Ganz Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
12 interviews

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ganz.

A phone call followed by a face to face interview in my territory. Hired on the spot by the VP of sales at the time, sent one week later to Atlanta for a weak 3 day training. Very high rate of turn-over company wide. Not one of my district or regional managers remained the same person in my tenure. "Training" provides some materials and insight, but it is a job you'll be doing alone. Be Prepared! Good Luck!

N/A!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ganz in March 2009.

Usually screened by HR and interviewed by phone, then senior management interviews you once or twice depending on experience.

Interview Questions
    • They will open their catalog with product and ask you to sell it to them on the spot.   View Answer
    set

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ganz.

I interviewed with the Director of Sales and they explained the salary is $30,000. You have to sell $350,000 a year before you receive full commissions. I declined further interviews at that time as they believe the maximum the territory will get to in time is $500,000.

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ganz in February 2013.

I received a telephone interview from HR. She was very polite and informative. Upon my face to face interview (which was like last minute) The sales director of sales was very unprofessional and rude. All of the reviews are true. You get a call from them RUN!!!

Interview Questions
    • She didn't ask many questions, I asked most of them and she didn't want to answer. Her body language was she made her decision about me when I walked in the room. The most odd interview I've ever had in my professional career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ganz in February 2011.

A recruiter for the company called me and was very nice we spoke for 30 mins. She then emailed me two and a half pages of questions very detailed. The Sales manager called and was very rude and said "I like to push buttons do you still wnat to interview" I had to drive over 1hr and 30 mins in New Jersey to his hotel. He was to the point no personality and just fired a bunch of questions at me and kept looking at the clock above my head since he had another interview right after me.

Technical Artist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Ganz.

Interview, over the phone then with dept head

acceptable

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ganz in March 2012.

Submitted my resume/cover letter via email to HQ.
    Received a phone call the very next day from HR in Atlanta. We talked about 45 minutes for an introductory interview. She asked about my background, reasons for wanting to work at Ganz, what I knew about the company, etc. She was very courteous and professional. She was very candid about the positions - I even asked her about concerns I had seen posted on this website about this very job and she answered all my questions openly. She emailed me a questionnaire to be completed and sent back.

The questionnaire was about two pages with long-answer questions about my sales style and experiences. I wrote about a paragraph or two on each question and emailed it back. She forward my info to the hiring manager.

The hiring manager set up an interview with me 1 1/2 hours away (but she actually drove 3 hours for the interview, then 3 hours back to her home state). I met the hiring manager in a hotel and we discussed my questionnaire, the job requirements, my concerns and questions. She was courteous but intense. Politely friendly but not very warm. Most of the questions for hypotheticals and explanations of the job expectations. She told me to expect a call in three days if I was hired.

I thought the interview went really well and was very surprised I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10 how comfortable are you with technology and computers?   Answer Question
    • Describe the last time that you were competitive.   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal relationship with a sales manager? If possible, give an example of a successful supervisor relationship from your prior career.   Answer Question
    • How did you get ready for your last sales call or a major presentation?   Answer Question
    • Describe your typical, daily work flow.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ganz in January 2010.

I applied online and in a week I was called for a phone interview with the recruter. Afterone week, I was called again for phone interview with the company. Passing that interview, I was called for a face to face. It wsa for an hour. A week later, I was called for another interview, and that was with VP and Human Resource Director.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ganz in March 2012.

Drove 1.5 hours for interview at a Panera in the middle of the lunch hour. Interview was very casual, didn't ask many questions. Hiring manager explained that people getting 2nd interviews would be expected to drive to a different location farther away the very next day, and that they wouldn't know until 7pm that night. How do you expect working people to do that?

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ganz in September 2011.

Small family owned company with great reputation in the toy industry. Great interview with recruiter who told me to expect a call to set up a local interview . The call came about two days later and the interview was set up for the following week when the interviewer would be
    in the market. The interviewer was not my immediate supervisor which I thought was unusual. I was told I would hear that night by 6 PM if there would be a 2nd interview the next day. The interviewer had a collection of Ganz products on the table that I interacted with but otherwise there was no apparent reason for their being out. She never mentioned them in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ganz? Contribute to the Community!