was asked the basic management interview questions and then graded on my replies right in front of my face on the paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a Group Interview. it was pretty chill and laid back and it was with 3 other people. We all introduced ourselves. The questions were pretty simple the SM Just wanted to know what we all knew about the company and other things, Like the Reward cards. No one was offered a Job at the end of the interview but we may get a call for a follow up interview later this week.

Interview Questions

• How many stores do we have? How many employees work for Gamestop?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Hr interview was more a review of my previous employment and reference check, then dm interview consisted of a discussion of basic interview questions then a more in depth conversation of a p&L.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions... why do you want to work here experience and customer service questions   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The first Game Stop interview I had was in the back of the store with the store manager, the interview was pleasant and a week later I was called back for a second interview and this time the District Manager was present and the interview went well. They informed me to call back in a week for an answer, I called and the store manager told me "The DM hasn't given me an answer" and after a month he simply told me "The person that was going to quit stayed and there's no positions available". The second store I applied to was a walk-in interview with the Store Manager, the interview took place next door (Panda Express) and the SM even saved my phone number on his mobile phone to immediately give me a position, never heard back from that store. I've gone back to those two stores and they've hired if I may say, girls whom society would label as "Attractive" and who didn't have a clue about games or any gaming consoles. To be honest, I'm contemplating of giving it another shot to try to work for this company due to the fact that I love video games in general.

Interview Questions

• What skills could you bring to the store that others haven't already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It took about an hour. The SM was very pleasant and friendly. My interview took place at a restaurant next door. It was somewhat laid back. Not too formal. He asked questions but I felt free to elaborate about things.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

All day interview process. Meet will all Supervisors in distribution center - spend about 20 minutes each. Also attend morning and afternoon meetings. Next day meet with Director and V.P. - following week got a call and offer was made. Good company - just low pay.

Interview Questions

• South Park or The Simpsons   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, was told by the V.P. that this is the offer - wish we could pay more.