Gander Mountain

2.1

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain in September 2013.

Went well. Easy. No hard questions. Standard interview, standard application process. asked background what qualifications you had product knowledge retail experience sales experience strengths weaknesses expectations work environment training process drug test paperwork

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Not really an interview. There was no interview process. I was asked to come in and take a drug test after being asked two questions. There was nothing, at all, in any way, more than that.

There was no negotiation phase

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain in May 2013.

I submitted an online application before the new store opened. Was contacted about 2 days later for an interview. Had an interview with the SM and a zone manager. Once the first interview was conducted, another follow up interview the next day was conducted. After the 2nd interview, they contacted with offer of employment contingent upon a background and drug screen initiated within 24 hours of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to organize a group of people to get a job done?   Answer Question
    I was offered less than what I wanted. I asked for slightly higher over the phone and was given what I asked for.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain in July 2014.

It was pretty simple. I went into the store and just happened to meet with the manager on the sales floor. He told me I needed to fill out an online application, which I did, and they called me that day. It was only one interview with my immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard for a retail job. There was nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation. Everyone starts at the same rate.

Firearms Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interviewed with 4 people, 1SVP. , 2 directors and 1EVP
    Interview was held in the corporate headquarters " base camp". 1/2 hour for each interview.
    It is good to go to a store and the competition prior to the interview. They are interested in Bass Pro,Academy and Cabelas. If you come from Best Buy or Target,expect the job to be much broader than what you gave been accustomed to.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Gander Mountain.

You will be interviewed at least 3 times. I would suggest you get everything in writing. Each interviewer will ask a series of different questions, answer best you can. Each interview will take 30 - 45 min. ( that was my experience ).

short

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Did two phone interviews after being contacted by a recruiter. Was told that I was being pushed to the next level and would hear something soon. Everyone seemed upbeat and happy to work at Gander Mtn

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2010.

Went smoothly we did interview at the job fair and a chance to ask whatever you need to know and share your own work experiences related to the posted positions. I was impressed with their employees team who interviewed us. I doubt any of them are still around.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Two interview phase. First interview with assistant manager, then second interview with supervisor and store manager. Set list of questions only one based off of personal interest in store genera of work. then drug test same day.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to previous jobs and most challenging situations   Answer Question
    You can negotiate pay grade.