GameStop Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Hr interview was more a review of my previous employment and reference check, then dm interview consisted of a discussion of basic interview questions then a more in depth conversation of a p&L.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions...
    why do you want to work here
    experience and customer service questions

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GameStop (Manassas, VA).

Interview

They brought me in and were curious to know if I had any other experience in retail or customer service. Wanted to gauge my knowledge of Video Game systems and games as well

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite game of all time?   2 Answers

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

My process was much more different than others. I came in looking for a seasonal job. After I asked for an application, the manager requested I come back the next day for the interview. After doing so, I was offered the job on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I became a Store Manager after moving up internally, I was an Assistant Manager at the time of my interview. My District Manager came in to the store while I was working and asked me about our P&L (Profit and Loss), I was able to discuss with her our strength and weaknesses as a store, and the direct impact it had on our profitability. While I was expecting to be pulled into the back room and question, she conducted her visit as she normally would and I inquired at the end "Was this my interview" and she said yes, and explained that I was at my best in my natural environment, and that pulling me into the back room would only make me nervous. It was far, far easier than I was expecting and I was promoted within the week.

Interview Questions

• I struggled with the question "What can you do to help the DISTRICT increase it's pre-owned sales?" I had been so focused on my own store as an ASM, I forgot that as a Store Manager, your focus must be on the district as a whole along with your own store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one, I attempted to negotiate my pay as I felt it was too low, but was turned down.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Phone tag, then meet with sore manager, move on to various district managers for interviews and wait for a position to come available. GameStop keeps a "Bench" They interview for positions they don't have open.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Softball interview. District manager followed a list of pre generated questions. Did not deviate from that. Seemed to be going through the motions or inexperienced at this. General questions were asked like What is best quality and worst quality?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for a slightly higher salary. Nothing difficult. Just asked and based on my experience they accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Best to apply through another person, such as a store manager. First interview was with District Manager who assessed understanding of company business model, management experience, and sales skills. Second interview was with another District manager who assessed mainly product knowledge and understanding of stakeholders and customer populations. Third interview was via phone with the Regional Director who asked about preceding areas plus questions about understanding of business plan and focus toward achieving multiple and complex long-term goals. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks from the time my resume and paper application were handed to the first interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated or unexpected. Questions about leadership and management behavioral experiences and examples. Most interesting question was about a favorite game and a time or example (roll-play) of how to sell it and about who to sell it to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary, but was offered a "yes/no" number below expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions such as "How would you handle a customer complaint?" and "Can you tell me more about your job history with so and so?" Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was originally offered what I was making at my current job at the time and I declined the offer from Gamestop since there was no point in changing jobs for the same pay. About 10 minutes later I received a call back with a $5,000 increase in the offer, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

Interviewed two different times, once with the district manager and then with a store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I knew a District Manager. All i did was make a phone call, i met with him and i was hired.. literally that simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

heres what i can pay you.. OK.