Gameloft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

Intern Programmers Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gameloft.

Begin with a standard phone interview after applied online, asking why you interest in this program and some background in your resume, after the interview they send me online test with limited time (C++, 3D algorithms and OpenGL).

After a few weeks they told me I passed the online test and arranged a Skype interview with their local developer and technical leader, and the interview questions are still very standard behavior questions and it took about one hour. But after a month later I got rejected.

I think I didn't being well prepared for those questions because I thought it will a technical interview somehow, and they really want you fit in their position.

Interview Questions
    • Some OpenGL optimization questions in the online test.   Answer Question
    • After these years you learned C++, what do you think can C++ bring to game development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some examples of communication problems with your colleague in your previous work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

interviewed at Gameloft in March 2014.

I applied to the Concept Artist position in New Orleans, and 3 days later I received a friendly e-mail about setting up an interview date. The interviewer/recruiter was very professional, and the questions were pretty typical in my opinion. I immediately got the art test, and worked on it for a couple of weeks. The directions were clear and very descriptive. After I submitted it, I got an e-mail saying that they reviewed my test very carefully and their decision was to not move forward with me.

Concept Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gameloft.

Got an interview offer about a week after I applied online. I interviewed a little more than a week later and took an art test. After a few days they sent me an email saying they decided not to continue the process. They were very nice about the whole thing and the process was relatively painless.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary for the interview questions. Just the normal "tell me about yourself" sort of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gameloft in November 2013.

Normal questions such as: Why you choose art, Tell me about your working experiences, what is important for you when you work for a company, will you relocate, etc.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gameloft in June 2013.

First applied on the Gameloft website back in late Fall of 2012. Heard back in late March of 2013. Had 4 phone/Skype interviews over a period of 2 months. After the 4th and final Skype interview I was flown out to San Francisco and put up in a hotel for the night. The in person interview was about 2.5 hours long and consisted of talking to the same 4 people I spoke with previously and also meeting other key members of the North American team in SF. These conversations talked about the role in more depth, how I would handle a variety of situations and what I thought I'd bring to the Community Manager role that makes me the right fit. Overall it was a great experience, everyone was very friendly, open and honest about their experiences with Gameloft and what to expect.

If you are interviewed by Gameloft don't be overly worried if a phone call is very short. Two of my 4 phone calls/Skype calls were under 10 minutes, they are just very focused and get to the point! Answer to the best of your ability and you should be good!

Interview Questions
    • Questions involving working with the development team in Europe and the complications that may or may not come along with that.   Answer Question

Social Game Designer Interview

HR sent a test before the interview testing your past history with games, analytical skills of freemium games, and content creation. Then there was an interview at their office with a current designer and HR.

Interview Questions
    • How would you innovate the current mobile gaming industry?   Answer Question

Game Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gameloft in January 2013.

Met a recruiter at the careerfair, a few months later got an email offering an interview. Afterwards completed an assessment and another interview with the supervising manager.

offered a stipend, was able to negotiate up.

Graphics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gameloft in September 2012.

First there is an HR round
    Then they make you do a 3 hour online quiz
    Then there is a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Are you the top coder in class?
      Undergraduate GPA
        View Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gameloft in May 2012.

I applied on Gameloft's career site and was contacted within two weeks. After an HR interview with Gameloft New Orleans they determined I was "good to go" for a technical test, which I got emailed to me a week later. At this point I told them I was interested in graphics so I got the graphics test, and it was a doozy. I'm not a good test-taker but I did my best. It was four hours for about 100 questions, including some longer ones worth more points.

They got back to me and said I wasn't moving on, but it was very cordial and friendly. I had no hard feelings.

Imagine my surprise when I got a call a few months later saying that I was considered again! I was pleased that they remembered me. Because it was so close to the summer things moved along pretty quickly, and I got a technical interview in a few days. It was tough as well but I did better with it. It consisted of me talking to one guy about two or three open-ended questions and then what kind of work would be expected of me. I sensed that they were going to extend an offer at this point, so maybe they don't always go over the anticipated work.

I was offered the position but sadly I couldn't take it. I was anticipating a housing stipend to help my poor intern self out but it never came. With Louisiana minimum wage at 7 an hour, it just was too expensive of a move. Everybody was wonderful and the company looks like a blast but, well, I guess these things just happen.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by my technical interviewer about game design ideas, which is not my forte really. I think it was a good question to ask, but I wasn't ready for it.   Answer Question

The distance (New Jersey to New Orleans) with no housing stipend was too great.

Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gameloft in January 2012.

The whole process include phone call interview and some paper test. At first HR will arrange a call interview with you talking about your general information. Then you may have a paper test to finish, about one week. At last one final call interview with HR and team lead.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about your experience, like education and career.   Answer Question