GameStop Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interview was relaxed and informal. It was more conversational than Q/A. The manager that was interviewing was very nice and put the applicant at ease. I participated in a one-on-one interview where only a few questions were asked. My interviewer appreciated tenacity and an almost aggressive method of job hunting. This company seems to value a go-getter.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me the pen in your hand. Make me interested in the pen.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. They were very friendly and outgoing, very energetic. I enjoyed talking to them. I got to know them as they got to know me. I was very relaxed, I didn't feel at in the least bit nervous. They were very friendly and really nice.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you play any games, what consoles have you played, any Computer games, what's yourfavorite games to play   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I was told to go home and print one out. I did, and returned it to the store. A few days later I got a call for an interview. I went in, the interview took about 5-7 minutes. Asked basic questions. My interviewer was very nice and made a very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"
      "What are your long term goals"
      "Walk me through your process of making a sale."
      "Name a situation you had to deal with an unhappy customer."

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Went to a group interview at a job fair. There were about 4 people in each group and it was very standard. Got called back for an individual interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

They wanted me to work for a different location than I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop (Arcadia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very casual, you arrive to the interview in a semi-formal fashion and they sit you down near a table to talk about the job and what it entitles. The interview isn't so difficult, but you do have to have prior knowledge about video games and its counsels.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions
      Talk about video game basics

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (West Freehold, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Laid-back. Interviewer seemed pretty lazy. Interviewer asked questions repeatedly and liked to repeat themselves. Did not seem all that into the interview process and just wanted to get it over with. Eventually told me they just wanted to go home and that i had the job. Usually loses your first job application, so usually resubmit your job application every 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How I would treat the customer in certain situations.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Give an application at the store get a call back a few weeks later for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Lancaster, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I've been through some tough interviews with some great companies, so I do not mind a grilling, hard interview. What GameStop does is simply annoying. The interview will take place in a locked janitor's closet, and you will be interviewed by a geeky hipster elitist. This interview will include questions regarding your video game and technology interests, which I can understand. This is a gaming sales company after all. If you respond with any video games that are mainstream popular you will be snickered at and mocked with words like SUB PAR or MEDIOCRE. The interview is a rare experience to say the least

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GameStop in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager was very laid back and chill. It didn't seem that much like an interview, but more so two people having a conversation. It was professional, no doubt, but it wasn't as uptight as other interviews. The process didn't take too long, the interview was a little longer than most, but that's mainly because we were enjoying the conversation and we'd trail off topic sometimes by talking about other things.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was any question that caught me off guard. Most of the questions were the usual questions that would be asked.
      BUT
      There was one question that was awesome. I don't remember what it was, but it was a fun question and there was no right or wrong answer. It was something like "what would you want with you if you were on an island?"

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Completed online application then called in to follow up and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with store manager and was hired at that time.