Gannett

59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

HRIS Coordinator Interview

HRIS Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gannett in July 2014.

Interview Details – Everyone involved in the interview process was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Kept me updated on further interview status frequently via email. I was given clear instructions about what to expect upon arrival. I was introduced to many individuals throughout my visit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do   Answer Question

Staff Writer Interview

Staff Writer
Bethany Beach, DE

Interviewed at Gannett

Interview Details – Interviewed twice, once in OC, once in Bethany for job in Bethany Beach. Had to go to Salisbury for a drug test (mouth swab) and get a driving record completed at the DMV. The editor who hired me seemed friendly and nice, only after I was hired did I find out she was unexperienced with questionable news judgement.

Traffic Specialist Interview

Traffic Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Gannett.

Interview Details – I had a three person panel interview. There were no real trick wuestions. I would say that they want
someone with experience working with Wide Orbit. It was not a very stressful interview. I am hoping to get a call bak or offer soon. I think the interview went well.

Interview Question – What are some of your worst qualities   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ruby On Rails Interview

Ruby On Rails
Washington, DC

Interviewed at Gannett

Interview Details – Interviewer doesn't care what you know, how hard you work or how much grit you may have. Either you solve his 3 puzzles or you go home. That's the interview.

Interview Question – Playing around in the command line   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Gannett.

Interview Details – long long long. interviewed four times plus took tests. Interviews were rescheduled twice. interviewer seemed unprepared. the questions asked at different interviews by different people seemed redundant and canned.

Interview Question – what would I have changed about my last job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gannett in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a formeer co-worker who now worked at this company, I had a bit of coaching from a previous employee who was also working at the company. He knew the guy I was working for and gave me a insight into some of the answers he would want to hear.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was my plan to pursue new business   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked if that was their best offer and referenced my experience

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gannett.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with future boss, then awkward second interview with some other members of the office. Overall not a bad experience, but I definitely walked out each time feeling like a country bumpkin (which I later discovered the hard way was just the overall culture of the company).

Interview Question – There really weren't any unusual questions....nothing out of the ordinary as far as an interview.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Specialist Interview

Digital Sales Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gannett in April 2014.

Interview Details – Originally, the process seemed to going well. I applied for the position. The Director of Digital Sales reached out to me, we scheduled a phone interview. For the initial phone interview, she was "tied up" with a client and asked to reschedule it. I was accommodating and rescheduled it. She actually remembered and called me. It went well, and we scheduled a face to face interview. It went well. She introduced me to a Local Sales Manager, the Director of Sales and two Account Executives. I had another phone interview with someone located in New York. It seemed to go well. Then I waited, and waited. I reached to check the status of the position. I didn't hear back from anyone. I checked the website today, and learned that it was filled. My issue is not that I did not get the job, but when a person goes through as many hurdles as I did, it would be nice to at least be informed that a decision was made.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, they were average.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gannett.

Interview Details – Recruited by email - process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negociable

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gannett in August 2012.

Interview Details – Three part process, phone, role play, and in person

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Worked for Gannett? Contribute to the Community!