Gap International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contracted Position Interview

Contracted Position
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gap International.

Interview Details – I was lucky and hired within a few days. I was hired part-time contractor before being interviewed for a full-time position...most people have a 6 month interview process. While working part-time, I began to interview for a full-time position. This internal process was about 3/4 weeks long

Interview Question – For Full-time position: It looks like you have had a lot of jobs, how can I trust you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they even lowered my salary because my HR rep did not confirm with the VP or HR

Management Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gap International.

Interview Details – The interview process at Gap is extremely involved. Mine too 4 months and I interviewed with close to 15 people, if not more. I went into the office on three separate occasions and had a few telephone interviews as well. There weren't any case study or business analysis questions... they really just wanted to get a sense of who you are a person and what drives you.

Interview Question – What are your most passionate about and why?   Answer Question

Lead Dev Interview

Lead Dev

Interviewed at Gap International

Interview Details – telephonic and then in person

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gap International in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had heard great things about the company. Submitted my resume online. Received a call from HR. Had a wonderful initial phone interview. The interview process was long but important to pick the right individual for the career path. I love the company! You work with so many smart and caring people.

Interview Question – The company functions as one big family; therefore, there were many personal questions involved in the interviewing process.   Answer Question

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gap International.

Interview Details – The interview process is unique. You will meet with an HR person first. Then, you will have several rounds of interviews at the company's headquarters. If you pass those, then you will have an interview with the Vice President team. If they approve, then you will get hired.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. Gap International focuses on culture, so expect questions to be about who you are as a person.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Springfield, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gap International in June 2010.

Interview Details – Many long interviews that will probe into your personal life, goals (to make sure yours align with theirs), health, appearance, act. Notice how I said nothing about work or experience, or what I want out of a job. They probe you in committee format over and over until they are sure they can tweak you yo fit their needs down the road. The can train a dog to do their work, and a dog is exactly what they are looking for. Answer politely, smile a lot, fake enthusiasm for all you are worth and you will convince the cult that you are ready to transformed into some as weak willed as them. Everyone I interviewed with left for real consultancy positions at other companies before I started, except the old guard members who will always be there. They asked me so many inappropriate things that I don't know where to start. Religion, politics, and family are all fair game…don't give them ammo, they will be secretly judging you.

Interview Question – Would you consider marrying your girlfriend? Do you believe in your individual power?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable…

Them - "You want to be a consultant and have no experience, lucky you, we can anyone a consultant"
Me - "Yes, ok whatever, no one else will hire me"
Them - "Ok we will give you below 40k with garbage benefits, and maybe you will make more some day, don't count on it"

Management Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gap International.

Interview Details – Was contacted to set up a preliminary phone interview. On the day of interview I was called an hour before my scheduled time and my interviewer apologized for calling late. When I courteously informed her she's actually early, but I could continue with the interview anyway, she said she will call me back at the scheduled time. I wasn't called back until 45 minutes after the scheduled time. I was asked two basic questions about my resume and when I was answering the second question I was rudely interrupted and asked to hold. I was on hold for three minutes when my interviewer came back on and said she had to go. It was the most unorganized and unprofessional interview I've ever had. I never bothered to follow up with the interviewer because if this is the way they treat people they are trying to woo into work for them, I can't imagine how bad they will treat you when they actually get you in the door.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "Tell me about why you want to be a consultant" because they never let me answer before I was put on hold for three minutes.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gap International in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very long. That said the conversations I had were great. Cool thing is that the people will answer absolutely any question you have totally truthfully and honestly.

There is no facade. People here mean what they say.

People here really care. Don't sweat the final round interview with all the vice presidents. - if you made it that far they will give you an offer. The VP's just want to get to know the new associates. So just have fun with it.

Interview Question – What am I going to have to deal with from you on a bad day?   View Answer

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gap International in January 2012.

Interview Details – Numerous interviews that didn't really focus on my quantitative skills or past work experiences. More personal questions, because they feel that they would spend the first six months of your time there training you on their consulting practices.

Interview Question – Do you think you're going to marry your girlfriend?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Gap International in October 2012.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment. First round was pretty straight forward. Interviewer asked mainly about previous work and school experience. Also asked why I wanted to work at Gap as opposed to another consulting firm.

Good experience overall. Nice and helpful interviewer, got to second round of interviews.

Interview Question – No technical questions for first round   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gap International? Contribute to the Community!

Gap International Videos

Gap International – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Transforming Organizations Transforming the World​​​​​ This is Gap International’s purpose and our only work. For more than 30 years we have built expertise and a track record of results in transforming the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gap International interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gap International employees and interview candidates.