Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.1

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Very long process. It was not because they are thorough, it was because they are not able to handle their turnover. It was always a group interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about examples of situations you have been in.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Apply, phone call, face to face interview, another call, drug test, training. Gander mountain really enforces the direct deposit which is nice and convenient, the process of setting up your ADP is kind of confusing

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual conversations exploring what I could bring and what their environment was like. I interviewed with the IT director, hiring manager and HR. Overall it was a very good experience.

Hardlines Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of staged questions. Was made comfortable about talking about hobbies and things other than work. The interview was about an hour long. There was time at the end to ask any questions that I had which was nice

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Myrtle Beach, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back simple interview in person. Store Manager even removed his suit jacket to appear comfortable. Online application takes a few hours and requests detailed information along with many questions that will be asked of you to answer at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Store manager veered away from "required" company questions and asked his own.   1 Answer

Bench Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Plan to be flown to St. Paul and back to wherever you live in one day. No matter how far it is. You would think if a company was going to go to the trouble and expense of doing that they would at least put you up for one night.

Interview Questions

• They asked several very "Gander Mountain" specific questions using a lot of their "lingo".   Answer Question

I had a bad perception of the company from day one. I've learned to trust my gut.

Sales Interview

Interview

Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Spring, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Came into the store, and had to wait about 10 to 15 mins before the HR person cam and got me for the interview. Once I got to the back the HR Manager talked with me about the company and the thing I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Asked if this was the type of company I would like to work for.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2014.

Interview

Basic questions. Very situational. Just trying to see what experience that previous jobs had given you. Was told about promotions but I am finding out that all are hired outside of company.