GameStop

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

SGA

I applied in-person and interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – Walked into the store. Was greeted and taken into the back room. Was interviewed by the ASM. Then We talked about why i wanted to work there, and if i could sell. Very Very Easy

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

SGA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – This is very straight forward. Gamestop will hold job fairs during the holidays, you will have a sit down interview, and if the manager likes you, you will be hired. The interviews are short and basic, asking you a couple of questions, as to how you respond to customers who may be aggravated, or angry, and they will also ask you about your video game and electronics knowledge.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. however keep in mind that the customer is ALWAYS right, so if you are asked a question about a customer issue, always make sure that customer would be happy when they leave.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Plymouth, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at GameStop in January 2008.

Interview Details – It is very hard to get into this company, because everyone thinks it is an amazing job, so they always have a lot of applications. I kept coming in, and asking if they were hiring, and then one day they said yes. Applied, and had an interview over the phone, and two days later I was working. Helps to be friendly with the employees there.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GameStop

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop SGA interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees and interview candidates.