Gander Mountain

Relevance Date Difficulty

Firearm Sales Interview

Firearm Sales
Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview is pretty brief, you will be seated with a manager and they will ask you a few questions regarding your knowledge of customer service and what your past experiences in the field were and how you approach different situations, it's pretty basic and easy. I applied for a position in the hunting department and there was a written test involved which was also rather easy.

Interview Question – For firearm/hunting associates, there is a written test on your knowledge of the department. It's about 3-4 pages long and asks you basic questions about types of firearms, optics, and different calibers suitable for hunting certain animals.   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview Process was great. I spoke with someone on the phone and then had a personal interview with an employee that works there. The process was not bad as there were no questions that i had difficulty with.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you experienced a change in leadership and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a whole lot of room for negotiation.

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gander Mountain in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview went quickly, there's a basic product knowledge test, and a sit down with the Compliance Officer, the Zone Supervisor, and the Store Manager.

Interview Question – None really. Fairly straight forward interview for a fairly straight forward job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary or the like.

Blaine, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2011.

Interview Details – Good hiring process. Thorough interview process and corporate training. Promise of positional training, but never followed through. Corporate training details many benefits available to employees with emphasis on open and encouraging access to all employees; failed to deliver on most simple benefit agreement.

Interview Question – Situational/scenario questions concerning firearm sales, and ATF training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not extensive. Offered a low, $8.25 hourly wage, and I requested higher amount. at $11.00/hour. Denied and told that all sales positions start at $8.00/hr. Needed a job so I took the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Middletown, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2008.

Interview Details – They held a mirror under my nose to see if I was breathing. A few semi relevant questions were asked. I offered more info. and when I gave them some very relevant and useful credentials they totally ignored them and placed me in a totally different position. This is a company that doesn't pay attention to the skills and credentials that their employees might have. Instead, they just want brainless bodies they can plug in behind a counter or on the floor, the kind of place that makes Walmart look good.

Interview Question – No questions of any relevance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bogus. A take it or leave it and don't tell any other assoc. or else we'll fire you.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gander Mountain

Worked for Gander Mountain? Contribute to the Community!