GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

it was simple, I was 30 minutes early (not a good idea). A lady interviewed me she was about 19 or 20 she asked what my favorite games and game consoles were and why. She asked what games I played. -How could I handle customers -Past experience -What I could offer

Interview Questions

• She asked what games I played. -How could I handle customers -Past experience -What I could offer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Rock Hill, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come back for an interview after turning my application into the manager in person. The interview itself was in a small room in the back of the store. Business Casual dress was acceptable anything more and i feel you would have been over dressed. They asked standard interview questions plus game specific questions. As long as you know that games have ratings and loosely what those ratings imply you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite game.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Fountain Valley, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come to the store for my first interview and was asked very generic questions. When I passed the first interview they scheduled a second interview which I later found out was a group interview. There were at least 15 other people applying for a position at GameStop. We were asked one question and each person had to answer that question one right after the other. The middle of the circle seemed to be the best place to be at because you got to hear enough other answers to get a better idea of how to word what you want to say and you didn't seem to have your answer stolen from you as was evident as when the people at the end of the circle had next to nothing to say or the same answers that their peers had said before them.

Interview Questions

• What type of car would you be if you were a car and why   1 Answer

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Was called in a week after attending a local Gamestop Job Fair. Basic questions on video game knowledge and systems owned. How accustomed I was to pushing membership, driving sales and working with other people.

Interview Questions

• "What Software are you familiar with?" was a question on the form but, the store manager told me to fill it out with my preferred game genres.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was hired as a seasonal adviser and it tends to be whatever the minimum wage is for your state at the time. Be hungry, take all the hours and shifts you can get.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2014.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked the guy at the register (who it turns out was the manager) if they were hiring, he said they were. He asked me if I wanted to fill out the application in store and have a short interview in store since it was slow. After I filled out the application he sat down with me behind the counter and told me that it was basically gonna be a conversation like friends have more than an actual interview. He asked me a few basic questions, then he had one of the guys who worked there go outside and walk in as if he were a customer, and had me show how I would introduce myself to them and about our promotions. Hired right after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here? Do you know what games are coming out in the next few months? What game systems do you have? Whats your favorite game? Whats your least favorite game? Whats 10% of 100? If a customer came in and was asking for reviews for a game you don't like?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I was told to go home and print one out. I did, and returned it to the store. A few days later I got a call for an interview. I went in, the interview took about 5-7 minutes. Asked basic questions. My interviewer was very nice and made a very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your long term goals" "Walk me through your process of making a sale." "Name a situation you had to deal with an unhappy customer."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Only had the phone interview with a current store manager so far, but she was great. Enthusuastic, personable, friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in me. Indicated she was forwarding my resume to her District Manager to set up a 1:1 interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, GA

Application

I interviewed at GameStop (Edison, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a series of 3 interviews back to back at a j0b fair, went great! waiting to hear a call back. I was using many of my personal stories struggling in past jobs as an assistant manager, and shows how i dealt with tough situations,

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Montgomery, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very long and drawn out. The DM reached out to me to ask me to come fill out an application for an ASM position. Once the app was filled out we talked for approximately 20 minutes he said that he would contact me within a day to move on to the next level in the process. Waited almost 5 weeks before hearing anything from him. Once I did hear back from him we got the next interview setup. After the second interview he contacted me about an hour after it was over and stated that he wanted to have another face to face with myself and the RM and he would contact me back in two days. Waited 2 months before hearing anything back from him and once I did hear something back he offered me the position and the new hire paperwork took a month alone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time that you had implement change that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Glassboro, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and simple. I was called a day after I submitted the application and a couple days later I had the interview. The manager and I sat outside the store while he asked basic questions and felt out my personality. He was really mellow and nice I got a call back another couple days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why GameStop?   1 Answer
    • What skills could you bring to the store?   1 Answer