GameStop

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – Give an application at the store get a call back a few weeks later for an interview.

Interview Question – Question's about video games you have never heard of.   Answer Question

Dalton, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GameStop.

Interview Details – Completed online application then called in to follow up and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with store manager and was hired at that time.

Interview Question – What do you expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at GameStop in January 2010.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview on-spot. At end of interview, job offer informed over phone.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself working in our company in the next 10 years and if so, where?   Answer Question

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was an informal interview where I was brought to the back room and asked a few questions.

Interview Question – The manager gave me a straw that was sitting on the table and asked me to sell him the straw.   Answer Question

Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in August 2011.

Interview Details – I turned in my application to the store, I prefer to turn it into the store rather then do it online. Then I called to check up on my application about 3 to 4 days later they said I need to call the hiring manager and he wasn't there till tomorrow. I called back got the hiring manager for the wrong store so he gave me the name and number for the store I was applying for. Finally about a week after I turned in my application I got a hold of the manager I needed to talk to and he gave me an interview. The interview pretty much consisted of him telling me about the polices and the way things worked around the store. At the end of the interview he told me that they probably wont hire me because they preferred to hire people who are 18 and over.

Interview Questions

Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in July 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in and they checked my online application. After that I basically just got interviewed by the manager. Once the interview was over he told me he would review my application and call me.

Interview Question – If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found out from a friend that working there is terrible.

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was simple, held in the back room of the overly large store that I was interviewing for. Most of the questions where you know the basics 'why do you want to work there' and other such things. The manager was really nice and forward about what he expected out of his employees. Though he did go so far as to warn me about one of the more strange employees that he had working for him, which at the time I thought he was kidding...but I learned later after accepting the job that this person was annoying as sin.

Interview Questions

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in May 2010.

Interview Details – I turned in about 7 applications to different locations on a day that I was told managers would be working. Some of the managers were very rude, pretty much acting like they didn't have the time of day and were far more superior than you. The manager at one location though was very nice, but only had an offer for a once every two week shift. Even though it would mean I would have priority for the holiday hours increase, I needed a job that was more substantial.

Interview Question – How much sales experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in May 2009.

Interview Details – Not much care was put into the interviews I received at the different stores I went to. On every occasion I turned up for what was supposed to be an interview, but more often than not ended out just sitting down with a manager or assistant manager getting told about the business as though my job was already ensured. No questions were asked to me, they got no other information besides my resume.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GameStop in May 2009.

Interview Details – The store does not publish openings anywhere. You must walk-in and inquire (do this often because applications are often discarded due to the large number of applicants). Almost all of the time they are not hiring. The best time to apply is during October as the stores get ready for the holidays. Once you have an interview you meet with the Store manager and the Assistant store manager on separate occasions.

Interview Question – What experience do you have in sales or customer service?   Answer Question

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!