Gander Mountain Firearms Sales Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.1

Firearms Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Gander Mountain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain in September 2013.

Went well. Easy. No hard questions. Standard interview, standard application process. asked background what qualifications you had product knowledge retail experience sales experience strengths weaknesses expectations work environment training process drug test paperwork

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it.

Firearm Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

Interview is pretty brief, you will be seated with a manager and they will ask you a few questions regarding your knowledge of customer service and what your past experiences in the field were and how you approach different situations, it's pretty basic and easy. I applied for a position in the hunting department and there was a written test involved which was also rather easy.

Interview Questions
    • For firearm/hunting associates, there is a written test on your knowledge of the department. It's about 3-4 pages long and asks you basic questions about types of firearms, optics, and different calibers suitable for hunting certain animals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

The Interview Process was great. I spoke with someone on the phone and then had a personal interview with an employee that works there. The process was not bad as there were no questions that i had difficulty with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you experienced a change in leadership and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question
    There is not a whole lot of room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain in July 2012.

Interview went quickly, there's a basic product knowledge test, and a sit down with the Compliance Officer, the Zone Supervisor, and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Fairly straight forward interview for a fairly straight forward job.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary or the like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2011.

Good hiring process. Thorough interview process and corporate training. Promise of positional training, but never followed through. Corporate training details many benefits available to employees with emphasis on open and encouraging access to all employees; failed to deliver on most simple benefit agreement.

Interview Questions
    • Situational/scenario questions concerning firearm sales, and ATF training.   Answer Question
    Not extensive. Offered a low, $8.25 hourly wage, and I requested higher amount. at $11.00/hour. Denied and told that all sales positions start at $8.00/hr. Needed a job so I took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2008.

They held a mirror under my nose to see if I was breathing. A few semi relevant questions were asked. I offered more info. and when I gave them some very relevant and useful credentials they totally ignored them and placed me in a totally different position. This is a company that doesn't pay attention to the skills and credentials that their employees might have. Instead, they just want brainless bodies they can plug in behind a counter or on the floor, the kind of place that makes Walmart look good.

Interview Questions
    Very bogus. A take it or leave it and don't tell any other assoc. or else we'll fire you.