GameStop Senior Game Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

2.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in August 2013.

Hiring and interview was great. I really liked the manger. We just sat and talked. It didn't really feel like an interview which is what I liked. Hiring took a little while because of back ground check. After that it went fairly smoothly.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I was brought to the company by a friend, and the interview process is as follows. there are a total or 3 interviews one with another ASM, one with a store manager, and then a final interview with the district manager of the store. there are not alot of leaps or surprises to the interview. but do not go in just bolstering you have played games for years, even though that helps this is a company that is strictly in the buisness of making money so be sure you make them totally aware of any past sales skills yiu have

You can negotiate pay somewhat but i didnt find this out until after the fact

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in September 2013.

It was a face-to-face interview during the seasonal hiring time. Sat down near the store entrance and the hiring manager read from a sheet of questions. I had a connection to someone who knew the manager, so I had that benefit of having a recommendation.

Interview Questions
    • An occasion in the work-place where I had to deal with an angry customer. I needed to think.   View Answer

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Don't really need any job experience to start out as a part-timer. Just be good with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just talk about challenges you have overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GameStop in September 2012.

I went to a job fair and was just very personable. You do not have to have a vast knowledge of gaming, but you need to be willing to learn quickly and efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a displease customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in May 2012.

When I was intervied it was a sort of competative group interview. There were two of us an we were explained details about the position and then asked questions in an almost comparative outloud test to see which one of us would of been the best fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably being asked to sell a product on the spot with the bits and pieces of information we were given on it. Difficult only because we had the pressure of employment riding on our answer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GameStop in May 2012.

Turned in my application to the SM and was immediately given an interview time. I guess I made a good first impression. During my interview it was laid back, mostly discussed what i'd be doing. I started out as a GA which is bottom of the totem poll so my job was super easy. it doesn't take much to alphabetize a wall of games. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was hard or unexpected. its an easy job, dress nice and act like you have common sense and your in.   Answer Question
    starting out as a GA you WILL make min wage. its an easy job it kinda fits. After i was promoted I started out as an SGA making 8.50

Senior Game Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GameStop in March 2013.

Filled out application online February 11 2013. got a call from a regional about 3 weeks later, and interviewed with two guys in the food court of the mall I didn't feel that it went well, and i usually interview pretty well... but 2 weeks later got a call from a store manager, had an interview 2 days later with him. he said the first two guys were impressed,and he asked usual questions, and got to know me a little more.
    They are more concerned with your selling abilities. They DO NOT care if you play games or not. Let them know that at other jobs, you always reached your goals, and gave great customer service. Don't think telling them that you have 5 games on reserve, or beat a game in a day, or have a retro collection at home will get you in because it will not.
    dress nice, be personable.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. I was not given my rate until i was already signing new hire paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop.

I was a frequent customer for months before snagging an interview. I became very familiar with the employees there who enjoyed talking with me about my purchases and my experiences with the products. The manager even enjoyed talking with me. After I graduated high school I applied for a job there and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • It's been years since the interview so I don't remember specifics, though the common retail question "Give us an example of when you faced hardship and how you overcame it" was one of them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay. On-the-spot offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresh Meadows, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresh Meadows, NY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at GameStop.

I skipped the interview because I was a regular customer before an employee and eventually became the greatest asset to the Fresh Meadows location. I knew way more than enough to be kept on staff after the holiday year in which I was hired.

The paperwork itself is like most other jobs a few years ago. A huge packet of forms and information about the company, it's rules, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Since I didn't go through the interview process, I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer
    N/A

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!