Gander Mountain

49 candidate interviews

BATF Associate Interview

BATF Associate
Woodbury, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

Interview Details – I completed an online application and was contacted within a couple of days to schedule an in store interview. I arrived early for my appointment purposely so that I could familiarize myself with the store layout and the items they have on display. When I went to the office for my scheduled interview, I was told the guy was too busy to see me at that time and could I return in five hours to interview with the firearms lead person. I drove nearly one hour from my home to this store so I was a little miffed when told to come back but since I was really wanting the job, I smiled and graciously agreed to return at that time.
Arriving at the rescheduled time, I was told the interviewer had left early but the lead person would be there shortly and I should speak with him. When we finally met he seemed quite surprised that I was to told to speak with him about the BATF job because that position was not within his (firearms) department. This person was quite apologetic, he took my name and contact information and assured me that the individual who was in charge of the specified job would be contacting me on the following Monday, (this was on a Friday).
On Monday, I didn't get the call. Not on Tuesday either nor did I receive any calls from anyone at Gander Mountain since.

Interview Question – Could I return in five hours because the interviewer was too busy to see me. Then after arriving at my second scheduled interview, the person (interviewer) left early.   View Answer

Geneva, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2011.

Interview Details – asked alot of questions and took a long time to get back to me first was a phone interview where i was asked a series of questions and then after that i had an interview with a assistant manager. then i had to wait to talk to the store manager

Interview Question – what i did in a tense situation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – found another job

Receiving Supervisor Interview

Receiving Supervisor

Interviewed at Gander Mountain

Interview Details – They will call you for an interview, then if they like you, you will have a second with the store manager. From there you would go for your background and drug test. If you pass then you have two days of computer training to get done before you are allowed on the floor.

Interview Question – Don't remember any difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Gander Mountain

Interview Details – The interview process was brief. I had an interview scheduled and waited for over an hour to meet with a manager. Afterwords, I would be contacted by another manager to inform me that it would be a couple of weeks to for them to screen the other candidates. I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Question – How many Gander Mountain stores are there? An obvious question but a good one.   Answer Question

Archery Tech Interview

Archery Tech
Paducah, KY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. It took almost a month before I was called in. The interview was very straightforward. They didn't ask any technical questions at all and told me product and outdoors knowledge wasn't necessary. They offered me a job at the interview. I took a drug test and background check that took another two weeks to conclude. I've been working there since December 2012.

Interview Question – The only unexpected thing was not being asked about my outdoor expertise at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Firearm Sales Associate Interview

Firearm Sales Associate
Amarillo, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call a week later. Went in to interview and was basically told what I would be doing, went and did a drug test and the next week I was training at customer service.

Interview Question – I really wasn't asked much, I was really only asked about firearm and hunting knowledge.   Answer Question

Fishing Sales Interview

Fishing Sales
Greenwood, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very infornal jokes and laughed with the strore manager. asked very easy questions, what do i do how much fishing expierence do i have what kind of fishing knowledge of product. What do i want from gander mountain? easy stuff

Interview Question – None all realy easy informal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation really, he offered, i said i cant do that, toild him what i needed we both agreed.

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called and the interview was set up for a few days later. The interview was short and sweet. Seems to me they are desperate to get people in there. Was offered the job immediately. Interviewer was very nice and comfortable to be around.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Basic interview questions like "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that with my experience the most she could offer was 8.50.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview Details – 1 interview, long waiting period, very basic questions during interview. If you apply online you really have to do some follow up work. I applied then had to wait almost a week before I called them and asked them if they had a chance to view my application.

Interview Question – be prepared to answer why you want to work in outdoor sporting goods   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview Details – I was called and given the date of my interview. I sat in front of a manager level employee and was asked 4-6 questions. All questions can be found by reading past interviews on this site. I was entirely prepared for the interview thanks to this website.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you did outdoors and what equipment did you use?   View Answer
  • What's your most memorable outdoors experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was hired on the spot. They claimed there were a lot of people that applied and were denied but I doubt it. I did really well in my interview but I know of many employees who had mediocre interviews and still got hired on the spot.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gander Mountain

Worked for Gander Mountain? Contribute to the Community!