Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gander Mountain
- Sales Associate (18)
- Firearms Sales (6)
- Fishing Sales Associate (2)
- Manager (2)
- Customer Service Associate (2)
- Operations Specialist (2)
- Inventory Analyst (2)
- Store Manager (2)
- Store Manager In Training (1)
- Sales (1)
- Distribution Specialist (1)
- Footwear Sales Associate (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Upper Management (1)
- Senior Network Engineer (1)
- Management (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Associate (1)
- Zone Manager (1)
- Apparel Sales Associate (1)
- Receiving Associate (1)
- Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Customer Service Lead (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Zone Supervisor (1)
- Archery Tech (1)
- Fishing Pt (1)
- Apparel Supervisor (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Apply, phone call, face to face interview, another call, drug test, training. Gander mountain really enforces the direct deposit which is nice and convenient, the process of setting up your ADP is kind of confusing
- Why gander mountain 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.
Very casual conversations exploring what I could bring and what their environment was like. I interviewed with the IT director, hiring manager and HR. Overall it was a very good experience.
- How I would approach a WAN redesign. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.
Plan to be flown to St. Paul and back to wherever you live in one day. No matter how far it is. You would think if a company was going to go to the trouble and expense of doing that they would at least put you up for one night.
- They asked several very "Gander Mountain" specific questions using a lot of their "lingo". Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I had a bad perception of the company from day one. I've learned to trust my gut.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Myrtle Beach, SC) in January 2015.
Laid back simple interview in person. Store Manager even removed his suit jacket to appear comfortable. Online application takes a few hours and requests detailed information along with many questions that will be asked of you to answer at your interview.
- Store manager veered away from "required" company questions and asked his own. 1 Answer
Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.
There was no negotiation phase
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.
I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.
- Nothing was really all the unexpected or difficult. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2014.
Basic questions. Very situational. Just trying to see what experience that previous jobs had given you. Was told about promotions but I am finding out that all are hired outside of company.
- How do you handle working by yourself? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).
Interviewed with 4 people, 1SVP. , 2 directors and 1EVP
Interview was held in the corporate headquarters " base camp". 1/2 hour for each interview.
It is good to go to a store and the competition prior to the interview. They are interested in Bass Pro,Academy and Cabelas. If you come from Best Buy or Target,expect the job to be much broader than what you gave been accustomed to.
- Nothing unexpected Answer Question
Yes, I was able to negotiate
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Indianapolis, IN).
You will be interviewed at least 3 times. I would suggest you get everything in writing. Each interviewer will ask a series of different questions, answer best you can. Each interview will take 30 - 45 min. ( that was my experience ).
- The integrity questions Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Gander Mountain.
Did two phone interviews after being contacted by a recruiter. Was told that I was being pushed to the next level and would hear something soon. Everyone seemed upbeat and happy to work at Gander Mtn
- How do you prioritize your day? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review