GameStop Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.2

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Walked in and asked for an application. I was told to go home and print one out. I did, and returned it to the store. A few days later I got a call for an interview. I went in, the interview took about 5-7 minutes. Asked basic questions. My interviewer was very nice and made a very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions
  • "Why do you want to work here?"
    "What are your long term goals"
    "Walk me through your process of making a sale."
    "Name a situation you had to deal with an unhappy customer."

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Went to a group interview at a job fair. There were about 4 people in each group and it was very standard. Got called back for an individual interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

They wanted me to work for a different location than I wanted.

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Give an application at the store get a call back a few weeks later for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GameStop in February 2014.

I've been through some tough interviews with some great companies, so I do not mind a grilling, hard interview. What GameStop does is simply annoying. The interview will take place in a locked janitor's closet, and you will be interviewed by a geeky hipster elitist. This interview will include questions regarding your video game and technology interests, which I can understand. This is a gaming sales company after all. If you respond with any video games that are mainstream popular you will be snickered at and mocked with words like SUB PAR or MEDIOCRE. The interview is a rare experience to say the least

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in October 2013.

The hiring manager was very laid back and chill. It didn't seem that much like an interview, but more so two people having a conversation. It was professional, no doubt, but it wasn't as uptight as other interviews. The process didn't take too long, the interview was a little longer than most, but that's mainly because we were enjoying the conversation and we'd trail off topic sometimes by talking about other things.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was any question that caught me off guard. Most of the questions were the usual questions that would be asked.
      BUT
      There was one question that was awesome. I don't remember what it was, but it was a fun question and there was no right or wrong answer. It was something like "what would you want with you if you were on an island?"

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Completed online application then called in to follow up and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with store manager and was hired at that time.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop in August 2011.

I turned in my application to the store, I prefer to turn it into the store rather then do it online. Then I called to check up on my application about 3 to 4 days later they said I need to call the hiring manager and he wasn't there till tomorrow. I called back got the hiring manager for the wrong store so he gave me the name and number for the store I was applying for. Finally about a week after I turned in my application I got a hold of the manager I needed to talk to and he gave me an interview. The interview pretty much consisted of him telling me about the polices and the way things worked around the store. At the end of the interview he told me that they probably wont hire me because they preferred to hire people who are 18 and over.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop in May 2010.

I turned in about 7 applications to different locations on a day that I was told managers would be working. Some of the managers were very rude, pretty much acting like they didn't have the time of day and were far more superior than you. The manager at one location though was very nice, but only had an offer for a once every two week shift. Even though it would mean I would have priority for the holiday hours increase, I needed a job that was more substantial.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at GameStop in January 2010.

Called in for an interview on-spot. At end of interview, job offer informed over phone.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working in our company in the next 10 years and if so, where?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop in October 2009.

The interview was simple, held in the back room of the overly large store that I was interviewing for. Most of the questions where you know the basics 'why do you want to work there' and other such things. The manager was really nice and forward about what he expected out of his employees. Though he did go so far as to warn me about one of the more strange employees that he had working for him, which at the time I thought he was kidding...but I learned later after accepting the job that this person was annoying as sin.