Gander Mountain Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.1

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Asked about previous work experience, firearms knowledge, etc. make sure you know what you're talking about (or be a young girl apparently) and you'll get the job. They seem to have decent turnover due to poor hours. Management was average, with some being very helpful. Store was remodeled shortly after hire and was able to work overnights.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of shooting activities do you participate in or have knowledge of?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Very long process. It was not because they are thorough, it was because they are not able to handle their turnover. It was always a group interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about examples of situations you have been in.   Answer Question

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Joliet, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was interesting because there were people there interviewing for multiple positions so it really lessened the competition in a way. This also made it a bit more difficult to get full description of the job because the position I was interviewing for was not the sole focus of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard why are you here and what makes you qualified.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Took 3 months and interviewed 4 times - Standard retail situational questions. Phone, Traveled to a few interviews and the fly up to MN. Need to prepare with selling process discussion. Being able to overcome objections and selling credit apps and protection plans. These are all the company cares about.

Interview Questions

• Discussed the "Selling Process"   1 Answer

Hardlines Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of staged questions. Was made comfortable about talking about hobbies and things other than work. The interview was about an hour long. There was time at the end to ask any questions that I had which was nice

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

The Interview process was quick and painless. Walked in sat down with a assistant manger and went through traditional interview questions. When she was satisfied she went and got the general manager who sat in with me and started going over questions about my experience with outdoors and how i would handle different selling situations.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Spring, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Came into the store, and had to wait about 10 to 15 mins before the HR person cam and got me for the interview. Once I got to the back the HR Manager talked with me about the company and the thing I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Asked if this was the type of company I would like to work for.   1 Answer

Bench Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Plan to be flown to St. Paul and back to wherever you live in one day. No matter how far it is. You would think if a company was going to go to the trouble and expense of doing that they would at least put you up for one night.

Interview Questions

• They asked several very "Gander Mountain" specific questions using a lot of their "lingo".   Answer Question

I had a bad perception of the company from day one. I've learned to trust my gut.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual conversations exploring what I could bring and what their environment was like. I interviewed with the IT director, hiring manager and HR. Overall it was a very good experience.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Apply, phone call, face to face interview, another call, drug test, training. Gander mountain really enforces the direct deposit which is nice and convenient, the process of setting up your ADP is kind of confusing