GameStop Senior Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process is nothing special. They ask you a much of questions like name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or someone you didn't know. And the in this situation what would do to calm the customer down and have them leave happy. My favorite is when they asked about how I would sell a customer on a certain item.

Interview Questions

• What do you personally bring to the company that would make you unique?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Interview

I was brought to the company by a friend, and the interview process is as follows. there are a total or 3 interviews one with another ASM, one with a store manager, and then a final interview with the district manager of the store. there are not alot of leaps or surprises to the interview. but do not go in just bolstering you have played games for years, even though that helps this is a company that is strictly in the buisness of making money so be sure you make them totally aware of any past sales skills yiu have

Negotiation

You can negotiate pay somewhat but i didnt find this out until after the fact

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Garner, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in store.
    Three weeks and got a call for an interview
    Standard interview. Retail history, management experience and gaming experience.
    Knowledge of industry and gaming components, systems and software.
    Sales experience and the ability to up sale and add on services.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't agree with management on a store decision how would you address your concern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. Budget only allows a certain rate of pay.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Interview

Don't really need any job experience to start out as a part-timer. Just be good with customers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just talk about challenges you have overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GameStop (West Chester, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the district manager and another store manager as they took turn asking me questions about different scenarios in a retail/sales business. We role played, and they gave great advice about how I could work my way up the ladder. I was actually interviewed at the same time as another applicant as they took turns asking us questions, which seemed odd at first but it was a good way to bounce ideas off of each other and get to know the roles of the job better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Ocean, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring, they had me come in and fill out a paper application. I called the next day, and they scheduled me for an interview with the store manager that day. Two days later, I had a phone interview with the regional manager, and that Monday, I met with him in person, where he formally offered me a pitiful amount of money and lousy hours, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at an objective.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I was a frequent customer for months before snagging an interview. I became very familiar with the employees there who enjoyed talking with me about my purchases and my experiences with the products. The manager even enjoyed talking with me. After I graduated high school I applied for a job there and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• It's been years since the interview so I don't remember specifics, though the common retail question "Give us an example of when you faced hardship and how you overcame it" was one of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. On-the-spot offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Pensacola, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a face-to-face interview during the seasonal hiring time. Sat down near the store entrance and the hiring manager read from a sheet of questions. I had a connection to someone who knew the manager, so I had that benefit of having a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• An occasion in the work-place where I had to deal with an angry customer. I needed to think.   1 Answer

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interview was great. I really liked the manger. We just sat and talked. It didn't really feel like an interview which is what I liked. Hiring took a little while because of back ground check. After that it went fairly smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresh Meadows, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GameStop (Fresh Meadows, NY).

Interview

I skipped the interview because I was a regular customer before an employee and eventually became the greatest asset to the Fresh Meadows location. I knew way more than enough to be kept on staff after the holiday year in which I was hired.

The paperwork itself is like most other jobs a few years ago. A huge packet of forms and information about the company, it's rules, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't go through the interview process, I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A