Gap International Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.5

Management Consultant Interview

The interview process is extensive. Mine was a little over a month.

The executives you interview with know what it takes to be here, but they want to make sure that you get it too. As busy as they are, they take the time to sit down and interview you, because they know that you could very well be sitting in their chair one day—which is really, really cool.

You will have conversations with a lot of smart, driven, and accomplished people. You will most likely come into the office two or three times, and you might even be invited to participate in one of the introductory courses they provide for their clients. Try to take advantage of the opportunity, because it’s all for your benefit.

Other Interview Reviews for Gap International

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap International.

5 phone interviews over the course of two weeks with members of HR and hiring team
    Requested to attend an uncompensated weekend long workshop PRIOR to face to face interview (I declined)
    1 day of face to face interviews with 6 VPs - lots of VPs - apparently I was supposed to have met more the second day which I cancelled.
    1 VP discussed their weight loss and horrific divorce
    1 VP decided the were too tired to meet and cancelled
    1 VP took two personal phone calls that were non-emergent during our interview

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. There was an alarming amount of redundancy in interview questions and inappropriate personal matters were discussed with this candidate. Surprisingly I was told that my personal time would pretty much be non-existent based on the questions I asked them about a typical work day and the environment. Very frustrating and time-wasting experience. I did not choose to continue to interview as the process was to take about 6 weeks and consist of many more meetings.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gap International.

A ton of meetings - it's a serious time commitment and at times it's very disorganized. There were multiple occasions where we were supposed to be video chatting and I'd be stood up. After a ton of skype interviews they'll fly you to philly to do in person ones. There's a lot of redundancy and by the end of it you're left pondering whether it's even worth finishing the process. Don't apply on a whim you'll be sucked up into this process that takes so long.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of: what would you find most challenging here? And at one point I was literally asked what I was hiding.... just a very bizarre experience. They want to know your damage.   Answer Question

It's just sort of creepy. Also it's not really consulting, it's more like leading those teamwork building sessions that everyone dreads.

Management Consultant Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Set up a phone interview the next day. A few weeks later I took their BCO and had two days of interviews with their directors and vice presidents. Everyone was very friendly and conversational. Not a typical interview process

Interview Questions
    • What is it about yourself that causes you to feel and act negatively?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gap International.

This company is HORRENDOUS! I go to a very respected college and saw Gap International's listing on our career website. I applied for a position, thinking Gap International was a consulting firm. I soon learned that Gap International is a very bizarre, wishy-washy sales firm. They basically sell their bizarro "breakthrough performance" packages to desperate companies. This is not a strategy consulting firm. You will not be management consultant. It's a sales position, essentially.

The recruiter who I talked to rambled on for forty minutes about how "revolutionary" Gap International was and how success in life is about "changing your thinking." Sounded like an infomercial! This woman was not a good communicator and would be a terrible consultant at a real firm like BCG. She didn't even ask me anything about my background or qualifications -- she just talked and talked and TALKED.

I hung up on her because I was so creeped out. Stay away from this terrible company!

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap International.

Introduced to Gap International at a University Career Fair. Followed up with the recruiter by email, which resulted in an hour long phone interview/conversation. This then led to a formal first round interview at headquarters. Before the interview I was required to complete a 3-4 hour long online course on Breakthrough thinking. (Currently still in the interviewing process).

Interview Questions
    • No cases. I met with 4 Directors and it was primarily them getting to know me and me getting to know them. It was mostly led by my questions and their questions about me as a person and my interest in Gap International.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gap International.

Very long interview process - initial phone interview, then they bring you into the office on three separate occasions. The first two times, you will be at the office for 4-6 hours and meet with maybe 4 people, generally for about 30 minutes each. Yes, your math is correct - there is a lot of sitting around and waiting (although they do give you lunch, which is nice). The final interview is with their executive team. The entire process took about 5 weeks, which sounded like it was faster than usual for them. Very unusual interview process, as they seem completely fine with wasting your time and their employees' time.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were informal in nature; there did not seem to be a "checklist" of questions to ask, they were mostly "getting to know you" one-on-one conversations. However, during these conversations, a number of people asked questions that don't seem necessary and which I think are actually not allowed (by law): e.g. how old are you, do you have a girlfriend (and then - what's her name...what's her last name, what does she do), do you plan on getting married, do you plan on having kids, what do your parents do for a living, where do they work, etc. I will note that most of these didn't seem forced - they just came up in the course of the conversation. Still - if the questions aren't allowed, employees involved in the interview process should know that (and a couple of the questions were asked by senior HR people, who must know better). Gave a bad feeling that the company wanted to be super involved in your life and there would be litter separation of work/life.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gap International.

For the first interview, they just had me speak with an HR person along with another person in the company, who had interests that align with mine. For the second set of interviews, I had to interview with 4 people over the course of a day, on BlueJeans, which is something like Skype. Then, they brought me into their office to interview with 4 different people. They have a very extensive interview process that culminates in an interview in front of 12 VPs, all at once. In this interview you are asked to describe yourself. The interview process was very long and took place over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are your qualities that you would prefer not to share. (List 3 of them)   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gap International in June 2014.

Initial Communication with a phone interview. 3 video Interviews with senior management, 2 video Interviews with Vice presidents and an IQ genius test. No final interview. In total about 8 interviews and writing samples.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gap International.

The interview process at Gap is extremely involved. Mine too 4 months and I interviewed with close to 15 people, if not more. I went into the office on three separate occasions and had a few telephone interviews as well. There weren't any case study or business analysis questions... they really just wanted to get a sense of who you are a person and what drives you.