GameStop

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GameStop in January 2011.

Interview Details – The entire process consisted of 3 phone calls and one personal interview. The first interview focused on my experience and expertise in the area. The following calls had many software related problems, apparently many candidates where unable to solve basic programming questions. The last interview was much more technical and consisted on explaining how to solve several problems that the company had at the time. Also some general computer science concepts and basic problems were thrown in between keeping me on my toes.

Interview Question – Explain what is a web service, advantages of using ws, if I have debugged one and to explain how I could find errors in a existing one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was known before hand, so little negotiation room.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GameStop

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees and interview candidates.