Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Apply, phone call, face to face interview, another call, drug test, training. Gander mountain really enforces the direct deposit which is nice and convenient, the process of setting up your ADP is kind of confusing

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual conversations exploring what I could bring and what their environment was like. I interviewed with the IT director, hiring manager and HR. Overall it was a very good experience.

Bench Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Plan to be flown to St. Paul and back to wherever you live in one day. No matter how far it is. You would think if a company was going to go to the trouble and expense of doing that they would at least put you up for one night.

Interview Questions

• They asked several very "Gander Mountain" specific questions using a lot of their "lingo".   Answer Question

I had a bad perception of the company from day one. I've learned to trust my gut.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Myrtle Beach, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back simple interview in person. Store Manager even removed his suit jacket to appear comfortable. Online application takes a few hours and requests detailed information along with many questions that will be asked of you to answer at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Store manager veered away from "required" company questions and asked his own.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2014.

Interview

Basic questions. Very situational. Just trying to see what experience that previous jobs had given you. Was told about promotions but I am finding out that all are hired outside of company.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people, 1SVP. , 2 directors and 1EVP
    Interview was held in the corporate headquarters " base camp". 1/2 hour for each interview.
    It is good to go to a store and the competition prior to the interview. They are interested in Bass Pro,Academy and Cabelas. If you come from Best Buy or Target,expect the job to be much broader than what you gave been accustomed to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Gander Mountain (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You will be interviewed at least 3 times. I would suggest you get everything in writing. Each interviewer will ask a series of different questions, answer best you can. Each interview will take 30 - 45 min. ( that was my experience ).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Did two phone interviews after being contacted by a recruiter. Was told that I was being pushed to the next level and would hear something soon. Everyone seemed upbeat and happy to work at Gander Mtn