Gander Mountain Interview Questions

2.0

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in April 2013.

Received a phone call from human resources, came in for the first interview with the store manager, and then back in for a second interview with the area manager. This is where I was offered the position by the second manager and the HR person.

Interview Questions
    • what is your experience with selling credit cards or the like?   View Answer
    nothing

Firearm Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in January 2013.

Applied online and received a call a week later. Went in to interview and was basically told what I would be doing, went and did a drug test and the next week I was training at customer service.

Interview Questions
    • I really wasn't asked much, I was really only asked about firearm and hunting knowledge.   Answer Question

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Chute, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Chute, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2014.

I applied online on a Monday night and got a call the next day to set up the interview, I decided on that Thursday. When I got there, the front desk was very nice and called the manager to let him know I was there. Went into his office and talked about why I wanted to work there and about my previous jobs. He then called in an associate to do another interview with me. That associate was going to have another come in but she was busy with a customer so that was the end of the interview process. It was a very calm process that lasted maybe at most 20 minuets.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most difficult time handling tasks and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2014.

There were two interviews. The first was with the department manager and the second was with the store manager. They basically asked questions about what I had done in the past and what my availability was.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a change in direction.   View Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in May 2012.

I submitted my application online. Within 3 weeks I received a call about an interview. I met with one manager, and then later with a second manager. Both asked similar questions, like "how do you approach a customer" and "what is your favorite outdoor memory?" Mostly I was asked about other retail experiences and how I handled situations. After both interviews, I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how to approach a customer and begin to make a sale.   View Answer
    They offered me $7,50 and hour, but I was offered $8.25 at my previous positions doing the same job. The manager approved me for $8.25 and hour base plus commission.

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Gander Mountain in October 2013.

I filled out an on-line application, was called 3 days after for an interview. The interview was very casual, more of a conversation. It was a mass hiring event for a new store so I was offered a position on the spot, filled out some HR paperwork and received a schedule for training and an address to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, basically just an evaluation to see if your interests and experience would benefit the company   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Base pay plus commission.

Firearm Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

Interview is pretty brief, you will be seated with a manager and they will ask you a few questions regarding your knowledge of customer service and what your past experiences in the field were and how you approach different situations, it's pretty basic and easy. I applied for a position in the hunting department and there was a written test involved which was also rather easy.

Interview Questions
    • For firearm/hunting associates, there is a written test on your knowledge of the department. It's about 3-4 pages long and asks you basic questions about types of firearms, optics, and different calibers suitable for hunting certain animals.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gander Mountain.

I was called and given the date of my interview. I sat in front of a manager level employee and was asked 4-6 questions. All questions can be found by reading past interviews on this site. I was entirely prepared for the interview thanks to this website.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something you did outdoors and what equipment did you use?   View Answer
    • What's your most memorable outdoors experience?   View Answer
    I was hired on the spot. They claimed there were a lot of people that applied and were denied but I doubt it. I did really well in my interview but I know of many employees who had mediocre interviews and still got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gander Mountain in September 2013.

There is a brand new store opening here Nov '13 and I applied online. It took 2 months to hear back, but UI got an interview. I was called and I set up an appointment. The interview lasted 10 minutes tops. It was a very relaxed environment. I felt overdressed in my dress shirt and tie. The interview lasted maybe 10-15 minutes tops. I was told I would hear back by the end of last week and heard nothing.

BATF Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gander Mountain in August 2013.

I completed an online application and was contacted within a couple of days to schedule an in store interview. I arrived early for my appointment purposely so that I could familiarize myself with the store layout and the items they have on display. When I went to the office for my scheduled interview, I was told the guy was too busy to see me at that time and could I return in five hours to interview with the firearms lead person. I drove nearly one hour from my home to this store so I was a little miffed when told to come back but since I was really wanting the job, I smiled and graciously agreed to return at that time.
    Arriving at the rescheduled time, I was told the interviewer had left early but the lead person would be there shortly and I should speak with him. When we finally met he seemed quite surprised that I was to told to speak with him about the BATF job because that position was not within his (firearms) department. This person was quite apologetic, he took my name and contact information and assured me that the individual who was in charge of the specified job would be contacting me on the following Monday, (this was on a Friday).
    On Monday, I didn't get the call. Not on Tuesday either nor did I receive any calls from anyone at Gander Mountain since.

Interview Questions
    • Could I return in five hours because the interviewer was too busy to see me. Then after arriving at my second scheduled interview, the person (interviewer) left early.   View Answer