Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Sales Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Very laid back and friendly environment. Interview was on phone then at the office which was a two step back to back. Took about a week for a decision to be made. They kept in touch and informed throughout the week.

Interview Questions

• Very informal friendly questions almost like a get to know you meeting.   Answer Question

POS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company web site and then was contacted by human resources for an interview. A time was scheduled and I drove to the interview for multiple face to face interviews. One great thing was parking validation and parking in Saint Paul was easy and close to the location.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers followed the questions written on pieces of papers and most of the questions centered around experience in retail and troubleshooting POS with questions around other experiences of other experiences within the retail world at the store and corporate level. Added in was some worst case scenarios with some questions surrounding that scenario or to spook people out of the position. So I would say the interview is easy if one has the experience followed up with HR inquiries about HR related Q and A.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Very long process. It was not because they are thorough, it was because they are not able to handle their turnover. It was always a group interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about examples of situations you have been in.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

They give you two job interviews, one is with the sales manger. If you do good with that first interview you get one with the manger of the store. There looking mostly for personality but experience in camping, hunting is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gander Mountain?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Apply, phone call, face to face interview, another call, drug test, training. Gander mountain really enforces the direct deposit which is nice and convenient, the process of setting up your ADP is kind of confusing

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received call from recruiter within two days of submitting application. The phone interview was set up for a day or two later. After the phone interview, the first round of in person interviews occurred within a week and then second round occurred shortly after that. The overall interview process took approximately 2 1/2 weeks and I received an offer the same day as my second round of interviews. It was a quick and efficient process with excellent communication from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were a mix of behavioral based questions and questions to get to know me, to make sure I was a right fit for the company.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual conversations exploring what I could bring and what their environment was like. I interviewed with the IT director, hiring manager and HR. Overall it was a very good experience.

Zone Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Tedious. Lots of interviews, lots of questions. Lots of the same questions. Lots of empty promises. Lots of foreshadowing to how great it could be. Lots of time going back and forth to the interview location in order to meet the entire management staff. It was tiring. It was like being screened for treehouse membership.The overall experience was soul sucking.

Interview Questions

• Too many questions. They want to put you through a lot of pressure. A lot of rewording the same questions. A lot of your typical retail crud.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, and a lot of pressure to accept the offer ASAP.

Hardlines Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of staged questions. Was made comfortable about talking about hobbies and things other than work. The interview was about an hour long. There was time at the end to ask any questions that I had which was nice

Bench Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Plan to be flown to St. Paul and back to wherever you live in one day. No matter how far it is. You would think if a company was going to go to the trouble and expense of doing that they would at least put you up for one night.

Interview Questions

• They asked several very "Gander Mountain" specific questions using a lot of their "lingo".   Answer Question

I had a bad perception of the company from day one. I've learned to trust my gut.