Gameloft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Interview

Programmer

Interviewed at Gameloft

Interview Details – The interview process is typical. Apply throughout the email, have phone interview at first, invite to take a two hour test and meet HR person. HR ask general questions and discuss how the company fits to you and vice versa.

Interview Question – There is no really difficult or unexpected questions. Test is all about basic computer language, algorithm and design pattern, ... etc.   Answer Question

Online Programmer Interview

Online Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gameloft.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email 2 weeks after sending in my application. They asked if I could take an online test in the field, then three days later I was sent a 3-hour test pertaining to the job I was applying for. The test itself was a bit lengthy and difficult if you weren't actually skilled for the job. I still haven't heard back!

Interview Question – Questions about open-source patching workflow   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Gameplay Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gameloft in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to take an on-site written test a week after I submitted my resume and the letter of intention online. It was myself staying in a public meeting room, doing a 3 hours' test with 25 questions concerning C++ fundamentals, UML, gameplays, and other 25 questions about the specific area you are applying for.

Interview Question – List 2 examples of using dot product and 2 examples of cross product in the gameplay.   View Answer

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gameloft in September 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process went well. Did a test, they brought me in to talk. Typical quick interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered 55k, I asked for 60, and they had to request 57k approval from Paris HQ. Seems weird that headqurters would have time approving a 3k difference and I've heard this story from other sources as well.

3D Artist Interview

3D Artist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gameloft in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1. They requested for an art test.
2. After art test reviewing they called for a phone interview from HR.
3. I'm sorry that I'm still on interview processing. After finish all of the processing, I'll post it later on.

Interview Question – Most questions are general but you need to interested in the company and their projects.   Answer Question

Senior 3D Animator Interview

Senior 3D Animator
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gameloft in December 2012.

Interview Details – Stage One: HR Recruiter responded to my application within 3 days and asked me to complete a technical test which consist of rigging a quadruped and a series of looped animation within 7 days.

Stage Two: Wait - The recruiter asked me to wait because it is coming to Christmas holidays and the art directors and producers will be away from work.

Well, fair enough but he NEVER replied after 1 month. I sent the recruiter an email only to get a response only 2 weeks later informing that the position had been filled. HOW UNPROFESSIONAL. At least correspond with me earlier if they decide to close the position and not keep me in suspense for a month. TERRIBLE.

Interview Question – Technical Animation Test. Applicants are required to complete RIGGING and ANIMATION problems. If you are not much of a rigger, you might have serious problem with this test.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gameloft.

Interview Details – 1. They email you about salary expectation
2. If they accept, they send you a test to do at home
3. If you do well, they call you for interview

Interview Question – What's the main purpose of classes / subclasses in OOP and how that related to Movie Clips (actionscript)   View Answer

Technical Game Analyst Interview

Technical Game Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gameloft in January 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after sending in my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I was asked to perform an Aptitude Test. This involved giving me a copy of a game made by the company with bugs and errors put into it. I was to find these errors, and fill out the report provided. After this was completed, an interview was conducted with 2 persons: The HR representative and the Studio Technical Director. They asked me what kind of software I was familiar with, as well as what I knew about the company and if I had tried any of their games. After having finished this process, I was surprised to get a phone call the next day with an offer for a job.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "How many kilobytes are in a megabyte?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not do any sort of negotiation, since I was applying for an entry-level position with little experience to use as leverage.

English Editor Interview

English Editor
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gameloft in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applicants are given an editing test of a sample game text file in the office, a phone interview, and finally an in-person interview with the HR recruiter and your potential team's lead and supervisor.

Interview Question – How would your previous employers describe you?   Answer Question

Flash Scripter Interview

Flash Scripter
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gameloft in August 2011.

Interview Details – After sending my resume and portfolio, I've been asked about salary expectation by email. Once I replied, I was asked to create a simple game in flash. After i submitted, I've been asked for a face to face interview where I've been asked several technical and analytical questions. The interview lasted about 1 hour, I was then contacted the 2nd day and had a job offer. I accepted the offer and I'm happy to join the team.

Interview Questions

Worked for Gameloft? Contribute to the Community!