Gander Mountain Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2010.

Went smoothly we did interview at the job fair and a chance to ask whatever you need to know and share your own work experiences related to the posted positions. I was impressed with their employees team who interviewed us. I doubt any of them are still around.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cicero, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Two interview phase. First interview with assistant manager, then second interview with supervisor and store manager. Set list of questions only one based off of personal interest in store genera of work. then drug test same day.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to previous jobs and most challenging situations   Answer Question
    You can negotiate pay grade.

Zone Supervisor- Fishing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dickson City, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call about a week later. Had an interview with the hardlines manager. The interview with him was more a conversantional interview. That was immediately followed with the soft lines manager asking the situational questions (explain a time type). Then they had me sit down with the store manager that al so had a conversation interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you mange multiple tasks at once.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain.

1 interview, long waiting period, very basic questions during interview. If you apply online you really have to do some follow up work. I applied then had to wait almost a week before I called them and asked them if they had a chance to view my application.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to answer why you want to work in outdoor sporting goods   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in June 2014.

I was called and the interview was set up for a few days later. The interview was short and sweet. Seems to me they are desperate to get people in there. Was offered the job immediately. Interviewer was very nice and comfortable to be around.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Basic interview questions like "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer."   Answer Question
    I was told that with my experience the most she could offer was 8.50.

Anonymous Employee  in  Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2011.

asked alot of questions and took a long time to get back to me first was a phone interview where i was asked a series of questions and then after that i had an interview with a assistant manager. then i had to wait to talk to the store manager

found another job

Store Manager In Training Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in May 2014.

Recruiter was great. Very positive and informed. Asked basic management questions and let me know how process should work. District manager called as recruiter said he would but was obviously not into the process at all. Passed me off to a store manager which did not make since when I was a store manager applying for a store manager position? The store manager asked basic questions and wrote down about 4 things? Not in to it either? I had to keep on them to get the rejection notice.. Apparently my 20 years very successful big box (larger than theirs) was not appealing to them? Should have listened to my hunting buddies who said they stink:)

Receiving Supervisor Interview

They will call you for an interview, then if they like you, you will have a second with the store manager. From there you would go for your background and drug test. If you pass then you have two days of computer training to get done before you are allowed on the floor.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in April 2013.

Received a phone call from human resources, came in for the first interview with the store manager, and then back in for a second interview with the area manager. This is where I was offered the position by the second manager and the HR person.

Interview Questions
    • what is your experience with selling credit cards or the like?   View Answer
    nothing

Firearm Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

Applied online and received a call a week later. Went in to interview and was basically told what I would be doing, went and did a drug test and the next week I was training at customer service.

Interview Questions
    • I really wasn't asked much, I was really only asked about firearm and hunting knowledge.   Answer Question

Worked for Gander Mountain? Contribute to the Community!