Gannett Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.9

News Reporter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Phone interview with editor then a meet with editor and managing editor face to face. They asked for and checked references. Writing test. Some sitting around waiting for the next person to become available for interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Typical questions about work history. The interview process was a breeze.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethany Beach, DE

Interview

Interviewed twice, once in OC, once in Bethany for job in Bethany Beach. Had to go to Salisbury for a drug test (mouth swab) and get a driving record completed at the DMV. The editor who hired me seemed friendly and nice, only after I was hired did I find out she was unexperienced with questionable news judgement.

Traffic Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

I had a three person panel interview. There were no real trick wuestions. I would say that they want
    someone with experience working with Wide Orbit. It was not a very stressful interview. I am hoping to get a call bak or offer soon. I think the interview went well.

HRIS Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gannett in July 2014.

Interview

Everyone involved in the interview process was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Kept me updated on further interview status frequently via email. I was given clear instructions about what to expect upon arrival. I was introduced to many individuals throughout my visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gannett (Nashville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Loved the hiring manager, she seemed like she would be great to work for. The interview process was fairly brief and to the point, no complaints there. However, in my initial application, I provided salary history and salary expectations, which they must have completely overlooked. When it came time to make me an offer, they offered me significantly less than I currently make and acted surprised when the amount offered was not satisfactory. I'm not sure why they moved me through the whole process, knowing that the position was not within my salary range.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would go about gathering data for a client presentation.   Answer Question

Salary offered was not in line with initial expectations.

Ruby On Rails Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

Interviewer doesn't care what you know, how hard you work or how much grit you may have. Either you solve his 3 puzzles or you go home. That's the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gannett.

Interview

long long long. interviewed four times plus took tests. Interviews were rescheduled twice. interviewer seemed unprepared. the questions asked at different interviews by different people seemed redundant and canned.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there were no negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with future boss, then awkward second interview with some other members of the office. Overall not a bad experience, but I definitely walked out each time feeling like a country bumpkin (which I later discovered the hard way was just the overall culture of the company).

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unusual questions....nothing out of the ordinary as far as an interview.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Recruited by email - process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negociable

Digital Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gannett (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally, the process seemed to going well. I applied for the position. The Director of Digital Sales reached out to me, we scheduled a phone interview. For the initial phone interview, she was "tied up" with a client and asked to reschedule it. I was accommodating and rescheduled it. She actually remembered and called me. It went well, and we scheduled a face to face interview. It went well. She introduced me to a Local Sales Manager, the Director of Sales and two Account Executives. I had another phone interview with someone located in New York. It seemed to go well. Then I waited, and waited. I reached to check the status of the position. I didn't hear back from anyone. I checked the website today, and learned that it was filled. My issue is not that I did not get the job, but when a person goes through as many hurdles as I did, it would be nice to at least be informed that a decision was made.