Gap International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gap International.

Introduced to Gap International at a University Career Fair. Followed up with the recruiter by email, which resulted in an hour long phone interview/conversation. This then led to a formal first round interview at headquarters. Before the interview I was required to complete a 3-4 hour long online course on Breakthrough thinking. (Currently still in the interviewing process).

Interview Questions
    • No cases. I met with 4 Directors and it was primarily them getting to know me and me getting to know them. It was mostly led by my questions and their questions about me as a person and my interest in Gap International.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gap International.

Very long interview process - initial phone interview, then they bring you into the office on three separate occasions. The first two times, you will be at the office for 4-6 hours and meet with maybe 4 people, generally for about 30 minutes each. Yes, your math is correct - there is a lot of sitting around and waiting (although they do give you lunch, which is nice). The final interview is with their executive team. The entire process took about 5 weeks, which sounded like it was faster than usual for them. Very unusual interview process, as they seem completely fine with wasting your time and their employees' time.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were informal in nature; there did not seem to be a "checklist" of questions to ask, they were mostly "getting to know you" one-on-one conversations. However, during these conversations, a number of people asked questions that don't seem necessary and which I think are actually not allowed (by law): e.g. how old are you, do you have a girlfriend (and then - what's her name...what's her last name, what does she do), do you plan on getting married, do you plan on having kids, what do your parents do for a living, where do they work, etc. I will note that most of these didn't seem forced - they just came up in the course of the conversation. Still - if the questions aren't allowed, employees involved in the interview process should know that (and a couple of the questions were asked by senior HR people, who must know better). Gave a bad feeling that the company wanted to be super involved in your life and there would be litter separation of work/life.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gap International.

Applied online, process took about 2 months
    The basic phone interview was about the interviewer trying to get to know you to see if you were the right fit for the company. Mostly behavioral questions, but more why do you want to work here? What is the best fit for you? What are your passions? What do you want to do?

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gap International.

For the first interview, they just had me speak with an HR person along with another person in the company, who had interests that align with mine. For the second set of interviews, I had to interview with 4 people over the course of a day, on BlueJeans, which is something like Skype. Then, they brought me into their office to interview with 4 different people. They have a very extensive interview process that culminates in an interview in front of 12 VPs, all at once. In this interview you are asked to describe yourself. The interview process was very long and took place over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are your qualities that you would prefer not to share. (List 3 of them)   Answer Question

Contracted Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gap International.

I was lucky and hired within a few days. I was hired part-time contractor before being interviewed for a full-time position...most people have a 6 month interview process. While working part-time, I began to interview for a full-time position. This internal process was about 3/4 weeks long

Interview Questions
    • For Full-time position: It looks like you have had a lot of jobs, how can I trust you?   View Answer
    No negotiation, they even lowered my salary because my HR rep did not confirm with the VP or HR

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gap International.

The interview process at Gap is extremely involved. Mine too 4 months and I interviewed with close to 15 people, if not more. I went into the office on three separate occasions and had a few telephone interviews as well. There weren't any case study or business analysis questions... they really just wanted to get a sense of who you are a person and what drives you.

Lead Dev Interview

telephonic and then in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gap International in January 2014.

I had heard great things about the company. Submitted my resume online. Received a call from HR. Had a wonderful initial phone interview. The interview process was long but important to pick the right individual for the career path. I love the company! You work with so many smart and caring people.

Interview Questions
    • The company functions as one big family; therefore, there were many personal questions involved in the interviewing process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gap International.

The interview process is unique. You will meet with an HR person first. Then, you will have several rounds of interviews at the company's headquarters. If you pass those, then you will have an interview with the Vice President team. If they approve, then you will get hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. Gap International focuses on culture, so expect questions to be about who you are as a person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gap International in June 2010.

Many long interviews that will probe into your personal life, goals (to make sure yours align with theirs), health, appearance, act. Notice how I said nothing about work or experience, or what I want out of a job. They probe you in committee format over and over until they are sure they can tweak you yo fit their needs down the road. The can train a dog to do their work, and a dog is exactly what they are looking for. Answer politely, smile a lot, fake enthusiasm for all you are worth and you will convince the cult that you are ready to transformed into some as weak willed as them. Everyone I interviewed with left for real consultancy positions at other companies before I started, except the old guard members who will always be there. They asked me so many inappropriate things that I don't know where to start. Religion, politics, and family are all fair game…don't give them ammo, they will be secretly judging you.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider marrying your girlfriend? Do you believe in your individual power?   View Answer
    Non negotiable…

Them - "You want to be a consultant and have no experience, lucky you, we can anyone a consultant"
    Me - "Yes, ok whatever, no one else will hire me"
    Them - "Ok we will give you below 40k with garbage benefits, and maybe you will make more some day, don't count on it"

Worked for Gap International? Contribute to the Community!