GameStop

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.3

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I was brought to the company by a friend, and the interview process is as follows. there are a total or 3 interviews one with another ASM, one with a store manager, and then a final interview with the district manager of the store. there are not alot of leaps or surprises to the interview. but do not go in just bolstering you have played games for years, even though that helps this is a company that is strictly in the buisness of making money so be sure you make them totally aware of any past sales skills yiu have

You can negotiate pay somewhat but i didnt find this out until after the fact

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop in July 2014.

Applied in store.
    Three weeks and got a call for an interview
    Standard interview. Retail history, management experience and gaming experience.
    Knowledge of industry and gaming components, systems and software.
    Sales experience and the ability to up sale and add on services.

Interview Questions
    • If you didn't agree with management on a store decision how would you address your concern?   View Answer
    Minimal. Budget only allows a certain rate of pay.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Don't really need any job experience to start out as a part-timer. Just be good with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just talk about challenges you have overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

I was a frequent customer for months before snagging an interview. I became very familiar with the employees there who enjoyed talking with me about my purchases and my experiences with the products. The manager even enjoyed talking with me. After I graduated high school I applied for a job there and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • It's been years since the interview so I don't remember specifics, though the common retail question "Give us an example of when you faced hardship and how you overcame it" was one of them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay. On-the-spot offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop in September 2013.

It was a face-to-face interview during the seasonal hiring time. Sat down near the store entrance and the hiring manager read from a sheet of questions. I had a connection to someone who knew the manager, so I had that benefit of having a recommendation.

Interview Questions
    • An occasion in the work-place where I had to deal with an angry customer. I needed to think.   View Answer

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop in August 2013.

Hiring and interview was great. I really liked the manger. We just sat and talked. It didn't really feel like an interview which is what I liked. Hiring took a little while because of back ground check. After that it went fairly smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresh Meadows, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresh Meadows, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop.

I skipped the interview because I was a regular customer before an employee and eventually became the greatest asset to the Fresh Meadows location. I knew way more than enough to be kept on staff after the holiday year in which I was hired.

The paperwork itself is like most other jobs a few years ago. A huge packet of forms and information about the company, it's rules, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Since I didn't go through the interview process, I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer
    N/A

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

GameStop receives multiple applications daily.
    1. When picking up, or dropping off an application, dress for the job,
    2. Wait politely for a break in customers, before you ask for an application or drop one off.
    3. Do NOT, fill out the application at the store. This is just unprofessional.

Interviews are standard and laid back.
    Be professional.

Interview Questions
    • What experiences do you have that will be a benefit to our company?   View Answer

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GameStop in March 2013.

Filled out application online February 11 2013. got a call from a regional about 3 weeks later, and interviewed with two guys in the food court of the mall I didn't feel that it went well, and i usually interview pretty well... but 2 weeks later got a call from a store manager, had an interview 2 days later with him. he said the first two guys were impressed,and he asked usual questions, and got to know me a little more.
    They are more concerned with your selling abilities. They DO NOT care if you play games or not. Let them know that at other jobs, you always reached your goals, and gave great customer service. Don't think telling them that you have 5 games on reserve, or beat a game in a day, or have a retro collection at home will get you in because it will not.
    dress nice, be personable.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. I was not given my rate until i was already signing new hire paper work

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Extremely straight forward. Game Stop has a quota to make in regards to female associates. If you happen to actually play games, have a personable demeanor, and are outgoing enough to entice customers in buying add on products you're in.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer turned down your initial sales pitch?   Answer Question