Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.2

Sales Interview

Interview

Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Geneva, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

asked alot of questions and took a long time to get back to me first was a phone interview where i was asked a series of questions and then after that i had an interview with a assistant manager. then i had to wait to talk to the store manager

found another job

Receiving Supervisor Interview

Interview

They will call you for an interview, then if they like you, you will have a second with the store manager. From there you would go for your background and drug test. If you pass then you have two days of computer training to get done before you are allowed on the floor.

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief. I had an interview scheduled and waited for over an hour to meet with a manager. Afterwords, I would be contacted by another manager to inform me that it would be a couple of weeks to for them to screen the other candidates. I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How many Gander Mountain stores are there? An obvious question but a good one.   Answer Question

BATF Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Woodbury, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

I completed an online application and was contacted within a couple of days to schedule an in store interview. I arrived early for my appointment purposely so that I could familiarize myself with the store layout and the items they have on display. When I went to the office for my scheduled interview, I was told the guy was too busy to see me at that time and could I return in five hours to interview with the firearms lead person. I drove nearly one hour from my home to this store so I was a little miffed when told to come back but since I was really wanting the job, I smiled and graciously agreed to return at that time. Arriving at the rescheduled time, I was told the interviewer had left early but the lead person would be there shortly and I should speak with him. When we finally met he seemed quite surprised that I was to told to speak with him about the BATF job because that position was not within his (firearms) department. This person was quite apologetic, he took my name and contact information and assured me that the individual who was in charge of the specified job would be contacting me on the following Monday, (this was on a Friday). On Monday, I didn't get the call. Not on Tuesday either nor did I receive any calls from anyone at Gander Mountain since.

Interview Questions

• Could I return in five hours because the interviewer was too busy to see me. Then after arriving at my second scheduled interview, the person (interviewer) left early.   1 Answer

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an on-line application, was called 3 days after for an interview. The interview was very casual, more of a conversation. It was a mass hiring event for a new store so I was offered a position on the spot, filled out some HR paperwork and received a schedule for training and an address to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, basically just an evaluation to see if your interests and experience would benefit the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Base pay plus commission.

POS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company web site and then was contacted by human resources for an interview. A time was scheduled and I drove to the interview for multiple face to face interviews. One great thing was parking validation and parking in Saint Paul was easy and close to the location.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers followed the questions written on pieces of papers and most of the questions centered around experience in retail and troubleshooting POS with questions around other experiences of other experiences within the retail world at the store and corporate level. Added in was some worst case scenarios with some questions surrounding that scenario or to spook people out of the position. So I would say the interview is easy if one has the experience followed up with HR inquiries about HR related Q and A.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Spring, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Came into the store, and had to wait about 10 to 15 mins before the HR person cam and got me for the interview. Once I got to the back the HR Manager talked with me about the company and the thing I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Asked if this was the type of company I would like to work for.   1 Answer

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Woodbridge, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Only a few questions asked. The manager that interviewed me hired me on the spot. Very basic interview. Only had to interview with one person. However they do not train you on the policies very well

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Waukesha, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a easy interview. The questions asked were not even job related. They were just eager to get people in to work. It was done in an open office where other workers were talking and having conversations. Hard to concentrate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation