Gamesys Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

2.9

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Gamesys.

Very thorough, open conversation about role and plans for taking over the world. Interview was many years ago but values expressed to me during interview have not changed. Company came highly recommended by a friend. He was not lying when he said this place was cool, immediately feel in love.

Easy.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gamesys in May 2014.

HR Phone Call: HR called and said I had a good profile, so wanted to proceed with a phone interview. Asked a little abt me and my past experiences.
    Phone Interview: abt 10-15 mins, just a check on if i have done my homework on the company, and do I have a passion in my field.

After this, HR responded that they wanted to get a ftf interview, and finalised a date on mail, to which I replied that I am comfortable attending the interview on the date.
    When I reach to the office for the interview, I get to know that the HR did not conform to the Interview date with the panel. - This was the only negative thing in the whole process. Bad on HR impression.

f-t-f Interview: Good questions, and very friendly panel.
    HR Call: for Offer, and other details.

They asked what would be my expected salary, offered a little less, and would not do any negotiation beyond that.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gamesys in June 2013.

I applied through a recruiter, it took one week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular as the process was very defined, although I had to write a lot of code on paper.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through their official website by emailing my CV to the recruiter and then went for an interview day at their base in London.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gamesys in November 2011.

2 interviews.
    The first one with potential team members.
    The second one with the HR.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular as the process was very loosely defined.   Answer Question
    I problems from the start with the HR regarding competition between two recruitment agencies that had both submitted my CV. Apparently one he liked better than the other for reason he was the only one to know about ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gamesys in February 2013.

Had a friend who worked at the company who recommended me for the position. This may have made the process different for me than most. I had two phone interviews, then two in person interviews. Also spoke with HR people to get general questions answered (email & phone). Got a tour around the office. Friendly process, not high pressure or rushed at all.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know how you think. The idea is to walk through the thought process on a problem you've never thought about. Imagine a hypothetical situation and then verbalize the thought process you would use to solve the problem. Not a "brain teaser"--where you either know the answer or you don't, but one where you work it out in real time.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They asked for salary requirements and met them, towards the higher end of the range--at least in terms of total compensation (including expected bonuses).

Senior IOS Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gamesys.

Basic questions specific to Objective-C.

Interview Questions
    • DId not expect a technical interview, bad communication with the recruiter.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Gamesys in January 2011.

Phone interview, followed by f2f interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gamesys in October 2012.

I found the process of hiring and interview one of the quickest ever. I went through and agency but as soon as saying I was interested in the role a first interview was arranged and took place within 2 days.

The first interview was with the hiring manager only and was a very engaged dynamic conversation allowing me an opportunity to explain my background and goals as well ask alot of questions regarding the company and the role being purposed. This interview was just over and hour long.

I was then called back that afternoon to book a second interview. 1 week later I was traveling back to London for a second interview. This interview was just over two and half hours and was with a variety of different leads from the company, from HR, Technical, and also peers within the same team. A lot of questions were duplicated as I never had more than 2 people in the interview at the same time but this really gave me an opportunity to answer the same questions specifically for different departments but also ask different people there thoughts and experiences within the company which ultimately allowed me to decide if the company was a good fit for me personally.

After leaving the interview I was called within 2 hours to confirm the package I was expecting and then first thing the next day an offer was made to me which I excepted. In all the process from initial call to offer acceptance was less than 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • As a product owner would you select to build or buy a solution   View Answer
    I found this to be the quickest as I had gone through and agency and discussed my expectation in my interviews the offer exceed my expectations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Gamesys in October 2012.

The 2 interviews were roughly 2 hours long each, with a range of the team I'd be working with attending. Although I saw a large numer of people the process was friendly and conversational, though very indepth in terms of describing my skills and experience.

There was never more than 3 people at a time in the interview, and in total I saw around 10 people across the interviews. This did mean that questions were repeated, but as everyone had different backgrounds I was able to tailor my answers to each person, rather than just repeating myself.

The rooms for both interviews were nice, and getting there gave a good overview of the office, and a chance to look around on the way out.

They were able to swiftly offer me a 2nd interview, and then quickly offer me the role once the 2nd interview had finished, which was great - after being left waiting by other companys in the past.

Contracting was simple and painless, and the induction process was good. Happy to have started here.

Interview Questions
    • It was to describe what I saw the role as being, what I thought I would do in the role, and what I would bring to the role.   View Answer

Worked for Gamesys? Contribute to the Community!