Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.1

Manager Interview

The interview process was brief. I had an interview scheduled and waited for over an hour to meet with a manager. Afterwords, I would be contacted by another manager to inform me that it would be a couple of weeks to for them to screen the other candidates. I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How many Gander Mountain stores are there? An obvious question but a good one.   Answer Question

BATF Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

I completed an online application and was contacted within a couple of days to schedule an in store interview. I arrived early for my appointment purposely so that I could familiarize myself with the store layout and the items they have on display. When I went to the office for my scheduled interview, I was told the guy was too busy to see me at that time and could I return in five hours to interview with the firearms lead person. I drove nearly one hour from my home to this store so I was a little miffed when told to come back but since I was really wanting the job, I smiled and graciously agreed to return at that time.
    Arriving at the rescheduled time, I was told the interviewer had left early but the lead person would be there shortly and I should speak with him. When we finally met he seemed quite surprised that I was to told to speak with him about the BATF job because that position was not within his (firearms) department. This person was quite apologetic, he took my name and contact information and assured me that the individual who was in charge of the specified job would be contacting me on the following Monday, (this was on a Friday).
    On Monday, I didn't get the call. Not on Tuesday either nor did I receive any calls from anyone at Gander Mountain since.

Interview Questions
    • Could I return in five hours because the interviewer was too busy to see me. Then after arriving at my second scheduled interview, the person (interviewer) left early.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2011.

asked alot of questions and took a long time to get back to me first was a phone interview where i was asked a series of questions and then after that i had an interview with a assistant manager. then i had to wait to talk to the store manager

found another job

Receiving Supervisor Interview

They will call you for an interview, then if they like you, you will have a second with the store manager. From there you would go for your background and drug test. If you pass then you have two days of computer training to get done before you are allowed on the floor.

Sales Interview

Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.

There was no negotiation phase

Firearms Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2014.

Basic questions. Very situational. Just trying to see what experience that previous jobs had given you. Was told about promotions but I am finding out that all are hired outside of company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain in June 2014.

I was called and the interview was set up for a few days later. The interview was short and sweet. Seems to me they are desperate to get people in there. Was offered the job immediately. Interviewer was very nice and comfortable to be around.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Basic interview questions like "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer."   Answer Question
    I was told that with my experience the most she could offer was 8.50.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

1 interview, long waiting period, very basic questions during interview. If you apply online you really have to do some follow up work. I applied then had to wait almost a week before I called them and asked them if they had a chance to view my application.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to answer why you want to work in outdoor sporting goods   Answer Question

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2013.

I filled out an on-line application, was called 3 days after for an interview. The interview was very casual, more of a conversation. It was a mass hiring event for a new store so I was offered a position on the spot, filled out some HR paperwork and received a schedule for training and an address to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, basically just an evaluation to see if your interests and experience would benefit the company   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Base pay plus commission.