Gamers

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gamers.

Interview Details – the hiring process is completely random, most of the time they are fully staffed. once a postion opens up. that would be the best time to turn in a app, otherwise your app will not be looked at. the interview is at the hiring managers discretion. some ask about past experience, some ask about you as a person.

Interview Question – what is your favorite video game? do not say Call of duty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they have a low base pay and there is no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gamers in June 2009.

Interview Details – I knew the store manager a bit just from being a customer there. It was my first job so I had no idea what to expect for the interview. Only had one interview with the manager, he was very laid back but the questions stumped me once in awhile as I had no idea what to expect. I was hired and asked to start that same evening which i was happy to do. The people who work there are very nice and it was a fun work environment. It was a good place to learn the basics of customer service and sales.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of game? Least favorite? Act like I am a customer who is asking about a game that you dislike, and sell it to me.   View Answer
  • Have you ever had experience in retail before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - just minimum wage. Assistant Managers dont even make much more than that. You get a small raise once a year~mine was about 15 cents.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gamers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gamers Team Member interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Gamers employees and interview candidates.